• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Here Be Shiny Dragons

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
In the Black 2 and White 2 Games you were able to gain access to Shiny Dragons for completing certain objectives:

Shiny Gible Black 2 Black Tower
Shiny Dratini White 2 White Treehollow
Shiny Haxorus - Available in both games Nature Preserve unlocked for seeing every Pokémon in the New Unova Dex.

Did you know about these Pokemon?
Did you get or attempt to get them?
What do you think of Shiny Pokémon as in-game rewards? Would you like to see such a feature in future games?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Have the games ever given out a shiny Pokemon as a reward before (Red Gyarados is more of an optional capture and is part of the main storyline)?

I don't think that I was aware of either of them beforehand though

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Have the games ever given out a shiny Pokemon as a reward before (Red Gyarados is more of an optional capture and is part of the main storyline)?

I don't think that I was aware of either of them beforehand though

Whilst the 'Gift' Pokemon in other games (Such as Steven's Beldum in RS) can theoretically be Shiny there have never been Guaranteed Shiny Gift Mons until these games as far as I am aware.

I did not know about these Pokemon until I found out about them online. I have both the Shiny Dratini (Male) and Shiny Haxorus (Female) from my White 2 Cartridge.

Fortuitously the one I could not get (Shiny Gible due to not having Black 2) I found in a Random Encounter in X. :)

Years
I was never able to obtain either as I never attempted Black Tower, but it is at least a nice incentive to want one to compete, because we all want a shiny. Especially a Dragon-type one.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
I tried to get the Dratini at one point, but wasn't successful.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Haven't gotten either of them :')
But i do really like the idea of having a shiny or two for in-game rewards as it's pretty damn hard to find them out in the wild

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years
I have mixed feelings... after all, giving away shinies like this devalues them in the long run, and people who had spent blood sweat and tears trying to get these pokemon shiny prior, I mean you can't help but feel sorry for them...

But on the other hand free shinys!

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I knew about the shiny Gible, and that was one of the driving factors for me to complete the Black Tower. And I received the shiny Haxorus, which was a much less difficult task (although I forgot to nickname it before transferring it to gen 6, oops!). I appreciate when shinies are given out in this manner--some people thought the B2W2 "guaranteed shiny Dragons" would "devalue" other shinies of the same species, but in reality that never happened, thanks to them not being easy to get (and now even more so that lots of time has passed since the release of the games). I honestly think a shiny Pokémon is a justifiable reward for completing something like the Black Tower or White Treehollow (although I feel if something similar to those were to be implemented into a more recent game, the reward would likely be a Mega Stone of some kind).

Years
I knew about them, but I only ever managed to get the Dratini (couldn't get Gible since I never had Black 2, although I'm hoping that'll change soon). I tried to finish my PokeDex so I could get Haxorus, but then X and Y happened so I ended up giving up on it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Bump! Anyone ever get these?

I never completed the dex in the games to be able to get the Haxorus. It's a shame too because now all my Pokemon are transferred to the Bank anyway... so I'll never be able to. :c

Treehollow and Tower on the other hand, never been one for those in-game battle competitions so probably not going to end up getting these! Shame because Haxorus is the only shiny REALLY worth it out of the three, imo.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
I got the Black Haxorus once and the pink Dratini twice and one is now a Dragonite. (I have replayed White 2 several times).

I own Black 2 but am yet to complete the Black Tower. I did find a Shiny female Gible (Now a Garchomp) in X by random encounter.

Back