• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Here are my two cents: Instead of using the size of the sprite, try using/writing a system that compares the measured height in the Pokédex entry to the height of the trainer, and have the sprites scaled accordingly. That could be a bit more accurate.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
This sint a hack buddy. Anyway wow giant gyarados. I so want one. Ailstars theory is correct in a way try it. Also man if you cant then i can wait to see what happens for pokemon like seviper.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The size is already based on the Pokédex size. However, it has to be based partly on the sprites, as a Pokémon with a small sprite would appear too small otherwise.
The resize takes into account the dimensions of the image file (usually 128x128), the height of the actual sprite (i.e. not counting pixel rows with only transparent pixels), the height of the trainer sprite, the height given in the Pokédex, and the trainer's height (currently the same as in D/P; i.e. 1.4m).
It's an issue with how the Pokédex height is measured on long Pokémon and their poses in the sprites, not with the script. If I resprited Gyarados with its head at the top, tail at the bottom, and body straightened out, it would appear at the correct size. However, it would then look really really awkward; would you rather have a slightly inaccurate Size page, or a ridiculous sprite appearing in battle, the summary screen, and Pokédex? :P

Unless I can get hold of the data controlling this used in R/S/E, I'll leave it like this.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
Years
This looks better than sex. A question, though: When will we be able to actually download a demo or beta?

<<Haruki Adachi>>

Oh how heroes have fallen
Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2010
I can't wait for it
This will be a game I support
anyways if you need any Attack Names,City Names,or NPC Names just PM me

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Nice update~ :D Annoying problem though.

And personally, I prefer the first design on the PokeDex. Dunno why, but I like the new way as well. I guess it just reminds me a bit more of R/S/E for some reason @-@

Anywho, keep it up <3

Rabla

Master of the Keyblade
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2015
wow this game is the best one i have seen anywhere

wichu, DONT EVER give up on this

ill be taking a supporter userbar now......

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Okay, I'll add that back in. Thanks for the support and feedback!

EDIT: This any better?
Screenshot249.png

Ignore the seen and caught numbers, I forgot to tell it to only count the regional dex Pokémon :P

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Of course you are. What dont tell me you thought that there is a boundary and you can only post in the hacking section? I mean we only hate those who randomly post noobishly and say ooh great hack when the beta and such. And yes the shikadext does seem to be great.

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2012
Did you get my pm?
anyways I'll apply here to be a spriter, is it a yes or a no?

Bushby
Bushby.png

I have no name yet for this one.
chipmunk1.png

It's evolution, I messed up on this one.
chipmunk2.png

Please do relpy back.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2009
if you estimated. what month or year do you think this hack will release its first alpha or beta?

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Well those ae certainly impressive animations you have there Wichu. I love the color of the Shikadex, and your news on the work around of the script to make it a stand alone, and a bit faster(or was it alot faster?) is certainly good to hear. :p

Zurr

The sky is not the limit.
Years
I'd just like to point out something. the ledge on route 47 is put with wrong parts in the screen shot. if this has been corrected, then please replace the screenshot.
more stuff:

thanks for the reply, but i wanted to say that the large amount of pokemon may lead to worse performance.

i just want u to make a new device if possible for this region like the pokegear, pokenav, and poketch. thats what i meant by the pokeutility.

wil u be making new items in accordance with the pokemon?eg.razor claw for weavile, protector for rhyperior, up-grade for porygon.

put animations to the movement of the pokemon like in emerald. try putting evolution during a battle like in the show.

well...thats it. oh yeah, how's my sig?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back