• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fanfic] New Teammates

What should the Kitten's name be?

• Ariel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coral

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
New-.jpg

Summary
The Garcia Family moved to Griffin Rock a month before the Rescue Bots revealed themselves. Now, Optimus contacted Chief Burns and asked him if he would be interested in adding some new bots and humans to the team. The editor of this story is another Author I met on Quotev, Wingstar.​

Chapter 1: Water Rescue

Normal POV
Tracy and Antonio Garcia and the rest of their family is at the firehouse with the Rescue Bots and the Burns Family. Anastasia Garcia, the oldest Garcia child, is trying to keep herself from screaming as her little brother Thirteen-year-old Anthony can't seem to keep his hand away from the ground bridge controls. Luna, a 10-week old Shiba Inu puppy, the Garcia Family's trained rescue dog leaves her owner and trainer's, Tracy's, side and runs over to the control. She jumps onto the platform and growls at Anthony. Tracy goes over to her and snaps her fingers to get Luna to stop. Then she picks her up.

"Buen trabajo, Luna, good job," Tracy praises as she pets the puppy on the head.

"Wait a second Luna understands Spanish," Kade gasps.

"Yes, my husband and I agreed that we should train Luna in Spanish. Since we wanted to have kids one day and we didn't want to confuse her if we were trying to call one of the kids and she'd come instead," Tracy explains.

"When you and Antonio were training her to be a rescue dog did you train her in English or Spanish?" Cody asks.

"Spanish but she it took is a little longer since she had to understand the English command first before we would use the Spanish one," Tracy answers.

"Could we see a demonstration?" Cody asks.

Then they hear Chief Burns' cell phone ring. He raises it to his ear and says, "Emergency dispatch,"

"Chief, it's deputy Barney, I know rescuing animals isn't your usual thing, but a six-week-old Tabby kitten curiosity has gotten it into some big trouble. It climbed onto a piece of driftwood, and the current is dragging it out into deep water," Deputy Barney says.

"Thank you, Barney, we're on our way," Chief Burns says.

"What's wrong dad?" Cody asks.

Chief Burns fills the team in on the emergency call. Luna jumps out off Tracy's arms and wags her tail eagerly.

"I guess that means she wants to help us," Dani says.

"Yes, and Antonio and I will go too if it's okay with the rest of you," Tracy says.

"Of course the three of you do have the proper training," Chief Burns says.

"Before you go I have a gift for Luna," Graham says taking a new collar out of his pants pocket.

Graham kneels down in front of Luna. He takes off her old collar and replaces it with the new one. Tracy sees it has a name tag complete with two rescue team insignias on either side of her name.

"Wow, thanks, Graham," Tracy says.

"You're welcome," Graham says.

"Anthony, I want you and your sister to stay here till we get back. Anthony, stay away from the ground bridge controls. Anastasia, keep a close eye on your brother. I know he's bound to do something crazy," Tracy says.

"But, mom, why can't we go?" Anthony asks.

"Neither of you have any training. It's too dangerous," Tracy answers.

"Don't worry mom. I'll keep an eye on him. He's not going anywhere. You can count on me," Anastasia says proudly.

"That's my girl," Antonio says.

"Heatwave, you, Kade, along with Mrs. Garcia head down to the ocean and rescue the kitten," Chief says.

Luna lets out a loud bark to remind Chief that she should come too. Chief walks over to her and kneels down then pats her on the head.

"Don't worry girl. You're going too," Chief chuckles.

Chief stands up. Heatwave transforms, and everyone gets into the fire truck. Luna sits down in the backseat. Tracy buckles Luna in but wishes there was a safety harness for the puppy. They drive off the ocean.

Man, I wish I had a rescue vehicle so I can give the kitten a check up after we rescue it, Tracy thinks.

When Heatwave reaches the end of the dock, he jumps off and transforms into his fire boat mode. Kade hands them some life jackets from the storage bin below his seat. After everyone put on their life jackets, Heatwave drives off. A few seconds later Luna's ears perk up as she starts to scratch at one of the windows.

"Can you get her to stop doing that," Heatwave says.

"Sorry Heatwave, she must hear something outside," Tracy says.

"I didn't hear anything," Kade says.

"Kade, you keep forgetting that science has shown that dogs can hear sounds from 80 feet away compared to humans," Antonio informs

"That's impressive," Heatwave says.

Luna stops scratching the window and sits down. She taps her front paw four times on the seat.

"Is that a signal Luna learned in her training," Heatwave asks.

"Yes, Heatwave, we taught her to tell us if she hears someone needs our help." Tracy answers.

Heatwave stops and opens up the canopy. Then Luna jumps out onto the side of the boat. She sits down and waits for her owner/trainer to give her the command to rescue.

"Okay, Luna, rescate, rescue," Tracy says.

The dog leaps into the water and swims to the northeast. Inside the Training Center, Optimus is standing next to the two new Rescue Bots an Ambulance named Medic and an animal rescue van called Animal Force.

"Optimus, are you sure that the Rescue Bots in Griffin Rock will be happy about us joining the rank?" Medic asks.

"When are we going to change into our robot forms?" Animal Force asks.

"Relax Animal Force, your new partners will be here shortly," Optimus says.

Meanwhile, with Heatwave, he follows the signal from the GPS tracker Graham put on Luna's new color. Tracy, Kade, and Antonio see what caused Luna's actions earlier. They see the kitten Deputy Barney told them about the kitten has brown on its face and blue eyes, but the rest of its body is gray with black spots. It was able to hold on after Heatwave accidentally made a huge wave as he drives closer to Luna.

"Heatwave, if you get any closer the waves you're making might cause the kitten to fall into the water," Tracy says.

"The water is too deep for Luna to do a diving rescue," Antonio adds reading Heatwave's depth meter.

Heatwave stops suddenly it makes a huge wave and the groups gasp in shock when they see the helpless kitten fall into the water. Tracy quickly takes off her life jacket and her lab coat.

"Heatwave, open up, I'm going in," Tracy says.

"You can't free dive you could hurt yourself," Kade shouts.

"Kade, we don't have time to argue. That kitten will drown in a matter of minutes if I don't get it right now. Just like firefighters have a code they follow. All Veterinarians take an oath the day they receive their degrees. It states 'I solemnly swear to use my scientific knowledge and skills for the benefit of society through the protection of animal health and welfare. The prevention and relief of animal suffering, the conservation of animal resources, the promotion of public health, and the advancement of medical knowledge' If I don't help that kitten I'd be breaking that oath." Tracy says.

Heatwave opens up his canopy again. Tracy walks out towards the front of the boat. She takes a deep breath before turning Heatwave into a diving board. She jumps up and down twice before launching herself into the air and doing a perfect swan dive into the water.

"Wow, when did Tracy learn how to do that?" Heatwave gasps.

"I thought I told you that Tracy was on the diving team when she was in high school," Antonio says.

~New Teammates~​

Tracy reaches the kitten in time to grab it before it reaches the bottom. She swims back up and nods to Luna. The puppy swims over to her, and Tracy puts the kitten on Luna's back. They head back to Heatwave. Tracy hands Luna along with the kitten to Antonio. Kade helps Tracy inside, but a big wave splashes up it pulls Tracy underneath the water. The current pulls her away from everyone. After Antonio takes the kitten off Luna's back, the puppy stands up and looks out over the water. She lets out and anxious whimper when she didn't see her owner anywhere.

"Don't worry Girl, I'm sure that Tracy will surface any moment," Antonio says.

Antonio starts to pet Luna to keep her calm. A few seconds later Luna lets out a loud bark when she sees Tracy surface a few feet away. Kade gets the life ring and throws it out to Tracy. She grabs it, and Kade pulls her back towards them. A few big waves hit her one wave had a broken bottle in it. Tracy bites her bottom lip to keep herself from swearing as the sea water hits the cut on her right arm. When she is close, enough Antonio helps Kade pull her inside. After Tracy sits down, Luna climbs into her lap and starts to lick her face.

"Okay girl, I know you're happy that I'm safe," Tracy giggles.

Tracy pets Luna behind her left ear, and she stops licking her face then lies down on the seat next to her. Antonio gets the first aid kit and bandages Tracy's hands the kitten to her wrapped in a towel. The kitten lets out a feeble meow as it shivers wildly.

"Antonio, you should get to work drying off Luna before she decided to shake," Tracy says.

"I'm on it," Antonio says.

"I'm surprised that it's even out here. This little one still should be its mom," Tracy says.

"Do you think someone abandoned it," Kade asks.

"If so there might be even more kittens out there somewhere. Right now, I need to give it an exam stat." Tracy says.

"Heatwave to Optimus, come in," Heatwave says.

"I read you Heatwave, what's wrong?" Optimus asks.

"Tracy and Luna just rescue a kitten. I'm afraid we have to head back to Griffin Rock. Tracy needs to do and exam on it right away." Heatwave answers.

"Continue to the training center Heatwave. Tracy can give the kitten its exam here with help from her new partner Animal Force." Optimus says.

"Okay Optimus, we should be there in ten," Heatwave says.

Heatwave signs off and continues to drive towards the training center. After Heatwave came to a complete stop, Tracy quickly gets out and walks inside.

"Hello, I'm Optimus. You must be Dr. Tracy Garcia." Optimus says.

"Yes, I am. It's nice to meet you too, Optimus, but I have to get to work." Tracy says politely

"Of course, there is your partner Animal Force," Optimus says gesturing towards the animal rescue van.

Tracy power walks over to Animal Force. He opens the back door, and Tracy climbs inside. She sees a small monitor to her left after she places the kitten down on the exam table.

"Hello, Tracy, I'm Animal Force. How can I assist you?" Animal Force asks.

"Could you take notes when I start taking the kittens vitals?" Tracy asks.

"Of course," Animal Force says.

Tracy unwraps the kitten and gets to work. Ten minutes later, she finished her exam.

"We need to start an IV drip started now. It severely dehydrated," Tracy says.

"Right, the IV fluid is in the second drawer up on your left. The other items are in the drawer above it," Animal Force informs his new partner.

"Thank you," Tracy says.

After she sets up the IV drip, Tracy walks back out to the others.

"How is it?" Antonio asks.

"It's dehydrated," Tracy says,

"Is that good or bad?" Heatwave asks.

"Good, considering it nearly drowned in that ocean. Plus, it didn't get any water trapped in its lungs either." Tracy answers.

"Antonio, are you ready to meet your new partner," Optimus asks.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 2: Meeting Medic and Anthony Garcia​
Normal POV
Meanwhile, at the firehouse, Anastasia, Anthony, and the others are waiting for Heatwave, Tracy, Antonio and Luna to return. Blades noticed that the Garcia kids were getting anxious waiting for their parents to come back, so he suggested they watch some TV. Today there is a Disney Movie Marathon on the movie channel. Anthony liked a lot of the Disney films, but when "Old Yeller" came on. It only reminded him of Luna. He gets up from the couch.

"Where are you going?" Anastasia asks.

"Outside to get some air," Anthony answers.

Anthony leaves the room. Blurr notices a sly smirk appear on Anthony's face as he left. The Autobot decides to follow him. He finds the teenage at the ground bridge controls.

"What are you doing?" Blurr asks.

Anthony jumps and turns around to see Blurr standing behind him.

"Nothing, I was just looking at the ground bridge controls," Anthony answers.

"You're going to head to the training center aren't you? Didn't your mom tell you to stay here?" Blurr asks.

"Yes, but my parents aren't back yet. I'm getting worried that's all," Anthony says.

"I understand that you're concerned, but they'll get mad at you won't they," Blurr says.

"They might, but I'm a teenager Blurr. Teenagers are rebellious," Anthony says with a sly smile.

Back at the training Center, Optimus gestures to Medic and he drives up to Antonio. Then transforms into bot before be kneeling down in front of him.

"Hello, Antonio. It's nice to meet you and your wife," Medic says.

"The same to you as well Medic. I'm looking forward to working with you," Antonio says.

Luna barks and everyone covers their ears as it echoes off the walls of the garage. The ambulance 'Bot takes his hands away from his audio receptors. He asks,"Why did your dog do that?"

"Sorry Medic but Luna is a part of this family too," Antonio says.

Everyone heads to the room where the ground bridge is. The group sees it open and watch Blurr drive up. Tracy notices her son sitting in the driver's seat.

"Anthony Mindy Garcia, get out here right now, young man," Tracy shouts.

"Mindy, isn't that a girl's name?" Blurr whispers/chuckles.

"Yes, It is, and stop laughing," Anthony whines.

Blurr opens his door, and the thirteen-year-old slowly walks over to his parents.

"What were you thinking young man?" Tracy asks.

"I was worried you said that you and dad would be back in an hour." Anthony answers.

"I appreciate that son, but it's our job to worry about you not the other way around," Antonio says.

"Plus, you're not old enough to drive yet," Tracy adds.

"I'm old enough to take driver's training," Anthony argues.

"We know son, but you mom and I decided that we wanted to wait one more year," Antonio says.

"That's so unfair you let Anastasia take driver's training when she was thirteen," Anthony says.

"True, but she was mature enough to handle the responsibility and the privilege of driving a car," Tracy says.

Anastasia chimes in through Heatwave's comlink. "Sorry little bro but mom and dad are doing what they think is right."

"Hey, sis eavesdropping is rude," Anthony snaps.

"I know, but at least I listened to mom and stayed at the firehouse," Anastasia snaps.

"None asked for your opinion," Anthony rebuts.

"Too Bad," Anastasia says sarcastically.

Tracy snaps her fingers. The bots are confused as they watch the dog lie down and cover her ears.

"I'd cover your ears again," Antonio whispers

"Why," Kade whispers back.

"Just trust me," Antonio answers.

Tracy raises her right hand up to her mouth and puts her thumb and index fingers to her lips. Takes a deep breath and lets out a loud whistle. Anthony and Anastasia shout in pain when they hear it

"I hate it when you do that," Anthony whines as he puts his hands back down at his sides.

"Me too," Anastasia adds,

"Kids this isn't the time or place for one of your childish arguments," Tracy says.

"Sorry mom," The Garcia kids say.

"Anastasia, you father and still need to talk to your brother. Could you sign off please," Tracy says.

"Sure thing mom," Anastasia answers.

Anastasia signs off. Luna stands up and walks over to Kade. She sits down next to him.

"Son, hand over your phone and any other technological devices," Tracy says.

"I'm grounded aren't I?" Anthony asks.

"You got it," Tracy says.

"HIs only punishment is taking away all his technological devices?" Heatwave asks.

"No Earth-based technology or Cybertronian tech either. Plus Anthony is not allowed to leave the house other than to help us with our other daily tasks," Tracy answers.

"Aw, man," Anthony whines.

Quickshadow walks in from the other room. She stands next to Optimus.

"Pardon my interruption, but might I make a suggestion," Quickshadow says.

"Who is she?" Anthony asks.

"This is Quickshadow. She's been helping me train Blurr and Salvage," Optimus explains.

"Maybe, he could stay here and train with Salvage and the other Rescue Bots recruits," Quickshadow suggests.

"Sweet," Anthony cheers.

"Hold on son, your mother and I haven't agreed to this," Antonio says.

"Good Point Honey, but it a good experience for him," Tracy says.

"Does that mean I can stay," Anthony asks.

"I hate to interrupt, but I think I'd like to train with your son Mr. and Mrs. Garcia," Quickshadow says.

"I do feel a little better know that you'd be looking out for him. I think he needs to learn how to work together with his sister before I'd consider letting him partner up with anyone." Tracy says.

"Sounds like a fine idea to me. The kids do enjoy bickering with one another. Which could cause trouble in the field." Quickshadow agrees.

"An excellent point Quickshadow, so how about they ride along with the rest of the team and me while we patrol the island." Heatwave offers.

"That could work," Tracy says,

"Can Blurr be my partner," Anthony asks.

"No," Tracy and Antonio say.

"QuickShadow, I thought you wanted to stay here to train with the Bots here. Would you consider coming back to Griffin Rock?" Heatwave asks.

"I'd be happy to; I did say that I'd keep an eye on young Anthony," Quickshadow answers.

"Great. Let's head home," Tracy says.

Tracy climbs back inside Animal Force to check on the kitten. She removes the IV since the kitten's hydration level returned to normal. She picks it up and goes back outside. Animal Force opens up the driver's side door, and Tracy gets in. The kitten curls up into a ball after Tracy sits down. Medic, Heatwave, and Quickshadow transform into vehicle mode. After everyone was inside their respective Bot, Optimus guides the Garcia family, along with Animal Force and Medic to the land bridge.

"Boulder, we're ready on our end," Salvage says.

"Us too, you can drive on through everyone," Boulder says.

"Quickshadow, why don't you go first," Heatwave offers.

"I'd be glad to," Quickshadow says.

QuickShadow presses on her gas pedal and drives into the portal. Animal Force follows behind her. Then Medic and Heatwave goes through last.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 3: Garcia Family's Backstory​

Normal POV

Boulder, Chase, and Blades along with the Burns Family and Anastasia, Tracy and Antonio's eighteen-year-old daughter, watch the others Bots drove up. They wait for their partners to get out before transforming into robot mode.

"Animal Force, Medic, This is Chase, Boulder, and Blades. Our human partners, the Burns Family." Heatwave says.

"Hi," Medic says waving to everyone.

"It's nice to meet all of you. I'm looking forward to working together," Animal Force adds.

"So am I, it's going to be great having two more emergency vehicles on the team," Chief Burns says.

Dani's eye light up when she sees the kitten in Tracy's arms.

"Aw, this little cutie is the kitten Deputy Barney told us about," Dani asks quickly changing the subject.

"Yes, Dani. Now. Anthony, I told you to stay at the firehouse. What got into to you to even think about using the ground bridge? Did you even consider what could happen if it were to malfunction?" Tracy says sternly turning to face her son.

"I'm sorry mom, but I was worried that you and dad weren't back yet. Plus, Boulder and Doc Greene already worked out all of the bugs." Anthony argues.

"I have a better question, how did Anthony even know how to activate it?" Chase asks.

"I'm a quick study," Anthony answers.

"Chase, could you accompany Anthony home," Tracy says.

"Of course," Chase says.

"Can I ride in the driver's seat?" Anthony asks.

"No," Tracy answers.

"Okay," Anthony sighs.

The group heads outside and Chase transforms into his vehicle mode. Anthony gets in, and they drive off the Garcia family's house.

"I'd like to know why you decided to move here?" Quickshadow asks.

Luna walks over to the group and lies down. Dini puts the kitten down. She climbs onto Luna's back and lays down in between Luna's shoulder blades.

"A month passed since I graduated from Vet school. The only problem was that none of the clinics in Michigan had any open positions. I did a little research and found out that Griffin Rock Vet Clinic needed some new people. I called a family meeting to tell the kids we might be moving," Tracy says.

"Weren't the kids upset?" Animal Force asks.

"I was, but Anthony didn't understand that moving was the best thing for our family. He wouldn't stop complaining," Anastasia says.

"After waiting for three long days, I finally got the call from the boss welcoming me to the clinic and that he was looking forward to meeting me," Tracy says.

"When did Luna come into the picture?" Animal Force asks.

"Three weeks after we got settled in." Tracy answers.

"Can I tell my part of the story now, mom," Anastasia asks.

"You sure can Ana," Tracy answers.

"I went for I hike up Mount Griffin. I was at the top about to head back down. When I reached the bottom, I heard some rustling in the bushes." Anastasia says.

"What did you do," Blades asks.

"I starting walking back because I was afraid that whatever was in it was going to hurt me." Anastasia answers.

"When did you realize you weren't in any danger?" Heatwave asks.

"After I heard Luna whimpering in pain as she limped out of the bush and collapsed." Anastasia answers.

"You brought Luna to mom, right?" Animal Force asks.

"Yes, but when she got to the clinic it was closed for the day." Tracy answers.

"What did you do," Blades asks.

"We took her back home, and I treated her the best I could." Tracy answers.

"How bad were her injuries," Animal Force asks.

"A few minor cuts and scrapes, along with a mild case of exhaustion. Luna was smart enough to locate water, so she wasn't dehydrated," Tracy answers.

"The next morning, we took her to the shelter to see if the workers there could find her a forever home." Tracy kneels down and scratches Luna behind her right ear. She continues,"But, she already decided that she wanted our house to be her forever home,"

"So, you rescued Luna. Then she became a trained rescue dog," Graham says.

"Yes. After we had adopted Luna, and she received a full physical exam including all her shots." Tracy says.

"Tracy and I decided that it might be a good idea to train her to be a search and Rescue dog. Just in case anyone of got into to trouble, she could get help. I signed her up for a search and rescue training class," Antonio adds.

"You forgot honey, we had to go through training as well to become a rescue dog handler," Tracy says.

"Right, since we'd be helping your rescue team. We needed to focus on a few different, such as First Aid, CPR, Canine First Aid, Lost Person Behavior, Map Reading, Compass Use, ss well as Radio Communication." Antonio adds.

"How did you train her to do that?" Quickshadow asks.

"Antonio, how about instead of just explain to Quickshadow how we trained her. We could show her and our new partners with a demonstration." Tracy says.

"I'd like to see that," Quickshadow says.

"Who is she going to find?" Heatwave asks.

"She could try to find one of us," Blade says.

"Sorry, Blades, but Luna's been trained to find people," Antonio says.

"Since, we're machine we don't have a scent for her to track," Boulder adds.

Tracy picks up the kitten, and they walk outside.

"Kade, would you like to be a volunteer," Antonio asks.

"Sure," Kade answers.

Luna walks over to him. Kade bends down and lets her sniff his hand. A few seconds later she barks twice then sits down.

"That means she has his scent right?" Heatwave asks.

"Right," Tracy says.

Tracy snaps her fingers twice, and Luna lies down and covers her eyes with her paws.

"Okay, Kade you can go hide now," Tracy says.

Kade nods and leaves the group. Five minutes later they hear the comlink beep.

"Okay, Luna, encontrar, find," Tracy orders.

Luna uncovers her eyes, stand up and starts sniff around. She walks back into the firehouse. The group follows her. She stops at the platform leading to the bunker.

"Do you think Kade is hiding down there," Cody asks.

"How did he get down there without Luna hearing him," Animal Force asks.

"He used the fire pole." Cody answers.

The bots and Luna go over to the lift. They ride it down to the bunker while everyone else used the firepole Everyone keeps following Luna, and she stops in front of the control panel for the lift. She walks behind it and pulls Kade out by the cuff of his pants. Tracy walks over to Luna and Kade. She helps him up, and they walk back over to the others.

"Good job girl," Tracy says taking a treat out of pocket and giving it to her.

"Impressive," Quickshadow says.

"Thanks," Tracy says.

"How about we go on patrol," Heatwave suggests.

"Sounds like a good idea to me," Tracy says.

"Mom, could I ride with Quickshadow. If that's okay with the both of you, that is," Anastasia asks.

"I guess it would be okay. If we do happen to run into any emergency situations, you're not going to help okay?" Tracy says.

"Sounds reasonable," Quickshadow says.

"Sweet," Anastasia says.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 4: First Patrol and Anastasia's Graduation blues​

Normal POV

"Honey, I just remember you can't join us this time," Tracy says.

"How come," Heatwave asks.

"Anastasia has to go to the school for graduation rehearsal," Tracy answers.

"Aw man, Quickshadow it looks like you'll get to see what an earth high school looks like," Anastasia says.

The bots transform into vehicle mode again and turn on their engines after their human partner's get inside. Quickshadow leaves first following Anastasia's directions to Griffin Rock High. The others pull out of the driveway to the firehouse and start their patrol by driving down Main Street.

"Tracy, are you okay?" Animal Force asks.

"Yes, you haven't said a word since we left," Chief Burns adds.

"Sorry, I guess I'm just distracted. I can't believe that Anastasia is graduating this year." Tracy answers.

"When is she graduating?" Animal Force asks.

"The ceremony is Wednesday," Tracy answers.

"Will there be a party afterward?" Blades asks.

"Yes," Anastasia answers.

"Anna, have you gotten to the school yet?" Tracy asks.

"Yes. mom. We just got here. I'm about to head inside," Anastasia answers.

Meanwhile, at the high school, Anastasia walks inside to be greeted by one of her friends and fellow classmate, Dixie Jackson.

"Hey, Dixie," Anastasia says.

"I can't believe that in two days we'll be getting our diplomas," Dixie says.

"I know I haven't been here that long, but I'm going to miss this place," Anastasia says.

"Yeah, I wish we got to hang out more," Dixie agrees.

The girls head to the football field. They go over to the sign in table to get their cap and gowns before going to their seats. Back with the Rescue Bots, they turn onto Waverly when Chief gets an emergency call about a house fire two blocks away.

"Alright team, we have a house fire. A one-year-old and a seven-week-old Cocker Spaniel puppy are trapped inside." Chief Burns says.

The group heads to the fire. They arrive to see flames and smoke towering into the sky. Everyone but Animal Force and Medic got into bot mode. The Lawson Family runs up to them.

"Chief, thank goodness. Please, you have to get Alejandra out of there," Robert says.

"What about Amazon, dad?" Robert's four-year-old son Drew asks.

"Don't worry about Amazon, we have another member who can rescue him," Chief says.

"Do you mean the new rescue dog?" Drew asks seeing Luna sitting down next to Tracy.

"Yes, her name is Luna," Tracy answers.

Heatwave starts to put out the fire to clear a path for Kade. Luna runs in too after Tracy gives her the signal. Kade makes his way down the hallway. Luna follows the sound of Kade's breathing through his mask. He leads her to the nursery. Kade rips off the curtain and wraps Alejandra in it before setting her down. He lifts up the remains of the burnt crib off the puppy. Luna carefully picks up Amazon by the same place where his mom did when she carried him around. The group waits anxiously for five minutes till Luna and Kade come out and run over to the group.

"Kade where did you find Amazon?" Robert asks.

"He was trapped under Alejandra's crib after it burnt down," Kade answers.

"Kade, we can talk about how heroic Amazon was, but for now I have to get to work," Tracy says.

Luna sets the Cocker Spaniel down. His white fur turned black from the flames since he went into Alejandra's room to try to rescue her, on the sidewalk. While she gets to work helping Amazon, Kade hands Alejandra over to Antonio. Tracy knew she needs to start CPR on Amazon when she didn't find a pulse. Tracy lies the puppy on his right side. After she finds his heart she does four rescue breaths then did fifteen chest compression. Then does an abdominal squeeze to circulate the blood back to the heart. Luna's ears perk up when Amazon lets out a weak bark as he starts to breathe on his own again.

Luna picks him up again, and they go over to Animal Force. Tracy helps Luna into the back of the ambulance. Luna gently sets Amazon down, and Tracy carries him over to the exam table. After saving away the fur on his front right leg, she puts in the IV needle. After she finished connecting all the equipment to him, she hears the sound of running footsteps.

"Is Amazon going to be okay, Dr. Garcia?" Drew asks.

"Yes, sweetie, but I need to take him to the clinic to make sure he doesn't have any more injuries." Tracy answers.

"I want to ride with Amazon," Drew says.

"Sorry, sweetie, you can't unless your father comes too," Tracy says.

"Okay, Drew sighs.

Luna jumps onto one of the extra seats in the back. Animal Force actives a safety harness and fits it around her before buckling her in. Tracy hops out, closes the doors and goes to the front seat. She sees Chief run up to door in the side mirror.

"Chief, I'm sorry, but you'll have to ride back to the firehouse with one of the others," Tracy says rolling down the window.

"I understand, just get the patient to the vet clinic. I'll ride back with Heatwave," Chief Burns says.

Tracy rolls up the window as Animal Force, and Medic turns on their sirens before they drive away.

"Tracy, the others will figure out how the house caught on fire won't they?" Animal Force says.

"Yes, Animal Force, I know they will," Tracy answers confidently.

~New Teammates~​

As soon as Animal Force arrives at the clinic, Tracy unhooks Amazon from all the equipment and carefully gets out of the ambulance. Animal Force decides to activate his holoform. Tracy turns around and sees a 5'8'' tall twenty-year-old man with blue eyes and short brown hair wearing scrubs and a lab coat walk up to her.

"Animal Force, is that you?" Tracy asks.

"Yes, Tracy, it's me. Well, my holoform. Optimus explained to me that I have a program to create them back on the day we first met. Since everyone on this island knows who we are, I didn't think I have to use it." Animal Force answers.

"I'm going to need your help inside. Can you hold things while you're in this form?" Tracy asks.

Animal Force nods. Tracy hands Amazon to her partner, so she can take a set of keys to unlock the door. Luna follows them inside she walks on Tracy's right side. Animal Force and Tracy enters one of the exam rooms. Luna jumps onto one of the chairs and sits down. Tracy starts to examine Amazon more thoroughly. Animal Force helps Tracy takes an x-ray of Amazon. She is amazed that the puppy has no broken bones, just a few burns on his body.

"Well, little guy. You sure a tough puppy," Tracy says.

When Tracy finishes her examination, cleans up Amazon and calls the Lawson family who is happy to hear that Amazon is okay. Ten minutes later, the Lawson family walk into the clinic, and they see Tracy walk into the waiting room with Amazon in her arms. Tracy hands the puppy to Robert.

"Amazon was brave for what he did going into the nursery to save Alejandra. If there're any problems feel free to call me," Tracy says.

"Thank you so much, Dr. Garcia. We can't imagine our lives without Amazon," Robert says.

"You're very welcome. I was just doing my job, though," Tracy says.

Once the Lawson family leaves, Tracy gives Luna an exam as well to be on the safe side. They leave after Tracy locks up the clinic. She gets into the driver's seat of Animal Force, and Luna sits in the back as usual.

"Animal Force let's head back to the fire station. We need to see if everyone has figured out the cause of the fire yet," Tracy says.

"Right away Tracy," Animal Force says.

Ten minutes later, Animal Force pulls up to the fire station, and he rolls inside. Once Animal Force comes to a complete stop, Tracy undoes her seat belt then unclips Luna's safety harness from the seat belt. She picks up the sleeping pup. After she gets out, Animal Force transforms into his bot mode. They walk over to the others. Tracy notices two pet beds up against the far wall and sees the kitten she and Luna rescued is sleeping peacefully. She walks over to it, sets Luna down in the others bed before she rejoins the group.

"Any updates about what caused that house fire?" Tracy says.

"Yes. I believe we have an arson case on our hands. I have coordinated with Griffin Rock Police Department. We'll be working as hard as we can to catch the suspect or suspects involved," Chief Burns says.

"Who would do something like that?" Tracy asks.

"That we don't know yet, but we'll figure it out," Chief Burns says.

Tracy nods. Then the group hears Medic pull into the fire station. They turn around and see Antonio hop out of the ambulance. He and Medic walk up to the group.

"Hey, Antonio. Any updates on your end?" Chief Burns asks.

"I had a hunch, so I went back to the house. My instincts were correct. I found this in the burned remains of the laundry room," Antonio says.

He pulls out a sealed plastic bag inside is a burned lighter and fuel can. Antonio hands the evidence to Chief Burns.

"Nice work Antonio. I'll take this evidence to the station right now," Chief Burns says.

Chief contacts Chase over the Com, and he leaves his post at the Garcia House to pick up his partner. Five minutes later, the team walks outside. They see Quickshadow and Chase pull up. Chief Burns walks over to Chase, and they drive off to the police station. Then an excited Anastasia jumps out of the Quickshadow's driver's seat before she walks over to the team.

"Hey, Ana. How did Graduation practice go?" Tracy asks.

"It went well, mom. Dixie and I are planning to go out later. She needs to buy a graduation outfit, and she asked me if I could go with her, and I said yes," Anastasia says.

"Okay, Ana. I want you back home for dinner alright," Tracy says.

"I will, mom, and could I have an early graduation gift - of cash?" Anastasia says.

"So sweetie, your father and I aren't a bank," Tracy answers.

"Okay," Anastasia sighs.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 5: Anastasia's Graduation Ceremony Emergency​

Normal POV

Three days later, it was the day Tracy and Antonio had mixed feelings about arrived Anastasia is graduating high school. They are proud that she is getting her diploma, but they are sad because it means that she'll be leaving for college soon. The bots and the rest of team talked Tracy into naming the kitten. They picked Aquaria since it was a cute name and it means of the water. It was perfect since they rescued her from the ocean. Tracy and Antonio are standing in the driveway with the rescue team.

Tracy is wearing a sleeveless floral print summer dress along with a matching pair of flats. Antonio is dressed in a suit, and his tie was in the school color. They fought with Anthony for ten minutes before they got him to wear dress slacks, a nice button down polo shirt and a pair a scuff-free dress shoes. Five minutes later they hear the elevator ding, and the team sees Anastasia walking up to them in cap and gown.

"Can we get some pictures?" Blades asks.

"We should wait till she gets her diploma," Tracy answers.

"Tracy, is right, We should get going," Antonio says.

The bots transform, Tracy slowly gets inside Animal Force then closes the door behind her. She looks down at the Com screen.

"Are you okay, partner?" Animal Force asks.

"Yes, Animal Force, I'm fine." Tracy answers.

The team arrives at the school after their partners get out the Bots transform again. Everyone heads over to the football field. The Bots stand behind the bleachers. While the humans take their seats, ten minutes later the processional song begins to play. Anthony shouts towards his sister when she walks past them. She points at him flashing a quick smile. Heatwave snaps a picture with his camera since he thought it was a good shot. The Vice President of the School, Erwin Bates, walks up to the podium,

"Welcome everyone to the commencement ceremony of Griffin Rock High School class of 2015," Erwin says.

After the applause and cheering die down, Erwin asks everyone to stand while the color guard presents the flag, senior class members of the choir sings the national anthem. Then the student body president leads everyone in the Pledge to the flag and the Griffin Rock Flag. Erwin motions for everyone to sit down as he introduces the Valedictorian.

"I'd like to introduce this year's' Valedictorian Anastasia Rosita Garcia," Edwin says.

Tracy smiles and lets a few tears of joy escape from her eyes as Anastasia walks up to the podium. She approaches the podium. After the student sits down, Erwin gives his speech to the students. Tracy tries not to cry hearing Edwin tell the students that their parents will always be there for them no matter where they go after they get their diplomas today. Two more members of the school board also had a kid that was graduating today, so they also give a speech to the class. Then the students in the first row of seats stand up.

Luna hears the faint sound of the metal supports of the table with two statues on it. One of the school's mascot and the other is the founder of Griffin Rock, Horace Burns, start to give. The puppy looks over at the stage and sees the table is about to give. She unclips her collar and runs over Boulder. She taps her paw three times on his right foot to get his attention. Then goes over to Animal Force and does the same thing. They turn around to see the puppy standing behind them.

"What's wrong, girl," Animal Force asks.

"Yeah, you're supposed to be on a leash," Boulder adds picking her up.

Luna points to the stage. The bots see what she is warning them about so Boulder quickly sets Luna down. She waits for one of them to say the command so she can do her job.

"Luna, rescue," Boulder and Animal Force says.

Luna runs up the path in between the chairs where the students are sitting. The student sitting next to Anastasia nudges her in the arm and says, "Hey Anastasia isn't that your puppy running up to the stage,"

"It can't be her. She is sitting with my family," Anastasia says.

She looks up towards the stage and sees Luna runs up the stairs. The puppy pushes Edith Andrews and Edwin out of the way just as the statue lands on the stage. The audience gasps in shock hearing Luna cry out in pain.

"Luna," Anastasia shouts.

Anastasia gets out of her seat and runs over to the stage. Boulder and Animal Force dash up to the stage too. Boulder carefully lifts up the mascot statue and sets it down in a safe place near the back of the stage. Animal Force helps Anastasia onto the stage. She takes off her cap so the tassel wouldn't block her vision while she got to work.

"Animal Force, you have an emergency kit along with your other supplies, right?" Anastasia asks.

"Yes," Animal Force answers handing the kit to her.

Anastasia sees Luna's front right leg is misshapen and her back left leg has a massive puncture wound. She treats the injury on Luna's back leg first. She sees Boulder is about to lift up the Horace statue and says, "Boulder, wait a second. If you take it off her leg, now Luna could bleed to death,"

"We can't just leave it on her leg," Boulder says.

"We aren't Boulder. Animal Force, I need your help," Anastasia says.

"Sure thing, what do you need me to do," Animal Force says.

"When I say Boulder, you slowly take the statue away. Animal force when I give you the signal, you put this bandage on Luna's leg and keep constant pressure on it while I make a tourniquet stop the bleeding," Anastasia says.

Meanwhile, Chief Burns tells the others to help the evacuate the area. Tracy runs over to her daughter after she told Antonio to go inside so Anastasia will have one of her parents to see her get in Diploma. She arrives to see Anastasia tieing off the tourniquet on Luna's right back leg and starting to put a splint on Luna's front leg.

"Great work, sweetie, but I need to get Luna out of here," Tracy says.

"Mom, I want to go with you. I'm still worried about Luna," Anastasia says.

"I know you are, sweetie, but I've already told your father to go inside. So, one of us will be able to see you walk across that stage to get your diploma," Tracy says.

"Okay, please call me after you get Luna to the clinic and give her a full exam," Anastasia says.

Tracy kisses Anastasia on the forehead then says,"I will honey, everyone is waiting," Anastasia nods, picks up her cap, then head inside the school. Tracy finishes check Luna over for any other injuries Anastasia may have missed when she first looked at her.

"Animal Force, vehicle mode, please. I need the stretcher. We need to get Luna to the clinic, stat." Tracy says.

Animal Force nods. He leaves the field and goes to the parking lot to transform, opens the back doors and activates his holoform. Tracy turns around and sees a 5'8'' tall twenty-year-old man with blue eyes and short brown hair wearing scrubs and a lab coat walk up to her pushing the stretcher.

"Animal Force, is that you?" Tracy asks.

"Yes, Tracy, it's me. Well, my holoform. Optimus explained to me that I have a program to create them back on the day we first met. Since everyone on this island knows who we are, I didn't think I have to use it." Animal Force answers.

"Okay, Animal Force, I'm going to go get some other supplies. Can you tell Boulder have to move Luna onto the stretcher without making her injuries worse," Tracy says.

"Sure thing," Animal Force says.

Tracy comes back with an IV bag and a needle filled with some pain medicine. She sees Boulder set Luna down on the stretcher. She gives Luna the pain medicine before putting the IV needle in the good front leg. Then she and Animal Force head back to the animal rescue van.

"Animal Force, I need to keep an eye on Luna's vitals while I drove to the clinic. Can you stay in the back with her?" Tracy asks.

"You got it, partner," Animal Force says.

Animal Force climbs into the back and helps Tracy get the stretcher inside. While he connected the rest of the equipment to Luna, Tracy closes the doors and gets into the driver's seat. She turns on the siren and pulls out the parking lot to head to the clinic.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 6: Tough Decisions​

Normal POV

Tracy pulls into the clinic's parking lot. One of the other Veterinarians, Dr. Henderson, and Vet Assistants, Angie Lopez walks up to her as she helps Animal Force take Luna out of the back of the ambulance.

"What happened to Luna?" Dr. Henderson asks.

"She rescued one of the students Edith Andrews and The Vice President of the School, Erwin Bates at Anastasia's graduation ceremony when two statues were about to fall on them." Tracy answers.

"Dr. Garcia, I'll take it from here. You should go back to the school, I know you'll want to get some pictures of your daughter with her diploma," Dr. Henderson says

Tracy knows Luna is in good hands with Dr, Henderson. After Luna they wheeled inside the clinic, Tracy closes the doors, climbs back into the driver's seat and drives back to the school to meet up with the others. Before she walks inside the school, Tracy puts her blue tooth inside her ear in case Dr. Henderson calls to tell her about Luna's condition. Anastasia pushes her way through the crowd in the cafeteria when she sees her mom walking in across the room.

"Mom, how is Luna doing?" Anastasia asks.

"I'm not sure yet sweetheart. Dr, Henderson hasn't called me yet, but as soon as he does, I'll tell you everything okay," Tracy answers.

They politely walk across the room back to the rest of the family and their friends. Then everyone walks back outside after getting a few family pictures, of their high school Graduate with her diploma in hand, well to them they family wasn't complete without Luna. Then everyone heads back to the firehouse. When Tracy pulls into the driveway her phone rings, she pressed the button on her blue tooth to answer it.

"What's wrong with Luna Dr. Henderson? Is she going to be alright?" Tracy asks.

"Luna is going to fine. She fractured her radius in right front leg. We can't be sure there is any nerve damage in her back leg without taking her to the mainland clinic to see the neurologist specialist team lead by Dr. Hughes and get an MRI done along with any other tests he suggests. Also, we gave her a blood transfusion to replace all the blood she lost from her injuries. I'm sorry I can't do more you Luna, but we don't have the technology of the trained staff to do it. I'd suggest we move Luna to the mainland clinic as soon as we can. It will aid in her recovery," Dr. Henderson says.

"Thank you, Dr. Henderson," Tracy says.

Tracy hangs up and walks inside the firehouse. She tries her best to stay professional and not to cry.

"What did Dr. Henderson tell you about Luna," Anastasia asks.

"Luna needs to go to the mainland clinic to see Dr. Hughes to make sure that she doesn't have any nerve damage in her back right leg," Tracy answers.

"But, mom, Luna hasn't been away from us ever," Anastasia says.

"I know sweetie, but this is what's best for Luna's recovery," Tracy says.

"I'll help you transfer Luna to the mainland," Animal Force says.

"Thank you, Animal Force, it would be faster if you used the ground bridge to get to the mainland. I'll contact Dr. Hughes and tell him to meet me outside the training center fence," Tracy says.

"Can we go too. mom?" Anastasia asks.

"Yeah, Luna is family," Anthony adds.

"You can come. On one condition, neither of you will badger Dr. Hughes or his team while they run all the test they need to on Luna, alright?" Tracy says.

"Deal," The Garcia kids say.

Tracy and Animal Force head back to the clinic to pick up Luna. They drive to the firehouse, The Garcia Family and the 'Bots drive into the ground bridge portal. When they arrive on the mainland, the team waits in the driveway for Doctor Hughes to show up.

"Where is Dr. Hughes, you told him to meet you here, right?" Anastasia asks.

"Yes I did Ana, but the mainland clinic is an hour away," Tracy answers.

"We should try to go there ourselves. Luna could get worse while we wait for Dr. Hughes to get here," Anastasia says.

"Anastasia, relax, Luna vitals are stable. We just have to be patient," Animal Force says reassuringly over Tracy's com-link.

Anastasia tries to get her mind off of waiting for Dr. Hughes arrival and Luna's condition. She takes a deep breath before she asks, "Mom, dad, how would you two feel if I decided to join the rescue team instead of going to college?"

"Honey, we talked about this before. Your father and I aren't going to pressure either of you to go into the career path we choose to do when we were your age. If this is what you feel is where you belong then we'll support your decision one hundred percent, right Antonio?" Tracy says.

"Yes, Anastasia, all we want for you and brother is for both of you to be able to trust your instincts. We've done our job teaching you how to treat others with respect. I know you'll be a great rescuer honey, no doubt," Antonio says.

"Who will Anastasia's partner?" Heatwave asks curiously.

"We can discuss things with Optimus after we deal with Luna's situation first," Tracy answers.

Heatwave and Quickshadow transform back to their vehicle mode when the group hears the honk of Dr. Hughes' car horn as he drives up. Tracy runs up to the car, and Dr. Hughes rolls down his window.

"Thank you so much for doing this Dr. Hughes,"

"Of course, just follow me to the clinic,"

"Got it, I'll tell the rest of my family to follow behind me then,"

~New Teammates~​

The team follows Tracy to the clinic. Dr. Hughes is in shock when he sees Animal Force's holoform as Tracy opens the back door of the rescue vehicle. "I was unaware you had an assistant,"

"He just started today," Tracy says.

"Yes, Dr. Hughes, I'm Alfredo. We should get Luna inside so you can start your exam Doctor," Animal Force says.

Dr. Hughes nods and helps them get the stretcher out. Tracy waves to him telling him that she'll be there in a minute. She turns around to close the doors.

"Sorry about using a lame human name, partner," Animal Force apologizes.

"It's fine Animal Force. Alfredo is a popular name for human boys,"

"You'll explain Luna's condition to me too once you find out anything new won't you," Animal Force asks.

"Of course I will partner,"

Tracy slowly closes the door. Then the rest of the Garcia family walk inside the clinic. They sit down in the waiting room and try to remain calm as they ponder what else could be wrong with their beloved puppy. Twenty minutes go by, and Dr. Hughes still hadn't come out, and the Garcia Family's anxiousness starts to build up. Tracy gets up from her chair and walks over to the receptionist desk.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Garcia. Could I go back and check on Dr. Hughes progress on his exam of my Shiba Inu puppy Luna," Tracy asks.

"Of course, he heading to the MRI room, It's the third room on the left after you turn right at the end of the hall," The receptionist says.

"Thank you," Tracy says.

She walks back over to her family and tells them where she is going. Anastasia quickly stands up and asks,"Can I come too,"

"Sorry, Ana, they don't let untrained personnel go in the room with the MRI machine in it,"

She leaves and follows the receptionist's directions to the MRI room. Dr. Hughes sees her walking up and meets her just as he was about to walk inside.

"You we're worried about Luna, right?" Dr, Hughes asks.

"Yes, and I was curious to see how Luna's MRI will turn out," Tracy answers.

They walk into the room. Dr. Hughes lets Tracy put Luna down onto patient table Dr. Hughes used some local anesthetic to put Luna to sleep so she wouldn't freak out and stay still during the procedure. They walk to the room with the computer that runs the machine. Dr. Hughes lets Tracy push the button to start it up, and they watch Luna go inside the tube. Fifteen minutes later Tracy presses the button again, and Luna comes out of the machine. Before Dr. Hughes explains the results of this test and others he ran on Luna to Tracy they wheel Luna to the recovery room. His assistant Annabelle Jackson tells them she'll keep an eye on Luna after she wakes up.

Tracy's POV

My family and I walk out to the parking lot. We are sad that to leave Luna at the clinic overnight since she hasn't been away from us ever. I know we have to for her health and welfare. Dr. Hughes said that Luna needs surgery on to repair the injuries on both of her legs. He suggests scheduling Luna's surgery in two weeks after she regains enough strength to make through the surgery. The only problem was Antonio, and I would have to use the money we been saving up to go on our second honeymoon to pay for it. We've been planning the trip for months, but we decided that Luna's health was more important than our trip to Paris.

We head back to the training center. The bots let us get out before they transform to robot mode and head inside to talk with Optimus. We see a Cybertronian spaceship on the landing pad. When we arrive at the ground bridge, I see three other robots we haven't meet before. One has a hand made of metal. The second is a blue robot with some pink details. I can tell it was a girl and she picked motorcycle as her vehicle mode. The third is another police robot but its a girl. I noticed she choose a jeep as her vehicle mode. I remember Bumblebee since Optimus told us about him and how he has become a leader of his own team of Autobots. Optimus gestures to them and says,"Hello, Garica Family, I'd like you to meet Ultra Magnus and Arcee. As well as Cadet Strongarm, she is Bumblebee partner,"

"Mom, are you going to send me to Cybertron, sweet," Anthony cheers as he dashes over to Optimus.

"Hold on a second young man. " Tracy says sternly.

"Yes, son, calm down, your mother and I have come to a decision on you getting your driver's license," Antonio adds using his arm to stop his energetic son from running over to Ultra Magnus.

"Wait, you're finally going to let me take the class," Anthony asks as his eyes light up with joy.

"Yes, your father and I have decided that we'll sign you up for driver's training after your birthday next month, Under one condition, if you can show us that you can be responsible enough to handle driving a car," Tracy says.

"How am I supposed to do that," Anthony sighs.

"Depending on where your father and I decide to send you, son. You have to promise us that you'll listen to the Autobot or Autobots in charge. Not to sneak out and no talking back. You've earned your spot in the class," Tracy explains.

"Can humans breathe the air on Cybertron?" Anastasia asks.

"Yes, they can. Ratchet along with some human scientist back in Jasper Nevada created a wearable oxygen converter," Optimus replies.

"Cool, I vote for sending Anthony to Cybertron. Maybe living on a different planet will help him realize how much he appreciates have such great parents to teach him the right way to act when he is an adult," Anastasia says with a sly grin.

"That is another good lesson for your brother to learn," Antonio agrees.

"Yeah, I don't want to starve to death before I even learn that lesson," Anthony snaps.

"Why are we here Lieutenant?" Strongarm asks.

Bumblebee looks over at Optimus before he answers his cadet's question and says, "Anastasia may want to join the rescue team. I think Optimus would like her to train with us to see what we do as well,"

"Mom, would you and dad be okay if I did go with Bumblebee and Strongarm," Anastasia asks.

Tracy paraphrases her answer from when her daughter first asked if she could join the rescue team when she says, "Anastasia, you're an adult now. Your father and I are done making decisions for you. Whatever you choose we'll support you,"

Optimus kneels down in front of Anastasia and asks, "So, Anastasia, what is your decision? Are you going to stay here on the mainland to train, or go with Bumblebee and Cadet Strongarm to train with their team?"

Last edited:

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I really admire the effort you're putting into these stories! It's incredible to see people so motivated.

It looks like you're doing some good character development. It's nice to see stories focused on that. I always enjoy character stuff in what tend to be plot-focused franchises.

I do have a couple of remarks. I notice you use a conversational tag after every single piece of dialogue. If conversations are just between two characters, you might want to drop them. Tone and voice can really help show how a scene plays out without having to describe everything. Not every sigh is important, and using tags a bit more sparingly might help the reader's imagination live up a bit more. Words like 'says' popping up every sentence can also take the rhythm out of a piece. That really goes for any word, be it a noun or a verb. It might be better to use some synonyms to refer to the same thing, but vary up the description a bit.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 7: Anastasia's Choice Part 1- More New Recruits​

Wingstar also own the new Autobot, Rescue, and the new human character, Ramona along with her brother Jasper and the new rescue animal Goldie the tawny eagle.

Normal POV

"I'm not sure Optimus. I need some time to consider all my options before I decide," Anastasia replies.

"Sounds like a fine idea to me," Strongarm says.

"It's good to see you again Bee," Arcee says.

"Why don't all of you stay in the training center for a while. There is plenty of room," Tracy suggests.

"We'd love to Ma'am, but the lieutenant and I need to get back to our team," Strongarm says.

"Cadet, I think it would be a good idea for you to learn how to work with humans," Bumblebee says.

"Sweet, I call first patrol riding along with Strongarm," Anthony says.

"Hold on just a second there kid. I haven't agreed to stay here," Strongarm says.

"Anthony Mindy Garcia, your father and I have told you that women are not possessions. Apologize to Strongarm right now," Tracy scolds.

Anthony walks over to Strongarm. She kneels down in front of him.

"I'm sorry Strongarm, I didn't mean to offend you," Anthony says.

"You were excited that's all. Besides, I think I'm going to like getting to know you and your family while I'm here," Strongarm says.

"So, Cadet Strongarm, you'll be staying on Griffin Rock with Chief Burns and his team for three weeks," Bumblebee says.

Chief Burns cleared his throat. "We also have a new set of partners coming in - a young Bot named Rescue and her partner Ramona Maoonja. She's from Australia and coming to train with us." He tells the group.

Heatwave exchanged a look with the other members of his team. "Another pair of femmes? Oh, this is just perfect." He grumbled.

The group is about to leave when their com-links go off.

"Go ahead Cody," Chief Burn says.

"I just go a call from the owner of the Griffin Rock Arms the building is on fire. I just checked the monitors and its spreading to the nearby business," Cody explains.

"We're on our way Cody, tell the owner to get all the tenants a safe distance away," Chief says.

"You got it, Dad," Cody says.

"Anthony, I want you and your sister to go home. Anastasia, you're in charge till you father and I get back," Tracy says.

"Mom, I don't need a babysitter I'm thirteen," Anthony says.

"Anthony, we don't have time to argue. The two of you are going back to the house," Tracy says sternly.

"Yes, Ma'am," The Garcia kid say.

"Good, let's get going," Tracy says.

"Can I ride with Arcee?" Anthony says.

"Arcee, would that be okay with you?" Tracy asks.

"Sure, he is different from my past human partner Jack," Arcee says.

"Hey, Heatwave, could I try one of the catchphrases I've been working on?" Bumblebee asks.

"Sure, Bee, it would be an honor," Heatwave answers.

"Great. Autobots, Let's roll and Rescue," Bumblebee says.

"Sorry, Bumblebee, but your catchphrase still needs some work," Tracy says.

"Yeah, it sounds too similar to Heatwave's," Kade adds.

"Okay, can we just transform please," Bumblebee sighs.

Ultra Magnus and Optimus stay in robot mode as the others transform. After the team returns to the firehouse the Rescue Bots, Bumblebee and Strongarm head to the apartment complex. Arcee follows Quickshadow to their house. The team arrives, and the rescue bots let their partners out before they transform. The group sees flames and smoke coming from a room on the third floor.

"Kade, I'll help you search the inside. While you search for any people and I'll see if any animals that any of the people living here may have had to leave behind," Tracy says.

Kade nods. He hands Tracy an extra oxygen tank and a mask along with a jacket. They run inside the building. Kade tells Tracy he'll search the first floor while she checks the second. Tracy nods and heads up the stairs.

Meanwhile, across town, an Australian cop car, Rescue, drives off the ferry. The driver Jasper Maoonja, Ramona's older brother, is driving Rescue to the Apartment complex. Goldie, a tawny eagle Jasper trained for rescue work. She is sitting on head rest on the back seat behind her trainer since she hates riding the carrier. Rescue allows it only if Goldie doesn't leave any 'presents' behind when she leaves. Ramona is tapping her fingers anxiously on her blue jean shorts.

"Remind me again, why I'm not allowed to drive Rescue?" Ramona asks.

"You don't have your license yet that's why." Jasper answers.

"I passed my road test last week, so I have my learner's permit, remember?" Ramona says.

Rescue pulls over to the side of the road since she knows the Ramona is about to try to convince her brother to let her drive. Ramona looks over at her older brother. Jasper turns his head and sees his sister's green eyes sparkle as she makes her sad face.

"Nice Try, Ramona, but if you can't get mom and dad to fall for that face what makes you think I will?" Jasper chuckles.

"Pretty, please," Ramona says in a small voice.

"Fine, I'll let you drive Rescue after we meet the others," Jasper sighs.

"Thank you," Ramona says with a big smile on her face.

Rescue pulls back onto the road and heads off to the coordinates Optimus gave her when he briefed them at the training facility. They pull up and are greeted by shocked expressions when they see the new 'bot and the two humans walk up. Goldie perched herself on Jasper's right arm which has the glove on it that protects it from her talons.

"Hi, everyone I'm Ramona. The eagle is Goldie. She's trained for search and rescue. My older brother Jasper spent the past few months training her." Ramona says.

Jasper raises his right arm towards the open window on the second floor. Jasper says,"Ramona, we can finish this meet and greet later. Goldie, Kalwan."

The group gasps in disbelief as they see Goldie fly off towards the building and straight through the flames.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Chapter 8: Anastasia's Choice Part 2, - Goldie's Rescue​

AN: I didn't write Rescue's  explanation of how she become a Rescue Bot Wingstar did. 

Normal POV

Tracy walks down the hallway and searches all the room. She didn't find anyone, so heads back downstairs to meet back up with Kade. As she approaches the stairs, Tracy checks her oxygen tanks pressure on the gauge. It reads that she has about two minutes of air left. The Veterinarian thinks she is beginning to hallucinate from her oxygen running low and the heat from the flames getting closer to her when she sees Goldie fly up the stairs and lands in front of her. Then she sees the Eagle point her right wing towards the stairs. Tracy starts to stumble as she begins to heads down the stairs.

Meanwhile downstairs Kade catches a glimpse of Goldie as she flaps her wings and blows away some of the smoke as Tracy approaches him. Kade runs up to her when she starts to fall towards the floor. Goldie continues to use the wind from her flapping wings to blow away the smoke.

"Tracy, wake up," Kade shouts.

Tracy opens her eyes long enough and summons all the strength she has left to point at the gauge on her oxygen tank. Kade watches her loose consciousness again after he reads the gauge and sees that Tracy's oxygen tank is empty. Kade takes off his mask and puts it on Tracy's mouth. He hears Tracy moan as she starts to wake up as the oxygen begins to flow back into her lungs.

"Tracy, don't talk. We need to get out of here." Kade says.

Kade helps her stand up, and they walk back outside the building. Outside with the Rescue Bots, Heatwave is doing his best to get the fire contained, but the fire is spreading too fast. Goldie flies over to Jasper and lands on his gloved arm. Rescue sees Kade and Tracy approach the doorway. She wants to warn the others about the support beam is about to give way, but there wasn't enough time. The new 'Bot runs over to the doorway and picks up Kade and Tracy. She sets them on the ground in front of Medic and Antonio.

Antonio gives the two a check up. He tells Kade that he'll take Tracy to see Dr. McSwain to make sure that she's okay to be on the safe side.  Kade goes over to Heatwave as the others continue to struggle to fight the fire. Five minutes later they finally put out the fire and head back to the firehouse to get to know the new Autobot and humans. 

"Shouldn't we wait for Antonio and Tracy and their partners to return before we hear the newbies story?" Heatwave asks.

A few seconds later the group hears Medic pull up. He lets Antonio get out before transforming, and they walk up to the group. 

"Antonio, it Tracy going to be okay?" Animal Force asks.

"Yes, Animal Force. Dr. McSwain is treating her for smoke inhalation." Antonio answers.

"When will she be released?" Heatwave asks.

"Tomorrow," Antonio says.

"So, Rescue, when did you become a rescue Bot?" Heatwave asks. 

Rescue blushed a bit and rubbed the back of her helm. "Because of my parents actually. My Carrier was a medic and my Sire was a Wrecker. He was killed in the line of duty during the war. I wanted to become a Rescue Bot to do my part to help others." She explained, a little nervous being around so many new people.

Three days later Optimus and Anastasia are at the training center on the mainland in front of the ground bridge.  She decided to leave Griffin Rock to train with Bumblebee and his team. The group drives up to the training center. Tracy gets out of Animal Force and carries Luna as she walks inside. She puts Luna down next to Servo. 

"So, Anastasia, are you staying here on Griffin Rock?" Blades asks.

"No, Blades, I think I'd learn more about myself and helping others if I go with Bumblebee to train with his team," Anastasia says.

"Bumblebee, I'm still staying here in Griffin Rock aren't I?" Strongarm asks.

Bumblebee nods. Luna slowly stands up. Servo helps Luna walk over to Anastasia. The Cybertronian helper bot lets her use him a brace since Luna's legs are still sore from her surgery.  The two sit down next to the oldest Garcia child.  

"I think Luna wants to go with you,"  Kade says.

"Can she come with me, mom? I'll take good care of her," Anastasia says.

"I know you would Anastasia, but Luna is going to need physical therapy after Dr. Hughes says that she's ready. I'm afraid that means she has to stay." Tracy answers.

"Plus, we don't know if it's safe for animals to go through the ground bridge," Antonio adds.

Anastasia kneels down and pets Luna. She puts her front paws on Anastasia right knee and licks her face. Then the puppy sits back down. Anastasia picks her up and carries Luna over to her mom. Tracy takes Luna out of her daughter's arms and sets her back down on the floor next to Antonio's right foot.

"I'll be careful, mom, I promise," Anastasia says.

"I know you will Anastasia," Tracy says with tears beginning to form in her eyes. 

Tracy hugs her daughter goodbye then kiss her on the forehead. After Anastasia says goodbye to everyone, she and Bumblebee step onto the ramp leading to the ground bridge. Salvage programs in the coordinates for Bumblebee's HQ and turns it on. Tracy and Antonio watch proudly as their daughter starts the newest chapter in her life as she enters the portal alongside Bumblebee. 

Back