• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 27, 2011
Wow. I had no idea htis hack progressed so far! ^^; I just happened to find a video of it on YouTube, and I went straight to this thread to try it out! Heheh.

I just started, but I don't know if it's a big thing, but when you pick your Pokemon, the rival's Pokemon's Pokeball disappears. @_@; Like I said, I just started, but the rival is the red hair guy, right? He shows up as Gary in the beginning, unless it's another rival, or you alreayd know that.

I don't know, jsut thought I'd mention something. It looks great so far! ^^

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
Wow. I had no idea htis hack progressed so far! ^^; I just happened to find a video of it on YouTube, and I went straight to this thread to try it out! Heheh.

I just started, but I don't know if it's a big thing, but when you pick your Pokemon, the rival's Pokemon's Pokeball disappears. @_@; Like I said, I just started, but the rival is the red hair guy, right? He shows up as Gary in the beginning, unless it's another rival, or you alreayd know that.

I don't know, jsut thought I'd mention something. It looks great so far! ^^

a little bit off-topic but

was that video mine? from flipboitamidles? huh? huh? huh?

now back on-topic

cant wait till b3!

and to show you support, im making a new banner!

it'll be like a banner i saw for treecko lvl100's MOON/SUN hack from this one member and it looked cool, so i took a crack at it

i'll be back with it!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Argh! Considering I'm not a good cheater, I've been investigating so much about PAR Codes (which seems to be the only ones that got the Wild Shiny Pokemon code to work, other things are Pokemon Makers, but that doesn't work for me, either, since I need it to show up as a wild battle, and not in a box), but I haven't found the way to get the offsets those codes are supposed to be modifying, even though I've seen a lot of manuals about PAR to raw conversions (of course, they may be modifying other things, as the RAM, perhaps, which means I couldn't find a way, anyway...). There doesn't seem to be a raw command that could make you battle a shiny (but, raw commands are soooo deep that I guess I'd never figure out the answer, if there's any)
As you can see, I don't have a clue about what to do to get us a sure shiny battle. So I think I'll skip it, and just put a tough Gyarados instead (Perhaps later someone could come up with a miracle and help us all! If not, I'll consider about creating a custom Red Gyarados, even though I don't want to, it's not a real shiny...)

So, enough about cheat codes... I hate to cheat...

I said it before, I didn't say anything important (I forgot I had to speak proper Spanish, so the translators worked right...), just a little joke for Sergio.

to Raz: Yes, one of this days I'll paste the tiles to FR's Shiny Gold, it's pretty easy to do, now.

to Mario Famous: I usually use Advance Map's Load and Save Tilesets commands inside its Block Editor (I don't get along with TLP, or similars, unless there's no other option)

to Hikarii: You sure you patched correctly?, because Gary wouldn't never show up, only our classic Silver (the red-haired guy)

I feel kinda weird with all those videos showing up in youtube (flipboi, you were a visionary! I will be waiting a cool banner just like that!), seems like I've been doing something right, since it seems like people are enjoying the game.

That's all, I'll go back to sleep, my head spins funny, after reading so much about cheats... :knockedou

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
Argh! Considering I'm not a good cheater, I've been investigating so much about PAR Codes (which seems to be the only ones that got the Wild Shiny Pokemon code to work, other things are Pokemon Makers, but that doesn't work for me, either, since I need it to show up as a wild battle, and not in a box), but I haven't found the way to get the offsets those codes are supposed to be modifying, even though I've seen a lot of manuals about PAR to raw conversions (of course, they may be modifying other things, as the RAM, perhaps, which means I couldn't find a way, anyway...). There doesn't seem to be a raw command that could make you battle a shiny (but, raw commands are soooo deep that I guess I'd never figure out the answer, if there's any)
As you can see, I don't have a clue about what to do to get us a sure shiny battle. So I think I'll skip it, and just put a tough Gyarados instead (Perhaps later someone could come up with a miracle and help us all! If not, I'll consider about creating a custom Red Gyarados, even though I don't want to, it's not a real shiny...)

So, enough about cheat codes... I hate to cheat...

I said it before, I didn't say anything important (I forgot I had to speak proper Spanish, so the translators worked right...), just a little joke for Sergio.

to Raz: Yes, one of this days I'll paste the tiles to FR's Shiny Gold, it's pretty easy to do, now.

to Mario Famous: I usually use Advance Map's Load and Save Tilesets commands inside its Block Editor (I don't get along with TLP, or similars, unless there's no other option)

to Hikarii: You sure you patched correctly?, because Gary wouldn't never show up, only our classic Silver (the red-haired guy)

I feel kinda weird with all those videos showing up in youtube (flipboi, you were a visionary! I will be waiting a cool banner just like that!), seems like I've been doing something right, since it seems like people are enjoying the game.

That's all, I'll go back to sleep, my head spins funny, after reading so much about cheats... :knockedou

dont worry zel

the videos are bringing in new supporters! they keep messaging me about your rom! not that i dont mind getting messages from them, its jsut cool that the videos im making for you hack is doing great! but, i wanna make more but my comp is C***.

anyways, yeh ill be back with the banner, gotta do my hw. but its turning out great! i think?:\

Red

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Wow, is it "the" Red?. Man! Did you came back? Glad you like my game. Many things happened since I posted on your thread, right?
Yeah, it's me, I seem to have problems finishing stuff I start, I guess many people do.
OK, I had some fun right now, but I'm still trying to find a way to get that freaking Red Shiny Gyarados... There MUST be a way, since there are cheat codes to get Shiny Pokemon Wild Battles. And, codes usually affect a part of the game (an offset), right? But, where?
I'll keep on battling, if anyone has an idea about it, feel free to post it, or PM it to me. But, remember, in the end, if I cant pull it by tomorrow, I'll just put a tough normal Gyarados as a fill-up, till I advance a bit more in the game, and can dedicate a bit more of my time to research once more.
Also, keep in mind that I don't want to modify one of those ??? Pokemon to make a Red Gyarados (that just brings problems... I think...)
I think you could modify one of the ??? pokemon. I've been experimenting in hex to see if i could add new pokemon, and it seems plausible/possible. I've seen that I can add new pokemon without erasing old ones. However, they can;t seem to go into the pokedex and I haven't found a way to make the graphics work.(I didn't edit any of the 25 ???s but I'm starting to think I should) I wanted to add 29 pokemon, but that 25 limit stops that. Difficulty...-_-
Also, I'll do a little research with cheat codes.:D(BTW, where is there a code i can use to make shiny pokemon? I don't see one that i could use...)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2011
If I recall, there is a encounter rate flag for catching shiny pokemon,now if you can change the flag around for that gyrados,making it indefinate that it is a shiny,after you capture of defeat you could make a flag thatb resets the shiny flag for all gyrados.

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
If I recall, there is a encounter rate flag for catching shiny pokemon,now if you can change the flag around for that gyrados,making it indefinate that it is a shiny,after you capture of defeat you could make a flag thatb resets the shiny flag for all gyrados.
Whoa! How'd you figure that one out? Jeez, and I thought Zel was PC's best... Erm... No offense, pal. Keep up the awesome work!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
And, Am I supposed to go on a quest to find that flag (or variable)?........... (because I'm pretty sure that if there's one, it's very internal to the game. Unless at certain point the chances of getting a shiny is modified, so a script is doing something to that flag (or variable). But who could tell if the chances were modified?)

flipboi: I've added your banner. To my liking, I still like the one with the Ho-oh flying in the sky (because I enjoy simpler things), but perhaps some will like, I'm sure of it!

Red: not like I couldn't replace of those ??? pokes, just I don't want to, because is not like having an authentic shiny. (But, if there's no other option, and people are ok with that, instead of a tough normal Gyarados, I may do that)

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
@zel: I've posted this thread in order to help you out a bit ;) (Edit: But someone for some reason immediately deleted my thread and I didn't get why that had to be done, it was a perfectly normal question.)
And btw, you can use Sappy to import GSC music in the game, but I've not been able to figure it out yet.

Last edited:

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
@zel: I've posted this thread in order to help you out a bit ;) (Edit: But someone for some reason immediately deleted my thread and I didn't get why that had to be done, it was a perfectly normal question.)
And btw, you can use Sappy to import GSC music in the game, but I've not been able to figure it out yet.
Um... not exactly. Sappy only works with GBA games, so you can't rip songs from G/S/C. However, there is some really complicated way to make the music in hex... Also, in R/S/E, there are a few revamped themes from G/S/C (Crystal legendary battle, non-battle Team Rocket theme, Crystal PKMN Center theme, and the Route 38/39 theme) which you could use Sappy to get, then import as (respectively) Battle Vs. Legendary, {some encounter song}, PKMN Center theme, and some Route Theme. (Zel, if you need help with the music, I'll gladly do that for you.) ;)

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010
Well zel, what can I say that hasn't already been said? There isn't anything you can't figure out huh? You've done quite an amazing job, and I'm looking forward to more and more updates for Shiny Gold. And I no it's only a matter of time until you suceed in the whole "day/night" thing too. I just can't wait until that day comes!:D But I have a couple of questions for you that I'm not sure if anyone has asked you about.

1) I know it'll be a while until you reach the story in Kanto, but about that dude "CAL". How is that going to work?

2) This is just curiosity really. Your character, he's been getting his butt kicked alot in battles. Is he going to amaze everyone by getting to be more powerful than than the rival, or Red perhaps? I'm just curious that's all. It'll be a waste if you had something planned out for him and spilled the beans because of me. If that's the case, ignore this question bud.

That's all for now. And I love how you did the headbutt tree's script. I need to practice more on my scripting, hopefully be as good as you dude!

Years
Yes, I agree with Treecko, your doing an amazing job scripting, and you say your still learning? That only means you will eventually become unstoppable in scripting, which.. in a way.. can be pretty scary,

For example, what if you build killer robots, and you script them to do this, else, that, or, kill people, if non living, destroy, else, destroy everything, or something like that.. eheh

I just want to get on your good side is all, eheh xD
(*thinks* wonder what he will do after this... perhaps.... an online game!)

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2011
Yes, I agree with Treecko, your doing an amazing job scripting, and you say your still learning? That only means you will eventually become unstoppable in scripting, which.. in a way.. can be pretty scary,

For example, what if you build killer robots, and you script them to do this, else, that, or, kill people, if non living, destroy, else, destroy everything, or something like that.. eheh

He could do a silver version(it wont be hard,all he has to do is change the ho-oh to lugia at the title screen, make it so you get lugia at lv 40 instead of lv 70, you what I mean.) And maybe a crystal remake(again changing the ho-oh to suicune and doing crystal events.)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years

Perhaps the thread got deleted because it was a question to make in the Simple Questions Thread, besides, I've searched there and, a few times the question was made, but no answers :(

Um... not exactly. Sappy only works with GBA games, so you can't rip songs from G/S/C. However, there is some really complicated way to make the music in hex... Also, in R/S/E, there are a few revamped themes from G/S/C (Crystal legendary battle, non-battle Team Rocket theme, Crystal PKMN Center theme, and the Route 38/39 theme) which you could use Sappy to get, then import as (respectively) Battle Vs. Legendary, {some encounter song}, PKMN Center theme, and some Route Theme. (Zel, if you need help with the music, I'll gladly do that for you.) ;)

And about music, that could an add-on. For now, I survive with FR's music (some of them are cool, for example, I've used Deoxys battle music for Mt.Mortar, and it really sounds great, it really motivates the player to wander around the place)

Well zel, what can I say that hasn't already been said? There isn't anything you can't figure out huh? You've done quite an amazing job, and I'm looking forward to more and more updates for Shiny Gold. And I no it's only a matter of time until you suceed in the whole "day/night" thing too. I just can't wait until that day comes!:D But I have a couple of questions for you that I'm not sure if anyone has asked you about.

1) I know it'll be a while until you reach the story in Kanto, but about that dude "CAL". How is that going to work?

2) This is just curiosity really. Your character, he's been getting his butt kicked alot in battles. Is he going to amaze everyone by getting to be more powerful than than the rival, or Red perhaps? I'm just curious that's all. It'll be a waste if you had something planned out for him and spilled the beans because of me. If that's the case, ignore this question bud.

That's all for now. And I love how you did the headbutt tree's script. I need to practice more on my scripting, hopefully be as good as you dude!

Well, doing that day/night thing on FR... :\
1)How did it work on Gold?, I think you went one day, and you battled him (his party was static, anyway). Then you had to wait to another day. Well, if so, I guess it'll be much the same, but you'll only need to wait a few minutes before battling him again (of course, once again with the handy timed-event script, which connects every timed event!)
2)He'll become more important through the game, that's all.

Well, keep on practicing, you know what I think. I'd like to see more scripters around!

zel's EDIT: What???

He could do a silver version(it wont be hard,all he has to do is change the ho-oh to lugia at the title screen, make it so you get lugia at lv 40 instead of lv 70, you what I mean.) And maybe a crystal remake(again changing the ho-oh to suicune and doing crystal events.)

What will I do after? I wish I could finish SG before next year's March. So I could dedicate fully to the Uni. After that, who knows?

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2011
Well you beat him one day, then wait the next day to beat him again.

And implementing Cal will be easy,just add a random time script to him.

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
thanx zel!

and since you like simple banners, im thinking of making a trainer set.

like i will make a hero banner, heroine banner, a banner for each rival!

this is going to be sweet!

EDIT:

hey zel, can you tell me the names of all the rivals you have so far, and give me a sprite of them?

really all i need is those two rivals that team up against you, or i think. if you have more rivals, can you tell me their names?

so far ive done gold (hero) crystal (heroine) silver (red hair rival) carlos (you) and yeh.

EDIT #2:

i finished! ill send you the banners, via message!

Last edited:

jakerzone

Kid Chocoholic
Years
This is turning out to be a really good game zel :) im glad its going good. i still hope your planning to change the sprites of the gym leaders because that would be awsome, best of luck to ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back