• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 22, 2015
Not quite
In Explorers of Time or Darkness (since they are practically same xD) you have to also beat Darkrai and recruit Dialga (and maybe Palkia try it only with Dialga)

By the way ya can get Eevee from the Joyous Tower but ya have to go there as lv.1 pokemon.

Oh, I guess I shouldn't trust everything I read on the Internet...

Trading teams on PMDEOS?

I went to see how this worked, so I chose a team, it asked me if "I will acquire this team." If I choose to acquire it, will I lose my current team?

Last edited:

ShatteredRose

Thanks for Noticin'
Years
This topic is for Explorers of the Sky:

So, I have the official guide book. In it, it has a rating system on the ease of recruiting pokemon. Each pokemon is given a number 0-5 (or x if it is not recruitable), with 5 being the easiest.

For the pokemon with the number 0, the guide book says that certain conditions must be met before you are able to recruit them. Now, this makes sense for legendaries and a few others. However, pokemon like Primape, Hitmonchan, Espeon, etc. also have a rating of 0.

Thus, I wonder if anyone knows what conditions must be met to recruit such non-legendaries. Is there a special condition? Or be post-graduation plus a high enough leader recruit rate? Better yet, has anyone actually managed to recruit such pokemon?

I do suppose my question is geared towards those who have the guide book as well, but speculations are fine as well.

(While I think this has the makings to be a long discussion, perhaps it will not. So, here my question now resides.)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Yeah I managed to recruit (repeatedly I gotta say) Primeape and some Eeveelutions (Leafeon, Umbreon, Espeon) it just needs high leveled leader, Friend Bow, but ya can also have 'em without it but that's just pure luck xD and it also happens when ya don't really want 'em :D
I suggest ya might try battle in monster house with Friend Bow on hold.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
OK another question (still waiting for my 1st's answer) :

Pokemon Ranger - Almia (not so popular these days) :

How do I catch up with Celebi in the last Quest (Wish for The Vien Forest) ??? NOt how to capture it , but how to touch it yourself . I think I already wasted 3 hours trying to and I never get an answer anywhere so I tried here ...

The Red Chain

In Vien Forest when you first encounter Celebi near the waterfall, it flies down and into a different area.
Run down in that same direction and go to that area.
In that area should be a Doduo.. capture that Doduo and chase Celebi down while on it's back.
That should work better for you.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
In Vien Forest when you first encounter Celebi near the waterfall, it flies down and into a different area.
Run down in that same direction and go to that area.
In that area should be a Doduo.. capture that Doduo and chase Celebi down while on it's back.
That should work better for you.

Actually , I used my DS Stylus to run on a Doduo (thanks for telling me a close place to get it ! ) since I always used my Control Pad and I couldn't do it ...

But anyways , I have completly beaten PR - SoA ! Also captured Regigigas !

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
I beat that Capture Zone ! (Which is , BTW , Capture Arena ) The biggest pain were the Sinnoh Starters ...
I think I beat it twice... also got Regigigas , Dialga and Palkia Missions ....
I am pretty sure that the only thing I need to do is using my friend's AR to get the last Wi-Fi missions...

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Out of curiosity, has anyone reached a top limit of how many pokemon you can recruit in PMD2? I think I've gone up to 300 so far (maybe more) and have yet to hit a limit.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
Years
Can you trade pokemon between the Dungeon series (Explorers of Sky, etc) and the RPGs (Platinum etc) or is it only RPGs and Pokemon Ranger?

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2010
It's like the same as PMD2 u need the sun ribbon or thunderstone or wutever u need..

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Can you trade pokemon between the Dungeon series (Explorers of Sky, etc) and the RPGs (Platinum etc) or is it only RPGs and Pokemon Ranger?

As far as I know, you can't trade between the main games and PMD. The only thing I know is the Manaphy Egg transfer from Ranger to DP.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Anyone here can tell me how to evolve Eevee to Espeon, Umbreon, Glaceon, and Leafeon in PMD: Explorers of the Sky? o///o
Isn't easier to recruit them directly? :D
Anyways here it is.
To Espeon - Eevee must have 2 stars IQ and you need Sun Ribbon.
To Umbreon - Also 2 stars IQ but here Lunar Ribbon.
To Glaceon - You need Ice Rock (can be bought in Kecleon's shops)
To Leafeon - You need Moss Rock (also can be bought in Kecleon's shops)

But as I said it's easier to recruit them... only eeveelutions I evolved from Eevee were Glacie and Vaporeon. Others were recruited.

Rainflower

분홍신
Years
Isn't easier to recruit them directly? :D
Anyways here it is.
To Espeon - Eevee must have 2 stars IQ and you need Sun Ribbon.
To Umbreon - Also 2 stars IQ but here Lunar Ribbon.
To Glaceon - You need Ice Rock (can be bought in Kecleon's shops)
To Leafeon - You need Moss Rock (also can be bought in Kecleon's shops)

But as I said it's easier to recruit them... only eeveelutions I evolved from Eevee were Glacie and Vaporeon. Others were recruited.
Well, yeah, but I'm actually using Eevee as my starter atm xD Thanks for the help anyways! (:

And one last question, where can I get Sun/Moon Ribbon? /fail ;;

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Out of curiosity, has anyone reached a top limit of how many pokemon you can recruit in PMD2? I think I've gone up to 300 so far (maybe more) and have yet to hit a limit

Well, there are over 400 Pokemon, so...I don't think that you're even close to the limit, if there even is one.

ShatteredRose

Thanks for Noticin'
Years
Actually...there is a limit. The official guide states "you can have no more than 552 Pokemon in your exploration team" (29). That number is for Sky, so I suppose it is rather similar to the number for Darkness/Time.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
[jq]Out of curiosity, has anyone reached a top limit of how many pokemon you can recruit in PMD2? I think I've gone up to 300 so far (maybe more) and have yet to hit a limit.[/jq]
You can recruit all 493 Pokemon and the other 28 forms of Unown to be exact.
You forgot to mention Shellos's, Gastrodon's, Burmy's and Wormadam's forms.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
It's interesting to calculate xD
Let's go for it.
492 + 2 (Burmy) + 2 (Wormadam) + 2 (Shellos + Gastrodon) + 27 (all Unown's forms - 1) +1 (Hippowdown's female) = 526.
I hope I didn't forget anything...
Now the speculation ones - +4 (Deoxys's mirages) +1 (Primal Dialga) +1 (Shiny Celebi) +1 (Origin Giratina) +1 (Sky Shaymin) +1 (Cherrim's Sun Form) +3 (Castform's weather forms)
I know those cannot be recruited but... there might be some way to have them through cheating... so they might need to have space.
Guys what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back