• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
Well in my friend's case it was like the Friday and Saturday had been all cozy and you could even walk outside without a jacket. (omg!) He was all excited for his plans with his family and had gone to buy a new ballgrill and some steaks. Then Sunday morning...

Our temperatures here for the past 2 months (Feb-March) have been -5C to -20C so that minimal +1 degree has been all "oh my god!" along with "What is that bright shining thing in the sky?". So when the snow had basically all melted away and you could see the asphalt and dirt roads and grass it's like the ultimate troll move from nature to dump a surprise 30cm snow back to it.

-
I'm a bit confused of the "state" challenge on what I'd even have.
I'd get like... Spearows, Pidgeys, Pidoves, a random Vulpix (foxes), a wild cat of some sort and Lopunny. And that's just the city wild life. No domesticated ones. Otherwise there'd be tons of dogs.

If it were on a national level I'd get a lion of some sort.
  • Finland's coat of arms is a lion.
  • Also Swanna would be a must have. Whooper Swan is a national bird for us.
  • I guess Vulpix would be a good addition from the earlier paragraph, since we have Midsummer bonfire's during the "nightless day" when the sun doesn't set at all.
As for sports teams... eh, we mainly have hockey teams that are the "sports events" that everyone knows and talks about. So from there... *trying to think* a stoat, a lynx, a shark - everything else is either just a "club", a weapon of some sort (double-bladed axes anyone) or a "league".
(We have teams here that are just called Jokers, Aces, Lynx, Stoats. You just add the city they're from in front of those. But then there's the down side of the rest being called HIFK, TPS, JYP and the sort...)

I mean sure there are a few wolves in the forests, some deer and even a random moose here and there. Then obviously reindeers and bears. That's about the entire Finnish wild life there by the way. Obviously not sharks, but we do have seals and trouts.
Also if I'd really want to get into it I'd stick a Kricketune there because of Apocalyptica.​

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
So from there... *trying to think* a stoat, a lynx, a shark - everything else is either just a "club", a weapon of some sort (double-bladed axes anyone) or a "league".
(We have teams here that are just called Jokers, Aces, Lynx, Stoats. You just add the city they're from in front of those. But then there's the down side of the rest being called HIFK, TPS, JYP and the sort...)

You could probably use something like Bisharp for the double bladed axe. It may not be strictly based on that but it does seem pretty sharp and possibly axe-like!

Also, I think it may be safe to say that many areas have wildly fluctuating weather. I live in Arkansas, and one day it's ninety degrees, the next it's snowing, and the next it's raining with a threat of tornadoes. So Castform may be a liable option for many teams. However, if you happen to live somewhere with stable weather, you could maybe choose a Pokemon that reflects that weather, for example Ninrtales if its always hot and sunny, or Politoed if it never stops raining.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah Rewy, that sounds about right just with less snow (it doesn't snow here often so). First week of April, we had a hailstorm on a SUNNY day. :| And then a tornado. We had a week that got up into the high 70's then rained the rest of the week and was freezing. In spring. And yes, sideway rain. We've had that during band practice haha. And back in 2010, it was like 80 degrees at the beginning of the week and snowing by the end. We just ignore the seasons here. :(

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
We had snow yesterday.. and the snow completely melted too :(

Oh and I dropped from my Pokemon Cycle challenge due to the lack of berries I have left to evolve my Feebas into a Milotic =/

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Aww that sucks! Could you not ask for something to replace the Milotic? I'm sure the OP would have understood since that left you with no way to get it. :(

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Hmm, I could but my team are around level 40-ish now. And getting a new Pokemon would be so much of a hassle to level it up to be on par with the other Pokemon =/

I'll probably redo that challenge soon tho, I just didn't know a lot about Feebas on the Gen III games. Kind of a shame too, I finally got a Feebas in Gen III but never got a Milotic out of it :(

11wildy

Me!
Years
Hmm, I could but my team are around level 40-ish now. And getting a new Pokemon would be so much of a hassle to level it up to be on par with the other Pokemon =/

I'll probably redo that challenge soon tho, I just didn't know a lot about Feebas on the Gen III games. Kind of a shame too, I finally got a Feebas in Gen III but never got a Milotic out of it :(

Maybe you could keep the feebas as it is, although it will be very weak. It does get STAB Surf :D. And it gives you a nice challenge I guess xP

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
We get lots of rain in Mississippi,so I might just be doing a Thunderstorm/Hurricane/Tornado team,consisting of Water,Flying,and some Electric types. speak of the devil,its raining right now!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
The challenge is forcely telling me to get a Milotic :P

And Feebas is so weak, lmao. A tackle could make it go down to 50% of it's HP *_*

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
The challenge is forcely telling me to get a Milotic :P

And Feebas is so weak, lmao. A tackle could make it go down to 50% of it's HP *_*

you should have seen the hack I was playing! A developer coded himself into the game as a trainer. Beat down all his pokes except one. It was a lv 95 Magikarp. up until now his pokes and mine were matched at lv 60-63. Little did I know,the dang thing had super powerful moves on it(such as Aeroblast and Hyper Beam) thankfully,it was a magikarp,otherwise,I would have never beat him.

Dark Marik

The Ruler of All Doors!
Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
Pffffft, NOLA can represent NOLA fine, they don't need no representative, ya heard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back