• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) Discussion Thread 2013

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Smash 4 is what I'm particularly excited for. I'm more than content with a Wii U, a 3DS and a Vita this gen, and I know they'll all get good games eventually. (3DS already did) I doubt I'll get an Xbone or PS4, but hey, it's E3 today, so I might change my mind as soon as tomorrow. A new Naughty Dog game could get me to buy a PS4, if it looks appealing to me.

EDIT: 3 hours and a half until Microsoft's conference!

I thiiiiiiink they're only going to show brief screenshots of the new smash bros game, according to a Nintendo direct sometime ago. Unless I'm missing something here.

...I've been thinking about this a lot, but, if Microsoft actually pulls through with their presentation, maybe my mind will be changed about the Xbox One? Of course, it depends on what video games are going to be available for the Xbox One, and for the PS4 for that matter, but, I guess we'll just have to see.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Smash 4 was confirmed to get a trailer by none other than Sakurai himself.

If you're talking about The Last Of Us which is getting a lot of hype at the moment, it's a PS3 game.
Not Last of Us, a new game, preferably a new IP. The Uncharted 3 team probably got something cooking for PS4. We'll see.

Zet

Years
Yeah I won't be watching the Sony conference since they'll most likely ignore the Vita as usual (for the love of god sony give me a reason to play this damn thing) and I really don't care about the PS4 or Sony's current franchises to stay up late for them.

In it for Microsoft and Nintendo though. It's gonna take way more than Halo to get my and others attentions this time, Microsoft. So it should be interesting to see what they're cooking. I've already got a Wii U and that thing needs games.
If they're showing off the PS4, you can bet they'll be showing off the Vita as well.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Sure sure, but will they show off the Vita games? :P That's what I'm interested in.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Starting off with MGSV, smart move.

I thought it was only an Sony exclusive though. Hm.

Nothing has stood out to me so far and Ryse looks... awful. It just looks like a quick time version of Total War.​

For the game, I don't think you'd have to rely solely on QTE's. They were probably just constantly using QTE's to show off their animations. But, eh, I have mixed feelings about the game myself, but, I thought it looked cool~

EDIT: I really like Sunset Overdrive; it reminds me of Borderlands!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
EDIT: I really like Sunset Overdrive; it reminds me of Borderlands!
wuh wuh wuh? 8D

Oh, it's exclusive to Xbox One. I'm never getting that, not after reading about some of the questionable policies. :(

I'm especially looking forward to Smash 4 news. It may tempt me to get a WiiU (besides Sonic Lost World). :P

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I died when the sound cut off when Crimson Dragon had a sound glitch. Looks like the next generation is here. Also, I am sick of SmartGlass already and I haven't even used it, and while I'm not against second screens on video game consoles, It doesn't look very well done.

Just give me Sony and Nintendo's new games and I'll be happy.

Years
Sunset Overdrive looks like Borderlands crossed with Jet Set Radio, not sure if I like the look of it.

The 360 preservation is looking good and I'm looking forward to playing Halo 3 again when it's on offer for free.

The games for the One have been largely hit and miss, but the console itself and its policies are looking a lot better than they did originally. I suspect games will be largely the same on PS4 anyway minus Forza.

Crimson Dragon's lack of music just made a hilariously bad game look worse.

Expect mass editing for BF4.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
I must say, Microsoft has impressed me with with the games, but im still not happy about the kinect and used game crap..

How the hell will people be able to afford $500

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
BAHAHAHA 500$.

Also the Dead Rising 3 gameplay was disgusting. Way to kill what made the last two titles different from other zombie games, which are colors and personality. This main character makes Chuck Greene look fun, and that guy was super serious next to Frank West

Best thing about this conference, aside from MGS5 looking soo good, was Halo 5 being 60fps. Everything else was boring or borderline crap. I love how Insomniac did not learn from FUSE at all.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'm surprised that none of you guys mentioned the return of Killer Instinct, nor are you excited about it. I guess people really did lose confidence in Rare's games ever since Nuts 'n' Bolts.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I was actually surprised to see Killer Instinct make a return (and the lack of Call of Doggy) . I was expecting Banjo-Kinectie or something like that...

Anyway, $499...this means the PS4 is probably going to be more horrifyingly expensive and the Wii U's price suddenly seems justified. Overall, games/10.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Anyway, $499...this means the PS4 is probably going to be more horrifyingly expensive and the Wii U's price suddenly seems justified. Overall, games/10.

Then again, maybe if Sony markets their PS4 price at about $399 or so, they could gain the spotlight and steal the show from here.

Well, I'm not an marketing expert, so, I guess we'll see what they'll do.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
OK, yeah, I admit, I forgot about Killer Instincts, and the fighter fan in me makes me interested in it. But I can't help but think it was boring? I don't know. Just was not appealing at all. I just don't trust Rare anymore into making a proper fighter.

Did anyone else laugh at the "DEATH OF A.I, MAKE IT MORE HUMAN" speech? Gold stuff.

They pretty much gave Sony the win here. Unless they screw up too, which is still possible. We'll see. That conference just made the PS4 look all the more appealing to me and I did not even like the PS3.

Back