• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you had to cover a song on stage...

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Bohemian Rhapsody

I can't sing, but it would be funny trying. Especially if I was given a Piano, which I can't play with any skill either.

I could also attempt the operatic segment, but my voice would probably crack the entire time, and I would end up in some sort of cringe compilation.

Years
Moon River is pretty big with me, and jazz is a breeze compared to other genres. But I'd love to do Undisclosed Desires or Starlight by Muse, or I'm Lucky by Joan Armatrading...

I think Reaper by Sia would win out, actually.

I sing a lot. Want to pursue it professionally without an itty-bitty doubt, but like... ack. I need a voice coach so I can get over the voice cracks. And not the Grace VanderWaal voice cracks, or something kinky from a raspy-voiced 90's guy, but like 'oooOooo-kwek-ooooOooo-cough'. As a busker, though, I'd be brilliant. In the big league, as I am now, I would not be so great.

Last edited:
Years
Moving this to Entertainment & Media TBQH.

I mean, does karaoke count? My boyfriend I have drunkenly sang Love Is An Open Door before. My other go-to karaoke tracks include but are not exclusive to Tom's Diner, I'm a Slave 4 U, Paparazzi, I Try, Goodbye Earl, Sweet Transvestite, Dancing Queen, Toucha Toucha Touch Me, 9 to 5.

Last edited:

baire

many such cases
Years
idk if it counts but I'd choose the main theme of the 1993 film "The Piano". Mostly because I'm not much of a performer and would want to go with something very easy, that way I don't mess anything up

Also because it's amazingly catchy and I think the audience woud enjoy it. also I can't sing

IF I'M BEING FORCED TO SING I would go with "Born Under Punches" - Talking Heads. The guitar parts are pretty straightforward and there isn't nearly that much singing involved! a lot of spoken word verses, most of the complexity/innovation the song had was with the african polyrhythms played by the different instruments, but if I'm covering it with a guitar only, that won't really be relevant. gonna be a really bland cover but oh well

Last edited:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I would most definitely choose "Lucky One" by Simple Plan. I mean, this song means a lot to me because it's true to my life. I would want my audience to see the struggles it takes to be who I am at times, you know?

I can kind of sing, does that count?

Sorvete

Novice
Years
Oh man, there's so many songs I'd love to perform live someday. Shoutouts to There Is a Light That Never Goes Out by The Smiths, that song is a masterpiece. Once I get along with playing the guitar I'll definitely take some of my time to learn it :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
Probably High Touch, I can sing that quite well. And I have learned Japanese from listening to it so much.

I would also pick probably an Evanescence, or Linkin Park song, since those are my 2 favourite bands.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I possess the eerie ability to emulate Welcome to the Black Parade in its entirety after a single drop of alcohol - it goes beyond mere karaoke into an unfortunately accurate rendition of the true. I say unfortunate l, because while I would love to have the power to emulate artists of a... higher repertoire, I am stuck with the likes of MCR and fucking Creed, lmao. Unfortunately, Creed is also a band that I can emulate perfectly.

Sometimes I'm just too much of a man!

Years
I'm adding Love by Lana Del Rey, Shape of My Heart by Sting, I Bet My Life by Imagine Dragons, Do You Hear the People Sing and I Dreamed a Dream from Les Mis, and Stand By Me by Ben. E King.

I've attempted Stand By Me a few times, and I'm phenomenally awful at it. I try and tap into the soul but my cords yield, so I go as high as my natural voice tends to go and it's a complete disaster. I still haven't found my real voice, yet. I hope to god it's not the old fashioned jazz type which keeps cropping up on my solo walks - there's not much of a future in it. Going to try out my Jack Skellington and sharpen it into second nature.

Looking to learn the guitar, so hopefully I'll be jamming in my favourite haunt and impressing the northern Italian waitress with my skills. Might even sing that Dean Martin song for her. I shall miss the way she talks! Eh brother, pour the wine... I shall miss the way she walks... eh brother, pour the wine...!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I'd most likely pick an old school Linkin Park song or "Sunrise, Sunburn, Sunset" by Luke Bryan. Love me some Luke Bryan and I actually have that song as my ringtone right now.

I use to be in choir when I was in school so I can sing pretty good.

pkmin3033

I'd do a quick rendition of the 60s Spiderman theme and then get the hell off stage as fast as I possibly could.

I can't really sing particularly well. I'd better be getting paid for this...

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Nah. At least I don't think I can sing.
I would probably sing any Gorillaz songs because I love all of them, but specifically Humility.
Or
I want to break free by Queen.

Back