• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] Advanced text is broken for me

MageSyndrome

MageSyndrome
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 17, 2018
I am interested in ROM hacking and have been messing around with various tools but Advanced Text wont load in any Emerald text and on Fire Red it won't load text from the start and some items in the menu contain text that just shouldn't be there. I think the problem is to do with the program jumping to the wrong spaces in the games memory but I really don't know.

I am running all this on windows 10 and any help or advice would be most appreciated. :)

Years
I'd say checking the .ini files, because sometimes the text files offsets do switch around. With the items, you should just download any item editor and rename the ones that are incorrect.

Hope I helped, Komodo

Back