The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacking Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Tool Spiky's DS Map Editor (NOW OPEN-SOURCE)

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #401    
Old April 4th, 2013 (5:56 PM).
Pokewiz000's Avatar
Pokewiz000 Pokewiz000 is offline
Chinese Translator / Hacker
     
    Join Date: Aug 2011
    Location: China
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 10
    Hi, Spiky!
    Can you give me your e-mail by Messages?
    I want to send Chinese translation to you .
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #402    
    Old April 9th, 2013 (9:06 PM). Edited April 10th, 2013 by giradialkia.
    VERGUNDAI's Avatar
    VERGUNDAI VERGUNDAI is offline
    RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker
       
      Join Date: Dec 2009
      Location: Pokemon Universe :)
      Age: 21
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Quiet
      Posts: 109
      This might stir up new ideas for People around the world I think?

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUcEL2BWNl8

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by WeavileCY View Post
      Wow, thanks a lot! :) If it downloads successfully then I will try and make a Pokemon Emerald remake for DS! I love game editing! I will be sure to try and make it as authentic as possible - detail is key! I have a two week holiday to kill and I think that this will be a fun challenge, thanks Spikey!
      Since, I'm making BlazeRuby, and Team Fail is making AquaSapphire, you add-on is awesome, most of us all mikelan98 is making the Magma Ruby and Sapphire Aqua in his version.

      I'm releasing the demo, after I make my video, and I still need some script files from Team Fail.
      Plus, Spiky's doing a great job, atm all we need is building bug fixed....
      __________________
      Vergundai_ace_gailon
      Reply With Quote
        #403    
      Old April 10th, 2013 (12:59 PM).
      Pike15's Avatar
      Pike15 Pike15 is offline
         
        Join Date: Apr 2012
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 168
        So when could we expect a demo??
        __________________
        This signature has been disabled.
        Exceeding 350px height limit
        Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

        You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

        Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
        Reply With Quote
          #404    
        Old April 10th, 2013 (1:46 PM).
        Platinum Lucario's Avatar
        Platinum Lucario Platinum Lucario is offline
        The Legendary Master of <font color="#D8D48C">Light</font>!
         
        Join Date: Jan 2008
        Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
        Age: 25
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Calm
        Posts: 1,564
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Pike15 View Post
        So when could we expect a demo??
        When it arrives. There's absolutely no telling when it will be, after all... I'm sure it's going to be amazing. It could be anytime in the future, I'm sure it's going amazing. ^^

        I'm looking forward to researching many of it's script data and seeing how it works and stuff like that, and surely even if we already have PPTXT, we'll be seeing a text editor as well in which can add in new strings. ;)
        __________________
        [Platinum Lucario's Signature]
        If you need to disable my signature, please give me some advice on how to improve the CSS-DIV code. Thanks!
        Signature Status: Strikes: 1/3 | Infractions: 0/3
        It's time to change the future...
        to a positive direction!

        Let's prevent things from getting bad!

        I'm a ROM and ISO Researcher
        Current Project: Researching Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Adventure Squad games (WiiWare)
        Reply With Quote
          #405    
        Old April 11th, 2013 (9:00 PM).
        Watz's Avatar
        Watz Watz is offline
           
          Join Date: Apr 2013
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 3
          I'm having problems to make the program work. After editing some trainers and saved the rom I was unable to play it. I realized that the size of the .nds original was 131,072 kb and the moded 123,927 kb. Then I tested something, I opened sdsme, open rom, then without doing anything, save rom, and again the size is 123,927 kb, and I was again unable to play it even though i changed nothing to that rom. So the problem is: when I save the rom it stops working. I was using Heart Gold if it helps.
          Reply With Quote
            #406    
          Old April 12th, 2013 (9:41 AM).
          Spiky-Eared Pichu's Avatar
          Spiky-Eared Pichu Spiky-Eared Pichu is offline
          NDS Hacker/Researcher
             
            Join Date: Apr 2010
            Posts: 257
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Watz View Post
            I'm having problems to make the program work. After editing some trainers and saved the rom I was unable to play it. I realized that the size of the .nds original was 131,072 kb and the moded 123,927 kb. Then I tested something, I opened sdsme, open rom, then without doing anything, save rom, and again the size is 123,927 kb, and I was again unable to play it even though i changed nothing to that rom. So the problem is: when I save the rom it stops working. I was using Heart Gold if it helps.
            The size change is completely normal, ndstool trims dummy data automatically. However, if the game really gets stuck in a white screen before the Gamefreak logo, I think you got a faulty ROM. SDSME decompresses the arm9 from HGSS but doesn't compress it again because it's not necessary, so it's also normal for the game to load a bit slower. Wait for about 15 seconds, and if it still doesn't do anything, try with another ROM.

            By the way, today I managed to break through the Gen V text encryption system. While PPTXT is able to edit Gen V texts and is open source, it uses a workaround for encryption, hence why it can't add new strings to text files. However, by comparing encrypted data and temporal keys I found out the encryption system is based on an arithmetic progression (pretty simple). Get ready for full text editing in SDSME! :)
            __________________
            "Hacking has no limits. Don't try anything, DO IT!"

            Jump into DS hacking with SDSME!


            Beta 2 available!!


            Reply With Quote
              #407    
            Old April 12th, 2013 (4:06 PM).
            Watz's Avatar
            Watz Watz is offline
               
              Join Date: Apr 2013
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 3
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Spiky-Eared Pichu View Post
              The size change is completely normal, ndstool trims dummy data automatically. However, if the game really gets stuck in a white screen before the Gamefreak logo, I think you got a faulty ROM. SDSME decompresses the arm9 from HGSS but doesn't compress it again because it's not necessary, so it's also normal for the game to load a bit slower. Wait for about 15 seconds, and if it still doesn't do anything, try with another ROM.
              I tried with two differents EUR roms and one US and nothing. It gets stuck on the "now loading" menu of the flashcard, I waited over 10 minutes doing something else while loading. It's a problem of the flashcard or should I try with more differents roms?
              Reply With Quote
                #408    
              Old April 12th, 2013 (4:18 PM).
              Wesley FG's Avatar
              Wesley FG Wesley FG is offline
              Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2008
                Location: Brazil
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Modest
                Posts: 338
                A silly question but I am not able to do in any way, as I rotate the buildings in 3d? I just get closer and stay away, but I can not as the video rotate the object.

                PS: NICE TOOL
                __________________
                Kalos Demake Soon!!
                Reply With Quote
                  #409    
                Old April 13th, 2013 (2:19 AM).
                Spiky-Eared Pichu's Avatar
                Spiky-Eared Pichu Spiky-Eared Pichu is offline
                NDS Hacker/Researcher
                   
                  Join Date: Apr 2010
                  Posts: 257
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Watz View Post
                  I tried with two differents EUR roms and one US and nothing. It gets stuck on the "now loading" menu of the flashcard, I waited over 10 minutes doing something else while loading. It's a problem of the flashcard or should I try with more differents roms?
                  Sounds like a problem with the flashcart. If it were the ROM, it would get stuck after loading it, not while it loads. Also, if it works on an emulator but not in your flashcart, then I'm sure it's your flashcart.
                  __________________
                  "Hacking has no limits. Don't try anything, DO IT!"

                  Jump into DS hacking with SDSME!


                  Beta 2 available!!


                  Reply With Quote
                    #410    
                  Old April 13th, 2013 (12:38 PM).
                  Watz's Avatar
                  Watz Watz is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Apr 2013
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 3
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Spiky-Eared Pichu View Post
                    Sounds like a problem with the flashcart. If it were the ROM, it would get stuck after loading it, not while it loads. Also, if it works on an emulator but not in your flashcart, then I'm sure it's your flashcart.
                    Yep, it works on an emulator, so it's the flashcart problem, too bad since I prefer playing in the NDS than in the computer.
                    Reply With Quote
                      #411    
                    Old April 15th, 2013 (3:47 AM).
                    Maleficusu Maleficusu is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Apr 2013
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 1
                      I'm feeling very behind the curve here but I want to learn how to use the map editor so I can start building new maps from scratch. Is there an actual tutorial on how to use the editor? When I open the rom I see all the amazing options to change scripts, etc etc, however I don't know what script belongs to who and I don't understand how to add and modify the map. (It does look similar to adv map from gen 3 however so that's a plus)

                      Thanks in advance.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #412    
                      Old April 15th, 2013 (4:11 AM).
                      8hachi8's Avatar
                      8hachi8 8hachi8 is offline
                      The Phantom Trainer :P
                         
                        Join Date: Apr 2013
                        Location: Greece
                        Age: 18
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Relaxed
                        Posts: 6
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Maleficusu View Post
                        I'm feeling very behind the curve here but I want to learn how to use the map editor so I can start building new maps from scratch. Is there an actual tutorial on how to use the editor? When I open the rom I see all the amazing options to change scripts, etc etc, however I don't know what script belongs to who and I don't understand how to add and modify the map. (It does look similar to adv map from gen 3 however so that's a plus)

                        Thanks in advance.
                        I agree with you.
                        I want to try to make my own ROM (I would make a team to help me,but in the summer I won't have internet connection) and I need to learn how to use the tool (and is it possible to add items to the map?I want to add some items in the map.)
                        __________________

                        I am new here.Help is appreciated.:)
                        Reply With Quote
                          #413    
                        Old April 15th, 2013 (5:28 AM).
                        ExeTheTyphlosion's Avatar
                        ExeTheTyphlosion ExeTheTyphlosion is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Apr 2013
                          Gender: Male
                          Posts: 26
                          You are awesome! I'm trying to make a hack, but it'll be terrible.
                          Now I can finally make Pokemon Legends version
                          __________________
                          Reply With Quote
                            #414    
                          Old April 24th, 2013 (1:52 PM).
                          dannyboy941 dannyboy941 is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Apr 2013
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 23
                            I have a questen to adding mapheader id on Pokemon Diamond.
                            But why get the game a problem if i use fly to somewhere is get every time to jublife city on black area give a way to fix this for adding new mapheaders id ?
                            Reply With Quote
                              #415    
                            Old April 25th, 2013 (6:39 AM).
                            XxBestOnXx's Avatar
                            XxBestOnXx XxBestOnXx is offline
                            NDS Hacker/ Youtube Graphic
                               
                              Join Date: Nov 2012
                              Location: Italy, Piemonte
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Calm
                              Posts: 8
                              Gotcha!
                              I have found the overworld of the pokemon and the trainers in Pokémon Black!
                              __________________
                              Hack 4 u
                              Reply With Quote
                                #416    
                              Old May 11th, 2013 (9:07 AM).
                              Spiky-Eared Pichu's Avatar
                              Spiky-Eared Pichu Spiky-Eared Pichu is offline
                              NDS Hacker/Researcher
                                 
                                Join Date: Apr 2010
                                Posts: 257
                                New updates coming! I know version 1.8.0 is taking long, but I'm doing my best to balance both generations in the tool so they have the same features. Today I finished writing the saving code for Gen IV scripts, and it works like a charm. Saving is a bit slower than reading, but it depends on the amount of scripts and functions and the command extension. The progress bar will animate when saving so you'll know when the tool is working.

                                Also, about a week ago I implemented support for Gen V buildings, including both the building editor and the list. This is how it looks like:



                                Thanks for your support, I hope to release this new version very soon! :)
                                __________________
                                "Hacking has no limits. Don't try anything, DO IT!"

                                Jump into DS hacking with SDSME!


                                Beta 2 available!!


                                Reply With Quote
                                  #417    
                                Old May 12th, 2013 (1:01 AM).
                                Hacker Bisharp's Avatar
                                Hacker Bisharp Hacker Bisharp is offline
                                Bug reporter
                                   
                                  Join Date: Dec 2011
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Gentle
                                  Posts: 334
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Spiky-Eared Pichu View Post
                                  New updates coming! I know version 1.8.0 is taking long, but I'm doing my best to balance both generations in the tool so they have the same features. Today I finished writing the saving code for Gen IV scripts, and it works like a charm. Saving is a bit slower than reading, but it depends on the amount of scripts and functions and the command extension. The progress bar will animate when saving so you'll know when the tool is working.

                                  Also, about a week ago I implemented support for Gen V buildings, including both the building editor and the list. This is how it looks like:



                                  Thanks for your support, I hope to release this new version very soon! :)
                                  Thank goodness an update! Now I feel more confident, keep it up!
                                  __________________
                                  Hacks I support:

                                  And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #418    
                                  Old May 20th, 2013 (5:19 AM).
                                  BlacknYellowHD's Avatar
                                  BlacknYellowHD BlacknYellowHD is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: May 2012
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Posts: 20
                                    Good luck. I hope Gen 5 Map Hacking is supported soon, too.
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #419    
                                    Old May 20th, 2013 (7:28 AM).
                                    Platinum Lucario's Avatar
                                    Platinum Lucario Platinum Lucario is offline
                                    The Legendary Master of <font color="#D8D48C">Light</font>!
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jan 2008
                                    Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
                                    Age: 25
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Calm
                                    Posts: 1,564
                                    Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by BlacknYellowHD View Post
                                    Good luck. I hope Gen 5 Map Hacking is supported soon, too.
                                    It already is in the latest version, which is 1.7.0. You can change the map model, headers, tilesets and movement permissions, but you can't change buildings yet. That will be in the next version. ;)
                                    __________________
                                    [Platinum Lucario's Signature]
                                    If you need to disable my signature, please give me some advice on how to improve the CSS-DIV code. Thanks!
                                    Signature Status: Strikes: 1/3 | Infractions: 0/3
                                    It's time to change the future...
                                    to a positive direction!

                                    Let's prevent things from getting bad!

                                    I'm a ROM and ISO Researcher
                                    Current Project: Researching Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Adventure Squad games (WiiWare)
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #420    
                                    Old May 22nd, 2013 (2:34 AM).
                                    GoGoJJTech's Avatar
                                    GoGoJJTech GoGoJJTech is offline
                                    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
                                     
                                    Join Date: Nov 2012
                                    Location: Earth
                                    Age: 19
                                    Gender: Female
                                    Nature: Jolly
                                    Posts: 2,475
                                    Yyyyeeeaaaahhhhhhh...
                                    I still cant use this tool, it opens the tool, but upon opening a rom the computer freezes, and gives an error, then the tool just closes itself, and comp is fine. Then it says ndsmeclosed suddenly, sorry if you lost anything, the usual message. Im using XP
                                    wow, this is not how i wanted my 150th post to look...
                                    __________________
                                    I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this into your signature.
                                    The HGSS Music Patch - The BW/2 Music Patch - ASM: Switch Music Based on Seasons
                                    Romhack.me Profile - Pokecommunity Profile - Youtube Channel

                                    Support me at my site!
                                    Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #421    
                                    Old May 22nd, 2013 (11:35 AM).
                                    YORAMRW YORAMRW is offline
                                    8-bit producer & Pokémon GB music hacker
                                       
                                      Join Date: Oct 2012
                                      Location: Netherlands
                                      Age: 20
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Nature: Gentle
                                      Posts: 48
                                      Windows XP is a bit LáááGGY... Certainly if you a have lack of working memory [RAM], which is often the issue by old computers. If you use Windows 7 with a 600+ GB hard drive, everything will work fine, until 100 years later, when all space is used.
                                      __________________
                                      Professional Pokémon music hacker and the composer of epic 8-bit devamps
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #422    
                                      Old May 25th, 2013 (2:44 AM).
                                      Okiesmokie Okiesmokie is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: May 2013
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 1
                                        Is there any chance you would release the source code to this tool? I'm very interested in how you accomplished a lot of these things.
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #423    
                                        Old May 27th, 2013 (4:58 AM).
                                        rYuz4ki rYuz4ki is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: May 2013
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 2
                                          Hey guys, are there any substitute programs to convert .obj files to .imd if I can't find Maya 7? I have every other file to export and import maps into the game, so it's frustrating to get stuck this close. Thanks in advance.
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #424    
                                          Old May 27th, 2013 (9:19 AM).
                                          VERGUNDAI's Avatar
                                          VERGUNDAI VERGUNDAI is offline
                                          RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker
                                             
                                            Join Date: Dec 2009
                                            Location: Pokemon Universe :)
                                            Age: 21
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Quiet
                                            Posts: 109
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by rYuz4ki View Post
                                            Hey guys, are there any substitute programs to convert .obj files to .imd if I can't find Maya 7? I have every other file to export and import maps into the game, so it's frustrating to get stuck this close. Thanks in advance.
                                            i thought the new mkds fixed this.... guess not, or maybe i read something wrong...
                                            __________________
                                            Vergundai_ace_gailon
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #425    
                                            Old May 27th, 2013 (9:18 PM).
                                            rYuz4ki rYuz4ki is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: May 2013
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 2
                                              Turns out it's in their current or upcoming beta release. I only just found that out.
                                              Reply With Quote
                                              Reply

                                              Quick Reply

                                              Join the conversation!

                                              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                              Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                              Sponsored Links
                                              Thread Tools

                                              Posting Rules
                                              You may not post new threads
                                              You may not post replies
                                              You may not post attachments
                                              You may not edit your posts

                                              BB code is On
                                              Smilies are On
                                              [IMG] code is On
                                              HTML code is Off

                                              Forum Jump


                                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:06 PM.