• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

grandpokemonmaster

!!Arceus God Parnter Trainer!!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 27, 2008
Good Job, Zel, once again, good job on the Kick-Ass Game! XD I know I cursed but it was so dang necessary! Good job on the hack, and hopefully you can do one more thing for it, it needs a tile change in the pokemon centers and marts. I'm going to ask if you can edit the insides of pokemon centers and marts. Because it will be the Hack of the Year: 2008! I'm serious, it will! But you don't have to, so, good luck on Beta6 and Beta7 this year!

wait can i still clone pokemons?

Maybe, I didn't do that, but go to youtube and find someone(s) video and it should tell you how. BUT!

!!!WARNING!!!
IT MAY LEAD TO DELETING YOU GAME AND STARTING OVER!
BECAREFUL!

I hope that helps!

Last edited:
Years
Thanks i didnt try to

Anyways i just beat the ghost pokemon gym leader, my pokemons were badly hurt i came out suddenly a trainer came and challenged me and i lost, and now i cant find him, will i challenge him again
it was very suprsing specially my pokemon had 2 hp(Quilava) and he had a wartortal and it was raining.

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
wait can i still clone pokemons?

No, you can not
6ca775a4abin5.jpg

I'll post any walkthrough (or pics, or whatever helps to avoid getting questions about the current releases gameplay) you want to do
on the game (being it about the whole game or specific parts), since I don't want an "Official" guide, anyone can make his/her own

Guides for the Original Gold game at Gamefaqs: http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbcolor/game/198308.html
Guide to dirk123's walkthrough (with edits by CrisG14: http://www.pkmncommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37737&d=1187216916
Site with Barker's walkthrough:http://www.freewebs.com/shinygoldwalkthrough/
Post with the solution to Farfetch's puzzle (by Shurikenway): http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showpost.php?p=2363558&postcount=1794
Or, try with this video JoyRide made:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRfMVRCScr4
Stop wondering where does this Pokemon can be found! SG-B5 Pokedex by Giovanni Boss (requires Excel or program able to read .xls files): http://www.sendspace.com/file/lwxl38
if you need any more help this should solve your problem

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
can i catch a groyvile? i seen in a shiny gold youtube vid a person had one

if you just read my post above you would see something like this:
top wondering where does this Pokemon can be found! SG-B5 Pokedex by Giovanni Boss (requires Excel or program able to read .xls files): http://www.sendspace.com/file/lwxl38
That will tell you where to catch ANY pokemon that can be caught in shinygold.
Next time look around for answers to simple questions you'll be surprised on how easy it is to use the search button.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
You need to go to CIANWOOD CITY, beat the gym, obviously get fly, and go to the house in the south part of the city and talk to the guy there. First you need surf and strength.

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
kay i downloaded it but its a xls file i dont know how to open it
And what medicine does Jasmines pokemon need the amparos one?

you don't have excel? try seaching excel veiwer on google maybe you can find something.
Edit: btw I see your not looking at my post, if you did you would see the Guide that would tell you where to go.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
kay i downloaded it but its a xls file i dont know how to open it
And what medicine does Jasmines pokemon need the amparos one?

As much as I'm willing as I am to help, this is a little much. I strongly suggest you download the walk through and use Excel to open the pokedex. All of your questions and more can be answered by those. Not to mention the help thread. Which can be found here.

LiquidR

I am the shadow on the moon at night
Years
yeah it sure did thank you now i am stuck in the team rocket hide out where there is 3 switchs that turn on, which way is the right order
neever mind i figued it out

knight, not to be rude or anything, but you're getting really annoying. All your questions are answered in the walkthrough, linked on the first page.

If you still have problems with the game, there is a special topic about the gameplay of Shiny Gold.
Shiny Gold Help Thread

@Zel,
I found some beauty errors in the game.
the statues in the 3rd gym have a wooden floor but the gym has a grass floor.

Are you going to change that later on or are you keeping it that way (not that it is annoying or anything).

The Wave

Something to believe in....
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
great hack zel, I love it. the story, the remake... nintendo might be pretty suprised of this. wishing you the best luck zel!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Ah, reading Coolboyman's rant thread, I found a bug report XD So I went and checked it.
Prof Elm will recognize your Togepi, but not Togetic, so if you evolve it, you won't ever get the everstone.

Years
Zel is this already mentioned but when you trade Pokemon it doesn't recognize the previous owner and says "apparently met in route 28/Radio Tower? Was this mentioned or did you intentionally do this?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
When you face Ard, are you going to make a flashback sequence sequence before he battles you?

I dont think we really need to tell the trainer's pasts in the game. They never told us the past of Silver or Steven, or that kind of thing, so there's no need.

Actually, I pictured something like: Ard battles Carlos, and is quite crushed, then, amelia comes and proofs that Carlos shouldn't be so self-confident.

I'm still thinking in how you're going to make Beldum obtainable. Guess Amelia is giving us one.

That's why the player's here, to kick Carlos' rear and give him that lesson :P

Hmmm... It could be...

Zel you should make a double battle at mt moon with Carlos and Silver against Amelia and Gold. That would be an awesome showdown. Just an idea, it would make for an incredibly tough battle and a fun one too.

I wonder how many times I said that Silver and Carlos are not that compatible. They'd fight between them before battling anyone else.
And dont forget that's something most fit for Emerald.

Zel- I just read Smeargle's Dex entry. You are a comic genius.

Nope, I haven't done a thing to the Dex entries, so it's Nintendo stuff (which makes me think... Nintendo makes jokes? :O)

Just a quick question... There is going to be a way to get the Starters that you didn't pick, isn't there?

Also, after completing the final game, will there still be a way to have rematches with your Rivals?

One more question... Will you be going to that Secret Area you've created after, or before you beat Red? In SGX won't the Trainers you battle have Level 100 Pokemon? Likewise for Red?

Thanks!

Of course there'll be, at least I'm sure of how giving one of them. The other I'll think about it myself.

Probably not all of them. Give them a rest...

It's not that "secret" anymore, but, around there I want to make things more challenging.

Zel has already planned most of the rival events up to Red.

@ Zel:Couldn't you build a battle tower thing from fresh but with set levels?

As you said, I also have planned the other non-rival events as well, so probably more ideas would not be that useful here. And, I cannot really talk too much about stuff that I'm a bit ahead of. First let's finish Mt.Silver.

my other question, in your earlier betas the graphics were great...but now the graphics are looking aged(still great) are you doing this on purpose in order to give the hack a more clasical effect?

On the first betas the graphics were the FR ones, then I got bored of them and decided to change the palettes into a very sad tone of green (then I got a few complains so I made a mixed sad and not sad tone of green), and now I've retained the palettes for the grass and changed the ones for trees and added some more ripped tiles. I'm trying to get the style I like, and the current one is probably the one that will remain till the end :)

Ah, reading Coolboyman's rant thread, I found a bug report XD So I went and checked it.
Prof Elm will recognize your Togepi, but not Togetic, so if you evolve it, you won't ever get the everstone.

With Togetic it works too? I never knew about it, since Togepi was usually kicked out from my parties as soon as I got the Everstone XP. If that's true, I'll update the script.

Zel is this already mentioned but when you trade Pokemon it doesn't recognize the previous owner and says "apparently met in route 28/Radio Tower? Was this mentioned or did you intentionally do this?

It's something originally from Nintendo, I think they put that on all the traded Pokemon from another game (I guess you traded between two SGs, so it recognizes the SG location but it adds the "apparently" as normally occurs)

Updating, I finished both Routes22 and 1, which means I'm beginning with Pallet (and a few things around there), guess that'll take some time, but I just wanted to keep you informed.

On a side note to knight: Refer to the walkthroughs when you have gameplay questions, and dont get offtopic. Thank you very much.

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2012
i know that this probably has been asked before but.....can you trade pokemon betwen this hack and pkmn emerald ect.?also before coming to this site i downloaded pokemon shiny gold and it was in spanish, did somebody took the time to translate it or do you speak spanish zel? de donde eres?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
I just realized something, Zel once you finish the rest of Kanto, is that the completion of Pokemon Shiny Gold? I mean besides glitch fixes and the like.

Back