• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Massive multiplayer online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
So you might know me as Kyledove or Kymotonian from deviantART.
Been wondering where I've been? Heres where:

I've been working on an MMOG (Massive multiplayer online game). This is not the real name, as we havent yet come to a decision on it. Im working on it with a really talented programmer called Dodotrainer.

Programming language: Flash Actionscript (as far as I know, Im not the programmer)

Introduction:
This is a home for all the great Fanmon that people have created, so others can play with them in a real game. It's meant to be friendly place to hang out, play, compete, and create things. The visual style of the game is based on completely custom graphics made by me. We try to reduce a lot of connections to the official pokemon name, in order to avoid being sued or anything which is why there are no official pokemon in the game (like pikachu.)

Its set in a fanmade region, where you can explore every part of it not just a route laid out for you like the usual games. You will be able to customize your appearance, see your friends from all around the world, battle and even trade with them. It will feature large realistic maps, with even stuff like bathrooms (though if they will be functional or not is yet unknown.) As the game progresses and grows a lot more other original features will be added to enhance the gaming experience. It will all work on your web-browser so theres no need to download anything.
There area already around 200+ fanmons designed for this game (and well made ones, not crappy ones) that have taken years to design, so a lot of care has been taken in this area.

Plot:
Um...its an mmog so...theres not really any plot? But apparently I HAVE to include this and write at least 10 lines of text so Ill just go through the usual mmog/pokemon plot.
You start off in this trainer's school in a big city, where you will be taught how to use the game and battle and things by your various teachers. You can choose to skip all this if you want to. Then your science teacher will give you a choice of 6 starter pokemons (two fire, two water, and two grass) in order to make player's teams more varied.
Once you have your own starter pokemon, you are free to explore and go out into the wild and battle and train your pokemon and catch many more to join your team. You can go north, east, south, west and just travel wherever you want. Although if you try going to areas you should be going to later in the game, the wild pokemon will be very high-levelled and impossible to pass through.

Your purpose is this: To travel and explore the region and fill your pokedex with the many different pokemon. To visit every gym and defeat each gym leader, and to try and catch them all. The game will be worked on as its out, which means it will be done in installments. In the beggining there may not be very many pokemon or places to visit, but as people join the place too will grow.
We are planning on adding different team factions like team rocket/aqua/magma/etc, but we havent decided on this yet.
Right now there really is no plot because its not a priority, but once the game is up and running we might have the luxury to add some plot to it and flesh it out.

Screenshots:
Apparently I have to include at least 4 even though I dont want to spoil anything, and the maps arent finalized but here we go.
What_you_wish__ah_forget_it_v2_by_Kymotonian.png

Battle!

robinscreen.png

Checking out the status of my pokemon (NAMES ARE NOT FINAL)

screenshot3.png

It seems I only have some pokeballs

fuzzlol.png

One of my friend is found playing the game but not on msn! I call foul play!

Maps:

Pokemon_Starting_School_by_Kymotonian.png

The school you start in.

Pokemon_centre_by_Kymotonian.png

Pokemon centre now is bigger and looks more like a hospital.

Pokemon_Supermarket_by_Kymotonian.png

The supermarket also looks more like a real supermarket.

Pokemon_farm_by_Kymotonian.png

Just a run of the mill farm, or is it?

Mmorpg_house_by_Kymotonian.png

Some average house

Current features:
Online play and chat - you can see the other players.
PvP nearly works bug-free (player vs player battles)
Can see list of players currently online.
Catch, battle, train, level up.
Can nickname pokemon.
Pokemon box storage system fully works.
Pokeball can miss with probability depending on the health.
Can run away from battles.
Day and night system implemented.
Buying and selling items.
Being able to move team order freely.
NPC battles and talk.
Scrolling maps.
Animated interface and editing tools.

No beta yet.

If you want to help out, let us know! The beta-engine is ~75% complete, but there's not a lot of game-content yet. We're currently looking for mainly programmers and coders who are experienced in the area of Flash actionscript.

I will be showing more soon, but bear in mind that there is not yet a lot of content. I still have to make a lot of custom tiles and maps and plan out the region.

Anyway, enjoy!

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
That's great to see kyle. I'm a huge fan of your work (just look at my game for example lol), and it's going to be really interesting to see what you and a talented programmer can come out with.
Is this going to a web based game or will a download be needed?

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Ahh crap I meant to post this in the game showcase.
Can someone move it please?
Its web-based so theres not even a download needed.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
This is what you've been working on? :x
It just looks wonderful so far, you've done a great job.

Mind telling me what language it was written in? ( I want to guess and say something that rhymes with Hava )

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
He said it he was looking for people who are skilled in Flash Actionscript.
ActionScript is used for development of websites and software using the Adobe Flash Player.
Great to hear it is web based. Really looking forward to gameplay stuff from this. I'm interested in seeing how the over world stuff is done. I can understand how to code the battle system as a web based app in flash, but can't get my head around anything in terms of an over world map.
Post more info Kyledove! :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Allright I was missing some of the requirements, but it should be good to be moved now hopefully.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Ooooh~ Shiny.

I've always been a fan of your works, Kyle, and the custom graphics in this look fantastic. Oh, and those custom Pokemon are..amazing o_o I'm really liking Robin! I really hope this gets finished; it looks something I'd definitely play xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Why are there dark lines covering the screen? Is it supposed to give the effect of a computer screen or something? Oh, and the Tanook icon isn't transparentified.

Waudby

I imagine the lines are there to stop stealing.

I don't suppose they will be there in the actual game though.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
The programmer added the lines not me. I think they smoothen out the sprites since they are double the size.
You cant register yet, sorry. But we are planning for a beta maybe even this summer.

And yeah I told Dodo about the tanook icon but he hasnt got around to it yet.

Waudby

I think that the lines should just be added to the area where the map is, so leave the text area and gui free of lines.

The sprites are brilliant, will there be another release of your 2d sinnoh tiles at all?

I can't wait to see what other fanmon there are, i've always loved seeing your designs

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Shnitzels.. This is looking very good.
Props to you Kyledove, and to your programmer!
I'll try to check in here now and then ^^

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
The game looks great,but not sure if i'll play it though because i hate custom Pokemon and i don't think i could play a pokemon game with just custom ones, but keep up the good work none the less.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Kinda maybe, I have a few more to release.
But seeing how in platinum sinnoh has new tiles, its kinda disheartening. That and working on this game and trying to make all the tiles custom is taking up most of my time anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back