• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I've used some of your tools I've found off some sites, they're very helpful! =D
You've done very well with these, lol. ^^

Thx ^^
Anyway don't download elsewhere my tools: only here you will always find the most updated versions!

your tools are uber sweet:)

Thank you too :)

I was having a problem however with your Overworld Editor. When I load a Fire Red or Leaf Green Rom it works fine. Its when I load in a Ruby or Sapphire rom, this comes up

"Error 63 (Bad Record number) in procedure LoadSpriteStructer of frmOverworldEditor"

It seems like you're not using the version 0 of the ROM... To check the version you can use my RHEA

TO ALL: BIG UPDATE! Check the first post for further info!

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Finaly the other people can use the new versions too... no secrets anymore ! :P
Ok, now, let's improve them more ! :D

magnetflygon

Begginner Rom Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • US
  • Seen May 3, 2009
I have a slight problem with the Overworld editor, whenever I try to open a ruby or sapphire rom it gives me an error which says "Error 63 (Bad Record Number) in procedure LoadSpriteStructure of frmOverworldEditor". I don't think it has had this problem before recently.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I have a slight problem with the Overworld editor, whenever I try to open a ruby or sapphire rom it gives me an error which says "Error 63 (Bad Record Number) in procedure LoadSpriteStructure of frmOverworldEditor".

I'm sure that you aren't using the version 1.0 of the ROMs, probably you have v1.1 or 1.2 instead. To solve the problem you can do the following:

• use the version 1.0 of the ROM. To check the version you can use RHEA;
    -or-
  • replace the offsets contained in the "Sprites.ini" file with the appropriate ones for v1.1/1.2.

P.S. This error happens only with English ROMs. Versions 1.1/1.2 in other languages have the same offsets and therefore they will work fine.

Last edited:

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
What was the big update? I don't really see a difference. Sorry if I'm being a n00b here. : P
WTF - -'
You sure didn't download APE the first time..

Andrea worked the most on APE, in the other tools there's no real (visual) change but a lot of bug fixes !
Just check out the comments under "Latest version" to see what changed.. !

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
UPDATE
Fixed a bug on A-Stater that occurred when saving.

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2009
Still got the bug but I get several run time errors from every elitemap program so I'm maybe missing a file?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Still got the bug but I get several run time errors from every elitemap program so I'm maybe missing a file?

That's weird o_O
I've just tried the latest version of A-Stater and it works fine.
Are you sure that you're using the newest one?
If so, could you give me a detailed bug report? With all the steps you did.

Talking about EM, that's not the right place to ask. Use the "Simple Questions" thread instead.

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2009
Well everything worked just perfect earlier today then it just stopped to work O.o So did EM so there must be a connection between them :/

bxela1

Jirachi's number 1 fan
Years
how exactly does SMCA work?

When I tried to remove the truck, you start in your room, but the screen still shakes and your rival lives in the same house as you.

If you choose a boy, MAY's sprite becomes a boy and she lives in your house and vice versa.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
how exactly does SMCA work?

When I tried to remove the truck, you start in your room, but the screen still shakes and your rival lives in the same house as you.

If you choose a boy, MAY's sprite becomes a boy and she lives in your house and vice versa.

I think that the Readme is enough, isn't it?

Anyway, all hacking tools should not be used in a slapdash way, otherwhise you could have serious problem.

Regarding SMCA, I never told anyone that can fully remove the truck. I'm still working on that...
Also keep in mind that if you change the starting location, all the starting script have to be rewritten in the new place, of course. And you can't pretend that SMCA will do that for you.

Dark Empoleon

Armored Emperor Penguin
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 8, 2012
I read the readme for the overworld editor and I didnt see anything about making a custom pallet, is there a way to make a custom pallet in overworld editor?

GWXCORE

Protector of the Core
Years
your the man hackmew. i'm using A-starter,advance map, and advance text! your starter program made it alot easier. just posting to say good job

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I read the readme for the overworld editor and I didnt see anything about making a custom pallet, is there a way to make a custom pallet in overworld editor?

I think APE is just a way better to make custom palettes. Anyway, when importing some bitmaps with Oveworld Editor, you can import just the palette.

your the man hackmew. i'm using A-starter,advance map, and advance text! your starter program made it alot easier. just posting to say good job

You're welcome and thx for the feeback. Try the other tools, if you want :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2023
VB Source Code

Yes, I just started back up with hacking again. Looking for some tools I found this page. All of these programs are well developed. I'm converting one of the files to fit VB 2005 Express Edition and I will check out the source code. Great job on these, the style and placement of everything makes it a VERY fun program to use.

Darkrai64

Pokemon expert trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2009
Thanks! But can someone please tell me where I can download cycloneprototype!!!!!!!?????????/

Back