• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
looks good even on paint! and the berry system doesnt have to work i guess coz they wernt a major part of the story

the berry growing part of the system works fine its just before you start growing berrys its not. as soon as you plant and grow your first berry then the bug is gone which is why its not really a top priority bug.

but i guess having the berry system in would be nice. something differnt for a change. instea of picking them off a tree :D now you can plant them and see them :P more excitement i say ^^

I aggree. having to remeber where each berry grew and having to wait a whole day to get another one was interesting but this is hopfully more interesting.

link

linkandzelda

Years
Yeah, so I don't have high hopes for adding the Pokemon Contest. But even so I can see from the screenies that this is a good game.

thanks.

Update: ok. ive been taking a few days off since 19th because i needed a break. the beta is hofully going to be released soon. were very close. stay tuned.

link

SamieNiceGuy

Be positive, Not negative.
Years
  • Age 98
  • Seen Dec 13, 2009
I dont want to be picky or rude. buy may i ask where the 1st beta ends ? thanks you ^_^

Years
um, will the final tiles be the imported ones, or will you make more FR/LG/D/P themed tiles (in terms of colours)? I love the entire graphics style of the metals generation, but maybe LiquidCrystal needs a more modern feel.

linkandzelda

Years
I dont want to be picky or rude. buy may i ask where the 1st beta ends ? thanks you ^_^

I think it finishes where you can get to Kanto. It depends on Linkandzelda's

mood on hacking.

Wonder if there will be a special event in S.S Aqua?

The beta ends hopfully when you complete the league. I'm not planning for any more at the momment.

link

SamieNiceGuy

Years
  • Age 98
  • Seen Dec 13, 2009
if it finishes hopefully at the end of the league. then thats good. means that you might only need to do 4 betas ? 2nd one ends at half way at kanto. 3rd one ends at finish of game. and 4th is final. just bug fix :D oh... dont mind me :D im just typeing random :P

linkandzelda

Years
um, will the final tiles be the imported ones, or will you make more FR/LG/D/P themed tiles (in terms of colours)? I love the entire graphics style of the metals generation, but maybe LiquidCrystal needs a more modern feel.

I think this will probably be the last of the tiles that are inserted but you never know what might happen :)

if it finishes hopefully at the end of the league. then thats good. means that you might only need to do 4 betas ? 2nd one ends at half way at kanto. 3rd one ends at finish of game. and 4th is final. just bug fix :D oh... dont mind me :D im just typeing random :P

Well. Thats thinking a bit far ahead. That might be the case though or might not.

Update: Me and zeikku have resumed work on this and are still on time for the release.
link

SamieNiceGuy

Years
  • Age 98
  • Seen Dec 13, 2009
i know :D i think far ahead all of the time :D cause i think if i do that. im able to get through stuff easyer. but i guess i was thinking ahead for you guys :)

linkandzelda

Years
i know :D i think far ahead all of the time :D cause i think if i do that. im able to get through stuff easyer. but i guess i was thinking ahead for you guys :)

thats an interesting method lol.

update: Syill moveing swiftly but im not sure on the beta being before 2nd of september. I'm just doing the battle tower at the momment. stay tuned.

link

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
and guys..in case your wondering what i'm doing, I'm working on new sprites, in te mean time, so we don't slow down the progress. I have my fair share of platinum sprite rips too (of existing pokemon...not sinnoh) so those may be inserted.
I'm combining revamps/ DP poses, and emerald 2nd pose sprites, so it looks kind of official :)
I will aso be working on a new hero sprite....
cos I've been told the existing one isn't that nice :(

I'm probably gonna think of some little things to change... rofl..

linkandzelda

Years
and guys..in case your wondering what i'm doing, I'm working on new sprites, in te mean time, so we don't slow down the progress. I have my fair share of platinum sprite rips too (of existing pokemon...not sinnoh) so those may be inserted.
I'm combining revamps/ DP poses, and emerald 2nd pose sprites, so it looks kind of official :)
I will aso be working on a new hero sprite....
cos I've been told the existing one isn't that nice :(

I'm probably gonna think of some little things to change... rofl..

Great. btw who said that out hero isnt good? I wanna know cuz i like it lol.

link

SamieNiceGuy

Years
  • Age 98
  • Seen Dec 13, 2009
i like the existing hero sprite ^^ but eh :D who cares what other people think ^^ go with what you like :D! anyway. i can just tell that this hack is going to be a big success :P

linkandzelda

Years
yay. i love it to completly honest.

btw guys im setting up a site that LC beta 1 will be hosted on. so that where you can download it XD

link

rj217

a person
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2010
seems very original and that's what i really like. all the ones past the gsc era isn't all that great. good job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back