ROM Hacking Help Need a helping hand? You can get help on any ROM Hacking-related problems or questions you have here.

Closed Thread

Old March 29th, 2013 (8:46 AM).
Quitting cuz i got a job

Nature: Sassy
    Has there been a hack for FireRed/LeafGreen containing Secret Bases?
    Old March 29th, 2013 (10:11 AM).
    What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by TweenyTodd View Post
      Has there been a hack for FireRed/LeafGreen containing Secret Bases?
      Not that I know of.... I do know that shinyquagsire is attempting to make a remake of Ruby on FireRed, however he is nowhere near the point of adding in all of the little side features like Secret Bases.

Paired with Simba
      Old March 29th, 2013 (5:19 PM).
      Meowna Fan

Nature: Jolly
      I copied the four map scripts from a Secret Base to my map as suggested. (Thanks karatekid552) However, instead of getting a "Do you want to make your secret base here?" upon entering, it displayed glitchy text that looped endlessly. I deleted the third Secret Base script and successfully got rid of that. But my original problem of decorations disappearing and reappearing still occurred. If I need that third Secret Base map script to fix it, I can easily copy it back. I don't know why it gives me glitchy text instead of the normal prompt though I suspect it has something to do with not being able to modify certain map script offsets, only the second offset. When I opened that particular script in XSE, it looks like this:

#org 0x1A2EF8
      setvar 0x8004 0x0
      setvar 0x8005 0x0
      special 0x12
      setvar 0x4089 0x1
      end

I don't know which variable sets up the prompt, so I don't know how I would edit it without screwing up it's purpose. That is, if these map scripts can fix my problem.
      Attached Images
      File Type: png Pokemon Sapphire.png‎ (2.4 KB, 7 views) (Save to Dropbox)
      Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
      Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

Hacks I've worked on in the past:
      Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline (pre-reboot) - Assisted with maps
      Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
      Times I've ninja'd people: 3
      Old March 29th, 2013 (5:43 PM).
      Everyone currently in an argument with this member: I really suggest you stop.

Scripting commands lightenroom and darkenroom (used in Brawly's Gym) don't work in FR.

Any way I could add them in?
      Old March 29th, 2013 (7:19 PM).

Quick question about Gen II hacking. I'm a beginning hacker and making one of Pokemon Silver, but the one thing that really annoys me is that TR executives don't play the traditional TR battle theme. How would I go about changing that?
        Old March 29th, 2013 (11:27 PM). Edited March 30th, 2013 by bwrobin.

Nature: Quirky
          I have another three questions.

1) How did Liquid Crystal got rid of the help system?

2) Is there a way to make an animated bootscreen?

3) I'm making a hack where you start in one map, five oddly colored tiles. Each one can transport you to one village. Like if you want to start in Fire village, step on the red tile blah.. blah.. blah.. etc. When you get transferred, you're warped on one of the five players room. So basically there will be five house, okay? Then, when you choose one, I want the other four to lock up, forever. How do I do that?
          Here's a pic:
          Spoiler:

@karatekid552
          About the Lookup thing, how do I do that?

It just says 03 03

EDIT: Fixed it. Turns out I should have used 0x3005542. That's what it says in WesleyFG's Tut.
          http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=260348
          Old March 30th, 2013 (3:36 AM). Edited March 30th, 2013 by karatekid552.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
            I copied the four map scripts from a Secret Base to my map as suggested. (Thanks karatekid552) However, instead of getting a "Do you want to make your secret base here?" upon entering, it displayed glitchy text that looped endlessly. I deleted the third Secret Base script and successfully got rid of that. But my original problem of decorations disappearing and reappearing still occurred. If I need that third Secret Base map script to fix it, I can easily copy it back. I don't know why it gives me glitchy text instead of the normal prompt though I suspect it has something to do with not being able to modify certain map script offsets, only the second offset. When I opened that particular script in XSE, it looks like this:

#org 0x1A2EF8
            setvar 0x8004 0x0
            setvar 0x8005 0x0
            special 0x12
            setvar 0x4089 0x1
            end

I don't know which variable sets up the prompt, so I don't know how I would edit it without screwing up it's purpose. That is, if these map scripts can fix my problem.
            When I meant third, I meant third from 0, as in Map Script #2.... I think, lol, I don't have it open in front of me. Make sure you copy of all of the settings as best as you can and open every script. It will be plainly obvious which one has the text in it.

Also, if this still gives you problems, I just thought of something: the tile that you click on to create a Secret Base outside of the secret base itself. The little square in the wall. That might set some vars and such as well. Look up a behavior byte tutorial and find out where its script would be located and take a look at it.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
            I have another three questions.

1) How did Liquid Crystal got rid of the help system?

2) Is there a way to make an animated bootscreen?

3) I'm making a hack where you start in one map, five oddly colored tiles. Each one can transport you to one village. Like if you want to start in Fire village, step on the red tile blah.. blah.. blah.. etc. When you get transferred, you're warped on one of the five players room. So basically there will be five house, okay? Then, when you choose one, I want the other four to lock up, forever. How do I do that?
            Here's a pic:
            Spoiler:
            1) No clue, though it was probably noping some commands.

2) Well, anything is possible, the only problem is creating an ASM routine to run your animation. At one point, Darthatron created one for the titlescreen (which can be seen in Liquid Crystal) but I don't think a bootscreen one has been done.

3) Use a var. Choose a var and when the player warps set it to the house number (1-5) then create 5 similar scripts, one for each house, that only allow you to pass through the door if the var equals the number of the house. You could also have a checkflag before it to create a manual override so that all of the houses can become unlocked at some point in the game, if you choose.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by hinkage View Post
            Scripting commands lightenroom and darkenroom (used in Brawly's Gym) don't work in FR.

Any way I could add them in?
            There are several commands which do absolutely nothing, as in just returning you to the script in which it was called. This could have happened to those commands since they weren't needed. Essentially, you would need to restore their old ASM routines if that is the case. I know nothing more.

Paired with Simba
            Old March 30th, 2013 (3:58 AM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
              Use a var. Choose a var and when the player warps set it to the house number (1-5) then create 5 similar scripts, one for each house, that only allow you to pass through the door if the var equals the number of the house. You could also have a checkflag before it to create a manual override so that all of the houses can become unlocked at some point in the game, if you choose.
              Sorry for the noobish question and being a disturbance, I haven't mastered vars yet and I'm more of like exam now lesson later type so...... Ummmm...... Sample?
              Old March 30th, 2013 (4:18 AM).

Quote:
                Sorry for the noobish question and being a disturbance, I haven't mastered vars yet and I'm more of like exam now lesson later type so...... Ummmm...... Sample?
                All you will need is setvar and compare.

When you step on a tile, have this:

setvar 0x[Var: see var list for a good one] 0x[House number]

Then, put an invisible person or a tile in front of every house for which the script contains:

checkflag 0x[Override] 'in case you want on override flag
                if 0x1 goto @this_house_is_unlocked
                compare 0x[Var we picked earlier] 0x[House number of this house]
                if 0x0 goto @this_house_is_locked

I think you can figure the rest out.

Paired with Simba
                Old March 30th, 2013 (4:51 AM). Edited March 30th, 2013 by bwrobin.

Quote:
                  All you will need is setvar and compare.

When you step on a tile, have this:

setvar 0x[Var: see var list for a good one] 0x[House number]

Then, put an invisible person or a tile in front of every house for which the script contains:

checkflag 0x[Override] 'in case you want on override flag
                  compare 0x[Var we picked earlier] 0x[House number of this house]
                  if 0x0 goto @this_house_is_locked

I think you can figure the rest out.
                  Okay, I'll figure the rest out.

Everyone! Anybody except karatekid552, does any of you have a var list? The one used in scripts!?
                  I can't find a var list in diegoisawesome and tajaros' scripting thread!

Also, what command in A-map do I use for a random weather?
                  Here's the script:
                  Spoiler:
                  Code:
                  '---------------
                  #org 0x80008A
                  random 0xA
                  compare LASTRESULT 0x0
                  if 0x1 goto 0x88000FC
                  compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                  if 0x1 goto 0x8800102
                  compare LASTRESULT 0x2
                  if 0x1 goto 0x8800108
                  compare LASTRESULT 0x3
                  if 0x1 goto 0x880010E
                  compare LASTRESULT 0x4
                  if 0x1 goto 0x8800114
                  compare LASTRESULT 0x5
                  if 0x1 goto 0x880011A
                  compare LASTRESULT 0x6
                  if 0x1 goto 0x8800120
                  compare LASTRESULT 0x7
                  if 0x1 goto 0x8800126
                  compare LASTRESULT 0x8
                  if 0x1 goto 0x880012C
                  compare LASTRESULT 0x9
                  if 0x1 goto 0x8800132
                  '---------------
                  #org 0x8000FC
                  setweather 0x1
                  doweather
                  end

'---------------
                  #org 0x800102
                  setweather 0x2
                  doweather
                  end

'---------------
                  #org 0x800108
                  setweather 0x3
                  doweather
                  end

'---------------
                  #org 0x80010E
                  setweather 0x4
                  doweather
                  end

'---------------
                  #org 0x800114
                  setweather 0x5
                  doweather
                  end

'---------------
                  #org 0x80011A
                  setweather 0x7
                  doweather
                  end

'---------------
                  #org 0x800120
                  setweather 0xB
                  doweather
                  end

'---------------
                  #org 0x800126
                  setweather 0xD
                  doweather
                  end

'---------------
                  #org 0x80012C
                  setweather 0x2
                  doweather
                  end

'---------------
                  #org 0x800132
                  setweather 0xB
                  doweather
                  end
                  Old March 30th, 2013 (6:56 AM).
                  Meowna Fan

Quote:
                  When I meant third, I meant third from 0, as in Map Script #2.... I think, lol, I don't have it open in front of me. Make sure you copy of all of the settings as best as you can and open every script. It will be plainly obvious which one has the text in it.

Also, if this still gives you problems, I just thought of something: the tile that you click on to create a Secret Base outside of the secret base itself. The little square in the wall. That might set some vars and such as well. Look up a behavior byte tutorial and find out where its script would be located and take a look at it.
                  That's what I meant too. Map Script #2. (Or #4 in this case since the room map already started with 2 scripts.)

Anyways, those titles are accompanied by sign events made for Secret Bases, so I'm thinking I should relocate the map to the Secret Base header. Now, should I simply edit an existing map to recreate this map, giving it a different map number like 25.0, or should I replace a Secret Base map, keeping the map number as 1.1?
                  Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.
                  Animal Crossing Wild World playing as an animal - experimental, messing with models and textures

Pokemon HeartGold Prince Boo Edition - Experimental project with three small changes. Made at the request of YouTube LPer PrinceBoo21.

Been super busy with work, life, and laptop problems. Hopefully I can get back into it soon, I fear I'm already rusty. Meanwhile I'm considering writing some of my hacks as a series of fanfics.

Old March 30th, 2013 (7:04 AM).
                  The Master of Pokemon Breeding

Nature: Gentle
                  Could someone list me all the DS hacks that were made on this site? You see I want to add DS hacks to my flash drive and I can't add GBA as it only support DS games. But it could take me hours even days to find all the hacks on here that are hacked from DS titles.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
                  Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=231549&ref=61528
                  Get a Free PS3, this is no joke: http://www.YourPS34free.com/index.php?ref=5580831
                  Old March 30th, 2013 (8:57 AM). Edited March 30th, 2013 by karatekid552.

Quote:
                    Okay, I'll figure the rest out.

Everyone! Anybody except karatekid552, does any of you have a var list? The one used in scripts!?
                    I can't find a var list in diegoisawesome and tajaros' scripting thread!

Also, what command in A-map do I use for a random weather?
                    Here's the script:
                    Spoiler:
                    Code:
                    '---------------
                    #org 0x80008A
                    random 0xA
                    compare LASTRESULT 0x0
                    if 0x1 goto 0x88000FC
                    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
                    if 0x1 goto 0x8800102
                    compare LASTRESULT 0x2
                    if 0x1 goto 0x8800108
                    compare LASTRESULT 0x3
                    if 0x1 goto 0x880010E
                    compare LASTRESULT 0x4
                    if 0x1 goto 0x8800114
                    compare LASTRESULT 0x5
                    if 0x1 goto 0x880011A
                    compare LASTRESULT 0x6
                    if 0x1 goto 0x8800120
                    compare LASTRESULT 0x7
                    if 0x1 goto 0x8800126
                    compare LASTRESULT 0x8
                    if 0x1 goto 0x880012C
                    compare LASTRESULT 0x9
                    if 0x1 goto 0x8800132
                    '---------------
                    #org 0x8000FC
                    setweather 0x1
                    doweather
                    end

'---------------
                    #org 0x800102
                    setweather 0x2
                    doweather
                    end

'---------------
                    #org 0x800108
                    setweather 0x3
                    doweather
                    end

'---------------
                    #org 0x80010E
                    setweather 0x4
                    doweather
                    end

'---------------
                    #org 0x800114
                    setweather 0x5
                    doweather
                    end

'---------------
                    #org 0x80011A
                    setweather 0x7
                    doweather
                    end

'---------------
                    #org 0x800120
                    setweather 0xB
                    doweather
                    end

'---------------
                    #org 0x800126
                    setweather 0xD
                    doweather
                    end

'---------------
                    #org 0x80012C
                    setweather 0x2
                    doweather
                    end

'---------------
                    #org 0x800132
                    setweather 0xB
                    doweather
                    end
                    I meant DavidJCobb's posts which listed the function of a every var.

And for your script, I would try 05 and if that doesn't work, 02.

Quote:
                    That's what I meant too. Map Script #2. (Or #4 in this case since the room map already started with 2 scripts.)

Anyways, those titles are accompanied by sign events made for Secret Bases, so I'm thinking I should relocate the map to the Secret Base header. Now, should I simply edit an existing map to recreate this map, giving it a different map number like 25.0, or should I replace a Secret Base map, keeping the map number as 1.1?
                    Yes, I would just replace a Secret Base and keep the map in the Secret Base header. That would work best.

Paired with Simba
                    Old March 30th, 2013 (11:24 AM).
                    Meowna Fan

Quote:
                    Yes, I would just replace a Secret Base and keep the map in the Secret Base header. That would work best.
                    It worked! I gave the staircase the tile effect of an open cliff Secret Base entrance while I was at it. Didn't even need a signpost event to go with it. Everything works EXACTLY as planned! No "Would you like to make your Secret Base here?" text, no " 's BASE" area text, no need to register the place as a base, the decorations still remain there when I leave and come back, even the pack up option simply puts away the decorations without losing ownership of the place!

Just one pestering little harmless glitch I'd still like fixed if possible. The decorations still look glitchy when in the middle of placing them. Still looks fine afterward though. That's the last thing wrong with the place. If that can be fixed, this decorator-able basement will be flawless and I can start editing the decorations into better furniture!

Old March 30th, 2013 (11:31 AM).

Quote:
                      It worked! I gave the staircase the tile effect of an open cliff Secret Base entrance while I was at it. Didn't even need a signpost event to go with it. Everything works EXACTLY as planned! No "Would you like to make your Secret Base here?" text, no " 's BASE" area text, no need to register the place as a base, the decorations still remain there when I leave and come back, even the pack up option simply puts away the decorations without losing ownership of the place!

Just one pestering little harmless glitch I'd still like fixed if possible. The decorations still look glitchy when in the middle of placing them. Still looks fine afterward though. That's the last thing wrong with the place. If that can be fixed, this decorator-able basement will be flawless and I can start editing the decorations into better furniture!
                      That one perplexes me. I assume that the script which uses cmdA6 was inserted properly, right? Also, is it all decorations, or just the tile ones?

Paired with Simba
                      Old March 30th, 2013 (12:17 PM).
                      Meowna Fan

Quote:
                      That one perplexes me. I assume that the script which uses cmdA6 was inserted properly, right? Also, is it all decorations, or just the tile ones?
                      Just the tile ones. Plushies and cushions work fine. I didn't mess with any scripts since the needed ones came with the the Secret Base map I edited.

Old March 30th, 2013 (12:22 PM).

Quote:
                        Just the tile ones. Plushies and cushions work fine. I didn't mess with any scripts since the needed ones came with the the Secret Base map I edited.
                        That is what I thought. I believe it has something to do with cmdA6.... What happens when you remove that script? (Back-up please)

Paired with Simba
                        Old March 30th, 2013 (1:38 PM).
                        Meowna Fan

Quote:
                        That is what I thought. I believe it has something to do with cmdA6.... What happens when you remove that script? (Back-up please)
                        Right...where is that script exactly?

Old March 30th, 2013 (4:04 PM).

Quote:
                          Right...where is that script exactly?
                          It is in one of the map scripts.

Paired with Simba
                          Old March 30th, 2013 (5:10 PM).

Hey guys, 1 question.

This clean FR rom, I inserted a bigger bootscreen and repointed it. There's nothing wrong with the bootscreen though, it works really fine!
                            BUT! When I played through the game, the LR Buttons which bring up the Help System doesn't work no more! I checked the options and its in and button mode is HELP. When you open the Start Menu, the blue thing at the bottom is there but the help screen doesn't come up.

It really isn't a problem for me actually I'm glad it's gone but I'm just curious why?

Does this happen to you when you insert a larger bootscreen?
                            Old March 30th, 2013 (5:29 PM).

Quote:
                              Hey guys, 1 question.

This clean FR rom, I inserted a bigger bootscreen and repointed it. There's nothing wrong with the bootscreen though, it works really fine!
                              BUT! When I played through the game, the LR Buttons which bring up the Help System doesn't work no more! I checked the options and its in and button mode is HELP. When you open the Start Menu, the blue thing at the bottom is there but the help screen doesn't come up.

It really isn't a problem for me actually I'm glad it's gone but I'm just curious why?

Does this happen to you when you insert a larger bootscreen?
                              Weren't you just asking how to remove the help? Lol, I would give it another try. Make sure that the help system works on the clean rom, insert the bootscreen, and see if it still works. It could be a really neat find.

Paired with Simba
                              Old March 30th, 2013 (5:38 PM). Edited April 28th, 2013 by bwrobin.

Quote:
                                Weren't you just asking how to remove the help? Lol, I would give it another try. Make sure that the help system works on the clean rom, insert the bootscreen, and see if it still works. It could be a really neat find.
                                Yep tried it on a clean rom, inserted a tileset worth 2056 bytes and help system got ditched. And yeah it works on a clean FR Rom.

Here's what I did. Download the attachments and apply it to a clean FR rom.

Scripting question again. A sample starter script that doesn't involve the rival. All I can manage to do is the "Do you like Bulabasaur? No. Do you like Squirtle? No. Do you like Charmander? Yes. Here you go. I'm only allowed to give you 1 Pokemon." That.
                                Old March 30th, 2013 (6:03 PM). Edited March 30th, 2013 by karatekid552.

Quote:
                                  Yep tried it on a clean rom, inserted a tileset worth 2056 bytes and help system got ditched. And yeah it works on a clean FR Rom.

Here's what I did. Download the attachments and apply it to a clean FR rom.

Scripting question again. A sample starter script that doesn't involve the rival. All I can manage to do is the "Do you like Bulabasaur? No. Do you like Squirtle? No. Do you like Charmander? Yes. Here you go. I'm only allowed to give you 1 Pokemon." That.
                                  Well, you could create a multichoice box and use that, or do something simillar to the five houses where there are 3 balls you pick up one and it shows you the starter. You can say no and look at another one, but as soon as you say yes, it sets the var so that you can't see the other ones and it gives you the pokemon.

Edit: I looked at your patch, and this was not just a bootscreen insert. You also removed the titlescreen and intro. Those could deffinately have had something to do with it.

Paired with Simba
                                  Old March 30th, 2013 (6:59 PM).

Oh yeah! Just remembered! That should be it! Sorry.
                                    Maybe the HELP System loads from the titlescreen and without the titlescreen, it would not load. Sorry for the inconvenience.

About the script:
                                    Okay thanks!
                                    Old March 30th, 2013 (8:28 PM).
                                    Meowna Fan

Found it. Deleting it didn't seem to have any kind of effect though.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply