The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking
[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

ROM Hacking Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #23976    
Old March 11th, 2013 (5:18 PM).
karatekid552's Avatar
karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
What happens if I push it?....
     
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Bold
    Posts: 1,766
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iDowngrade View Post
    1st) It's ok, you dont have to look for it.
    2nd) I do have the Bios, because the emulator wouldnt run if i dont have it.
    Does the emulator run clean roms?
    __________________

    Paired with Simba

    Relevant Advertising!

      #23977    
    Old March 11th, 2013 (6:17 PM).
    Mizumi's Avatar
    Mizumi Mizumi is offline
       
      Join Date: Mar 2013
      Posts: 7
      Hey guys! Just signed up and I have a question about title screen hacking. I have imported the title screen into unlicesend GBA tool I'm using and then used FSF to make "it fit". But, everytime I click "goto" again it refreshes the 2013 file and reverts it back to the original tileset. What do I do?
        #23978    
      Old March 11th, 2013 (6:25 PM).
      karatekid552's Avatar
      karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
      What happens if I push it?....
         
        Join Date: Nov 2012
        Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Bold
        Posts: 1,766
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Mizumi View Post
        Hey guys! Just signed up and I have a question about title screen hacking. I have imported the title screen into unlicesend GBA tool I'm using and then used FSF to make "it fit". But, everytime I click "goto" again it refreshes the 2013 file and reverts it back to the original tileset. What do I do?
        If you notice, number 2013 did not change its offset. That is becuase the original still exists, and you put your new one later in the rom, and now it exists at its own number. If you opted to change the pointer, it should ignore the old one and go straight to your new one.
        __________________

        Paired with Simba
          #23979    
        Old March 11th, 2013 (6:30 PM).
        Mizumi's Avatar
        Mizumi Mizumi is offline
           
          Join Date: Mar 2013
          Posts: 7
          I'm confused. Can you dumb down what I'm supposed to do?
            #23980    
          Old March 11th, 2013 (9:50 PM). Edited March 11th, 2013 by BlackWhiteRobin.
          BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
          BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
             
            Join Date: Sep 2012
            Age: 20
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Quirky
            Posts: 543
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
            You will need to use SMCA in conjunction with Truck Remover, as Truck Remover only removes the ASM routine associate with the truck, but doesn't change your start map.

            Also, Kurapika is correct. Directly after the wild battle and its waitstate, you can place the giveitem.
            Well, what if for example in route 1 I battle a wild Pidgey, and after defeating it I have a chance to get or not to get an oran berry? Is it the same? Can you post a sample because diegoisawesome's and tajaros' scripting tutorial doesn't work on me, I'm using XSE 1.11 I always get errors on certain lines.

            Oh and also what about a random weather? For example I get out of a building it's sunny I go back in and go out again and it will rain but if I go to another place or route, the rain still goes on until I get inside another building again. Is that possible?
              #23981    
            Old March 11th, 2013 (10:08 PM).
            destinedjagold's Avatar
            destinedjagold destinedjagold is online now
            Oh Hai Thar~
             
            Join Date: May 2007
            Location: Philippines
            Age: 27
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Careful
            Posts: 8,565
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
            Well, what if for example in route 1 I battle a wild Pidgey, and after defeating it I have a chance to get or not to get an oran berry? Is it the same? Can you post a sample because diegoisawesome's and tajaros' scripting tutorial doesn't work on me, I'm using XSE 1.11 I always get errors on certain lines.

            Oh and also what about a random weather? For example I get out of a building it's sunny I go back in and go out again and it will rain but if I go to another place or route, the rain still goes on until I get inside another building again. Is that possible?
            Both your questions may be achieved through the use of the random code.
            Taken from diegoisawesome's tutorial...
            Quote:
            With this command, the ROM will choose a random number within the range of 0x0 to the value you set with the argument, and then assign it to 0x800D.
            Here is an example...
            Code:
            #dynamic 0x800000
            
            #org @start
            lock
            faceplayer
            msgbox @pidgey 0x6
            wildbattle 0x10 0x05 0
            random 0x2
            compare 0x800D 0x0
            if 0x1 goto @getberry
            compare 0x800D 0x1
            if 0x1 goto @noberry
            end
            
            #org @getberry
            giveitem 139 1
            setflag 0x(flag)
            hidesprite 0x(sprite #)
            release
            end
            
            #org @noberry
            setflag 0x(flag)
            hidesprite 0x(sprite #)
            release
            end
            Remember the golden rule of hacking...
            Save a back-up before doing something you're not sure of.
            __________________


            FC: 0061-1111-6462
            TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

              #23982    
            Old March 11th, 2013 (10:14 PM).
            BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
            BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
               
              Join Date: Sep 2012
              Age: 20
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Quirky
              Posts: 543
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post


              Both your questions may be achieved through the use of the random code.
              Taken from diegoisawesome's tutorial...


              Here is an example...
              Code:
              #dynamic 0x800000
              
              #org @start
              lock
              faceplayer
              msgbox @pidgey 0x6
              wildbattle 0x10 0x05 0
              random 0x2
              compare 0x800D 0x0
              if 0x1 goto @getberry
              compare 0x800D 0x1
              if 0x1 goto @noberry
              end
              
              #org @getberry
              giveitem 139 1
              setflag 0x(flag)
              hidesprite 0x(sprite #)
              release
              end
              
              #org @noberry
              setflag 0x(flag)
              hidesprite 0x(sprite #)
              release
              end
              Remember the golden rule of hacking...
              Save a back-up before doing something you're not sure of.
              Thanks dude. So I just hit compile and I'm good to go? Or do I need to make a new event for this?
                #23983    
              Old March 12th, 2013 (4:11 AM).
              Mizumi's Avatar
              Mizumi Mizumi is offline
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2013
                Posts: 7
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                If you notice, number 2013 did not change its offset. That is becuase the original still exists, and you put your new one later in the rom, and now it exists at its own number. If you opted to change the pointer, it should ignore the old one and go straight to your new one.
                I checked the fix pointers box and still replaces it with the old? Should I get a new unlz-GBA?
                  #23984    
                Old March 12th, 2013 (4:23 AM).
                BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
                BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Sep 2012
                  Age: 20
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Quirky
                  Posts: 543
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Mizumi View Post
                  I checked the fix pointers box and still replaces it with the old? Should I get a new unlz-GBA?

                  Have you tried to play your game? Because in unlz, when you put a new image in a new offset, checked the automatically fix pointers box and successfully saved it, it will exist in a new number in unlz format. Reply if you tried it but still nothing.
                    #23985    
                  Old March 12th, 2013 (6:34 AM).
                  YogiBerra YogiBerra is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Oct 2010
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 48
                    Hello.

                    Would anyone be able to help me with editing the default names in the intro for Professor Oak? I want to change both the random name the player is assigned if he clicks "OK" without entering a name in the box and the default names that are provided for the rival.

                    I would also like to find the location of the MSG_FIND and MSG_OBTAIN scripts so that I could change them.
                      #23986    
                    Old March 12th, 2013 (8:01 AM).
                    BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
                    BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2012
                      Age: 20
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Quirky
                      Posts: 543
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by YogiBerra View Post
                      Hello.

                      Would anyone be able to help me with editing the default names in the intro for Professor Oak? I want to change both the random name the player is assigned if he clicks "OK" without entering a name in the box and the default names that are provided for the rival.

                      I would also like to find the location of the MSG_FIND and MSG_OBTAIN scripts so that I could change them.
                      Just use the search function of Advance Text. Google it. For example, if you search TERRY in advance text which is one of the default names of the rivals just write it to ini and edit them.

                      But about the MSG_FIND and MSG_OBTAIN, I'm really not sure since those are parts of scripts.
                        #23987    
                      Old March 12th, 2013 (1:21 PM).
                      YogiBerra YogiBerra is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Oct 2010
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 48
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
                        Just use the search function of Advance Text. Google it. For example, if you search TERRY in advance text which is one of the default names of the rivals just write it to ini and edit them.

                        But about the MSG_FIND and MSG_OBTAIN, I'm really not sure since those are parts of scripts.
                        Thank you very much, that works for the rival names, I'll test if the same will work for the hero's names. Thanks again!
                          #23988    
                        Old March 12th, 2013 (2:06 PM).
                        foxz.'s Avatar
                        foxz. foxz. is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Jan 2012
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 22
                          hello!
                          Well, I would like to know how to change the design of the trainer card in pokemon fire red.
                          I know the offset of the card and his pals, but not as ordering raw. Because the raw serves to the front and back of the card.
                          Well, I hope and I can help, thanks
                            #23989    
                          Old March 12th, 2013 (2:34 PM).
                          YogiBerra YogiBerra is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Oct 2010
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 48
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
                            Thanks dude. So I just hit compile and I'm good to go? Or do I need to make a new event for this?
                            Well if you still have the original script uncompiled with dynamic offsets you can add in the random part no problem.

                            As for the weather part, I assume you would use level scripts with the setweather/doweather commands.
                              #23990    
                            Old March 12th, 2013 (3:05 PM).
                            iDowngrade iDowngrade is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Jan 2013
                              Gender: Male
                              Posts: 34
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                              Does the emulator run clean roms?
                              clean roms and non-lunarips-patching required rom hacks
                                #23991    
                              Old March 12th, 2013 (3:12 PM). Edited March 12th, 2013 by BlackWhiteRobin.
                              BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
                              BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Sep 2012
                                Age: 20
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Quirky
                                Posts: 543
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by foxz. View Post
                                hello!
                                Well, I would like to know how to change the design of the trainer card in pokemon fire red.
                                I know the offset of the card and his pals, but not as ordering raw. Because the raw serves to the front and back of the card.
                                Well, I hope and I can help, thanks
                                Here's my answer:
                                Spoiler:
                                If you know the offset and palette, open it in NSE 2.1. And then edit that or you can import your new image using the Import function. Then hit Save. Fix Pointers and your good. About the raw, do you know its unlz-GBA number? If so, Hit raw dump once you locate it. Usually it's just in the next offset of the image. So after saving the raw file, open your edited or your own image with NTME or Professional Tilemap Creator then load tilemap from .raw which is the one you saved earlier and from there edit the order of things. I hope I helped you.


                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by YogiBerra View Post
                                Well if you still have the original script uncompiled with dynamic offsets you can add in the random part no problem.

                                As for the weather part, I assume you would use level scripts with the setweather/doweather commands.
                                So I would still need to put new events in A-map? Or I just compile it using XSE and it will do its thing automatically?

                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by iDowngrade View Post
                                clean roms and non-lunarips-patching required rom hacks
                                I personally use this one:
                                http://www.mediafire.com/?x8dbik80db0vkf2

                                Reply if it worked.
                                  #23992    
                                Old March 12th, 2013 (3:55 PM).
                                karatekid552's Avatar
                                karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                                What happens if I push it?....
                                   
                                  Join Date: Nov 2012
                                  Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Bold
                                  Posts: 1,766
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by iDowngrade View Post
                                  clean roms and non-lunarips-patching required rom hacks
                                  Wow, that is weird. Try patching it with A-ptch or UPS. I have links for both patches on the thread.

                                  And try robin22gongon's link^^^ a new emulator might solve your problem.
                                  __________________

                                  Paired with Simba
                                    #23993    
                                  Old March 12th, 2013 (4:12 PM).
                                  YogiBerra YogiBerra is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Oct 2010
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 48
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
                                    So I would still need to put new events in A-map? Or I just compile it using XSE and it will do its thing automatically?
                                    Well you will need to have a Person Event with the Pidgey overworld sprite that has the script that karatekid552 posted for the random item giving after the battle. As for the weather, a level script that has code such as:
                                    Code:
                                    #dynamic 0x800000
                                    #org @start
                                    random 0x2
                                    compare LASTRESULT 0x0
                                    if 0x1 goto @sunny
                                    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                                    if 0x1 goto @rainy
                                    end
                                    
                                    #org @sunny
                                    setweather 0x1 //sets up the weather "0x1" which is "Sunny weather with clouds in water" in Advance Map
                                    doweather //executes the weather set in the previous line
                                    end
                                    
                                    #org @rainy
                                    setweather 0x3 //sets up the weather "0x3" which is "Rainy weather" in Advance Map
                                    doweather
                                    end
                                    should be placed on each map on which you want the weather to vary. The type of level script should probably be "03 On entering map/not on menu close" I believe, although I have little experience with level scripts, so anyone can feel free to disagree with me on that. Anyway, I hope I could help.
                                      #23994    
                                    Old March 12th, 2013 (4:23 PM).
                                    BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
                                    BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Sep 2012
                                      Age: 20
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Quirky
                                      Posts: 543
                                      Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by YogiBerra View Post
                                      Well you will need to have a Person Event with the Pidgey overworld sprite that has the script that karatekid552 posted for the random item giving after the battle. As for the weather, a level script that has code such as:
                                      Code:
                                      #dynamic 0x800000
                                      #org @start
                                      random 0x2
                                      compare LASTRESULT 0x0
                                      if 0x1 goto @sunny
                                      compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                                      if 0x1 goto @rainy
                                      end
                                      
                                      #org @sunny
                                      setweather 0x1 //sets up the weather "0x1" which is "Sunny weather with clouds in water" in Advance Map
                                      doweather //executes the weather set in the previous line
                                      end
                                      
                                      #org @rainy
                                      setweather 0x3 //sets up the weather "0x3" which is "Rainy weather" in Advance Map
                                      doweather
                                      end
                                      should be placed on each map on which you want the weather to vary. The type of level script should probably be "03 On entering map/not on menu close" I believe, although I have little experience with level scripts, so anyone can feel free to disagree with me on that. Anyway, I hope I could help.
                                      Okay thanks dude. Imma try it later.
                                        #23995    
                                      Old March 12th, 2013 (4:42 PM).
                                      YogiBerra YogiBerra is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Oct 2010
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 48
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
                                        Okay thanks dude. Imma try it later.
                                        You're very welcome. I'll try it out too and see how it works.
                                          #23996    
                                        Old March 12th, 2013 (4:44 PM). Edited March 12th, 2013 by BlackWhiteRobin.
                                        BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
                                        BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Sep 2012
                                          Age: 20
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Nature: Quirky
                                          Posts: 543
                                          Oh, and do I need to implement it for every map?

                                          EDIT: How do I test it? I have been going back and forth from map to map and still sunny.
                                            #23997    
                                          Old March 12th, 2013 (4:58 PM).
                                          YogiBerra YogiBerra is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Oct 2010
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Posts: 48
                                            Yes, you will need to put it on every map you want to have random weather, and I can't think of why it would be doing that. I'll have to test it out myself, but I don't have much time at the moment.
                                              #23998    
                                            Old March 12th, 2013 (4:59 PM).
                                            karatekid552's Avatar
                                            karatekid552 karatekid552 is offline
                                            What happens if I push it?....
                                               
                                              Join Date: Nov 2012
                                              Location: Do you really want to know? Really?
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Bold
                                              Posts: 1,766
                                              Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
                                              Oh, and do I need to implement it for every map?

                                              EDIT: How do I test it? I have been going back and forth from map to map and still sunny.
                                              Yes, you will need to implement it on every map as a level script:

                                              http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191500
                                              __________________

                                              Paired with Simba
                                                #23999    
                                              Old March 12th, 2013 (5:11 PM).
                                              BlackWhiteRobin's Avatar
                                              BlackWhiteRobin BlackWhiteRobin is offline
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Sep 2012
                                                Age: 20
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Quirky
                                                Posts: 543
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
                                                Yes, you will need to implement it on every map as a level script:

                                                http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191500
                                                Can you dumb that down and just tell me which level script command I should use?
                                                  #24000    
                                                Old March 12th, 2013 (5:32 PM).
                                                destinedjagold's Avatar
                                                destinedjagold destinedjagold is online now
                                                Oh Hai Thar~
                                                 
                                                Join Date: May 2007
                                                Location: Philippines
                                                Age: 27
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Careful
                                                Posts: 8,565
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
                                                Can you dump that down and just tell me which level script command I should use?
                                                In my case, I use level script number 3 for my hack SkyLine.
                                                __________________


                                                FC: 0061-1111-6462
                                                TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

                                                Closed Thread

                                                Quick Reply

                                                Join the conversation!

                                                Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                                Sponsored Links
                                                Thread Tools

                                                Posting Rules
                                                You may not post new threads
                                                You may not post replies
                                                You may not post attachments
                                                You may not edit your posts

                                                BB code is On
                                                Smilies are On
                                                [IMG] code is On
                                                HTML code is Off

                                                Forum Jump


                                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:39 PM.