The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Pokémon Gaming Central
Catch 'Em All Club!

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Old April 13th, 2017 (4:33 PM).
regular ghost

Nature: Quiet
    Name/Nickname: yuichips
    Current Progress:
    Any other information you'd like to include: I don't want to be a competitive trainer, but I enjoy battling. While I try not to care about stats, my best answer is trying out all of my pokemon. I also don't have a personal favorite one because I can't choose, so I love them all. Such small things gives me a liking to capture and meet every kind of pokemon. This is my first dex, and I expect it to be filled sometime.
    This is getting big but, I think Alola is great because there's a lot of diversity in the pokemon throughout the game imo, allowing you to get previous gens pokemon much easier than before. I like this. I expected the national pokedex to be included too, but oh well. Sorry, it's over already.
    Old April 13th, 2017 (5:02 PM).

Nature: Quirky
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kumo Teto View Post
    Current Progress:
    Any other information you'd like to include: I don't want to be a competitive trainer, but I enjoy battling. While I try not to care about stats, my best answer is trying out all of my pokemon. I also don't have a personal favorite one because I can't choose, so I love them all. Such small things gives me a liking to capture and meet every kind of pokemon. This is my first dex, and I expect it to be filled sometime.
    This is getting big but, I think Alola is great because there's a lot of diversity in the pokemon throughout the game imo, allowing you to get previous gens pokemon much easier than before. I like this. I expected the national pokedex to be included too, but oh well. Sorry, it's over already.
    welcome to the club yurichips! :)
    Old April 14th, 2017 (3:16 PM).
    Unprofessional Unprofessional

Nature: Adamant
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Kumo Teto View Post
      Current Progress:
      Welcome aboard! Since this is your first dex, it'll be tough. Good luck!
      Living Pokedex Complete: Y, C, LG, E, Pl, HG, B, B2, X, Y, OR, AS, M, UM
      Big thanks especially to DestinedJagold, Xerneas_X, Elements1 and ~RNC~

PM me if you want to trade, or add my FC.
      Old April 16th, 2017 (8:25 AM). Edited April 26th, 2017 by Kumo Teto.
      regular ghost

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ShyRayq View Post
        Welcome aboard! Since this is your first dex, it'll be tough. Good luck!
        Will be entertained at it!
        Oh, forgot to insert my progress. As of now: Alola 65%. Almost everything missing are evolutions, so I'm working on it. For the national dex I'm not sure yet.
        Been a little busy so I'm still at 67%. I started evolving my pokemon at Poni Island, and I preffer it over repeating the elite four. Also, just realized how it's easier to raise traded pokemon. I'm not trading in order to complete, guess I like the feeling of evolving too.
        Old May 13th, 2017 (9:17 PM).

I've decided to go replay the Gen 6 games in order to obtain new copies of all the legendary Pokemon available within. I traded away most of the originals in order to complete the Alola Dex as quickly as possible, so now if I want to complete the national Dex I'm gonna have to get them again, whoops.

How are the rest of you doing with your collections?
        Old May 13th, 2017 (10:43 PM).
        Empty Chairs at Empty Tables

I keep meaning to post in here...

Name/Nickname: Meyneth
        Current Progress: WIP.
        Any other information you'd like to include: See below! Because I like paragraphs.

Yeah, as I said, I've been meaning to post in here for a while, because the only enjoyment I get out of Pokemon games these days is through collecting one of everything. I kinda cheated with Moon, because I wound up transferring my 6th Gen mons over - which was a good 2/3 of the National Dex, after I raided my 5th gen games too - and breeding/trading for what I didn't have. There are a lot of cloned Palkia around the world right now. So a lot of my 7th gen stuff isn't actually mine. Derp.

But that's OK, because I hated Gen VII, and I wanted to spend as little time on Moon as possible...took me a little over 50 hours to get a full 7th Gen National Dex on Bank in the end. But! I have decided to do things properly in Gen VI now, since I'm kinda motivated for some weird reason - I DID want to get back into the franchise, though - and it's something to do. Operation Gen VI Living Dex is go! My rules are as follows:

- With the exception of Event Pokemon, all Pokemon must have my name (Dawn) as the OT. Obviously the trainer ID will vary, although asides from version exclusives and one-per-game Pokemon (starters and Legendary Birds) the primary trainer IDs will be from my first playthroughs of OR and X. These will be the ones I don't restart.
        - Everything must be caught. Exceptions to this are things I need to breed due to not being obtainable any other way (excluding any Friend Safari exclusives, because I am not hunting online for the right safari) and starters, because three times each for XY and ORAS is quite enough.
        - For the moment, this does not include forme differences...because if it did I would need to play ORAS four times to get one of every Deoxys, and I think I'd cry if I had to do that. Plus there is the Unown problem. Living Dex completion comes first, and if I make it that far, I'll see how I feel about hunting for Unown and play AS for a third time.
        - No Master Balls for Legendaries, unless they're shiny. Going to regret this one before it's over I think...
        - Obviously, no cheating. Although I don't have any software I can use to hack my 3DS anyway, so it's a moot point.

That's about it. This is probably going to take me all year if I stick with it, and be interrupted constantly by other games (I want to finish 50 games this year, and I have currently finished 23, so I have lots left to do...plus there's a lot coming out I want to play) but I'm going to make a good effort of it.

I currently have 33 Pokemon boxed in Omega Ruby, and 3 badges. Long way to go yet. xD;

...can I join, btw? /shot
        Old May 13th, 2017 (10:52 PM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Meyneth View Post
        snip
        you're in! the rules sound interesting; I was certainly a lot more liberal with trading and breeding when trying to complete my Alola Dex, but I may do some kind of similar challenge for the National Dex. I'd love to hear more updates as you progress! I'll add you to the members list.
        Old May 14th, 2017 (2:49 AM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
        you're in! the rules sound interesting; I was certainly a lot more liberal with trading and breeding when trying to complete my Alola Dex, but I may do some kind of similar challenge for the National Dex. I'd love to hear more updates as you progress! I'll add you to the members list.
        Ta~

I think what put me off the most with Gen VII is that you can't actually get everything in Gen VII games - something like 500 Pokemon are unavailable? - and once you transfer stuff over, you can't transfer it back. So I just kinda lost interest and ended up going crazy with breeding and GTS. If/when we get Gen IV remakes, or another Gen VII game that adds more/all the remaining Pokemon, I will probably make another Gen VII Living Dex...probably.

I'm going to keep a google doc of what I've got if I can ever sort it out, I'll keep you posted :o
        Old May 14th, 2017 (9:52 AM).
        The typo Queen

Nature: Calm
        My SM Pokedex is now at... 86% I think? It's going well. I play maybe once a week.
        Old May 15th, 2017 (7:41 PM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Mawa View Post
          My SM Pokedex is now at... 86% I think? It's going well. I play maybe once a week.
          Oh that's pretty close to completion. What have you got left? Trade evolutions?

Old May 16th, 2017 (5:01 PM).
          The typo Queen

Nature: Calm
          Quote:
          Oh that's pretty close to completion. What have you got left? Trade evolutions?
          Some trade evo, the fossils (I got them, just need to go where I can make the revive) and two Pokemon I need, then I can breed them or evolve them - but I don't remmeber which two Pokemon there are I would have to check again. Oh and Tapu Bulu.

Does the Ultra Beast counts in the Pokedex? I haven't caught one yet.
          Old May 17th, 2017 (2:23 PM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Mawa View Post
            Some trade evo, the fossils (I got them, just need to go where I can make the revive) and two Pokemon I need, then I can breed them or evolve them - but I don't remmeber which two Pokemon there are I would have to check again. Oh and Tapu Bulu.

Does the Ultra Beast counts in the Pokedex? I haven't caught one yet.
            Just in case:
            Spoiler:
            Yes, all 7 of them are in the Pokedex. Also Necrozma

Old May 18th, 2017 (11:47 PM).

OK let me post this in the right thread this time =/

Random progress update from me: I have all 8 Gym Badges in Omega Ruby and, rather than grind my team up to Level 60 and take on the E4 and Delta episode, I decided to go on a Legendary catching spree. So far I've caught the Lake Guardians, Cobalion (goddamn nuisance), Virizion, Tornadus, Palkia (this one was annoying too) and Reshiram (who refused to stay in the ball when asleep but went straight in when awake...huh) and I might go after Heatran next before Ho-Oh and the beasts. I also caught them all with Ultra Balls. Go me.

It's been surprisingly painless...mostly. Whhhhyyyyy must everything have a Catch Rate of 3. Whyyyy. I'm running out of money. Soon I will HAVE to do the Elite Four, if only to replenish my reserves...which will then get spent on Ultra Balls to catch Deoxys. Can anyone tell me if that thing has a Catch Rate of 3 as well? I know Rayquaza doesn't since it's a mandatory catch, but Deoxys is another matter entirely...

Still working on that google doc. Will upload it soon and post it in here as a more tangible progress tracker, haha. Still motivated. That'll probably change when I start playing Y and Alpha Sapphire...twice each. I'm not Super Training my team every time. who am I even kidding I totally will

Was actually contemplating taking pics of everything for proof - because you can't screenshot Pokemon on the New 3DS for some stupid reason - but...probably too much effort. I don't think anyone cares THAT much, even though I'm following guidelines and must be taken at my word. Will have to see. If I'm going to start it should be sooner rather than later...

Oh! I need to go get the Regis, too. But I don't have a Wailord yet. Excluding starters, I will need to breed for 22 Pokemon, which is less than I thought. Most of them are babies. Dunno how many are evolution only.
            Old June 24th, 2017 (8:42 PM).

I wonder if USUM will continue SM's weird no national dex thing. Either way I'm definitely gonna try to complete that game's dex when it comes around in november. Excited c:
            Old July 17th, 2017 (12:38 PM).

Name/Nickname: Himuraforever
              Current Progress: Completed the Moon Dex, now I'm trying to get as many of the Shiny versions as I can!

In Game Name: Kessiandra
              Friend Code: 5472 - 7671 - 0463
              Friend Safari: Fire (Pansear, Larvesta, Braxien)
              Old July 17th, 2017 (9:36 PM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Himuraforever View Post
              Name/Nickname: Himuraforever
              Current Progress: Completed the Moon Dex, now I'm trying to get as many of the Shiny versions as I can!
              Added to the list! Welcome, how's the shinydex coming along so far?
              Old July 18th, 2017 (6:05 AM).

Nature: Hasty
                Name/Nickname: CF1994
                Current Progress: 720/721 (Omega Ruby)
                Any other information you'd like to include: Got my diploma for completing the entire PokéDex, and both Charms to help with my breeding. Disappointed with the lack of Volcanion distribution though, since Diancie and Hoopa both had one.
                Old July 18th, 2017 (9:10 AM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
                  Added to the list! Welcome, how's the shinydex coming along so far?
                  I have 76 separate Pokemon I've hatched/caught/traded, um, should I separate them by what region they're from, or what game?

Old July 18th, 2017 (1:02 PM).

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by CF1994 View Post
                    Name/Nickname: CF1994
                    Current Progress: 720/721 (Omega Ruby)
                    Any other information you'd like to include: Got my diploma for completing the entire PokéDex, and both Charms to help with my breeding. Disappointed with the lack of Volcanion distribution though, since Diancie and Hoopa both had one.
                    I believe Volcanion had a distribution in most regions, around October of last year.

Old July 19th, 2017 (9:48 AM).

Just a question/request: Does anyone have Kyogre from the original R/S/E? I need its data for my Y game to complete the national dex, then I can start shiny hunting there!

P.S., where do you find the friend code on the 3DS? It's been so long I've forgotten!

Old July 19th, 2017 (10:59 AM).
                      Charmander!

Nature: Relaxed
                        I would like to participate in this, I like catching Pokemon but the new SOS feature really makes it complicated. :(

Name/Nickname: Razoozle
                        Current Progress: 16%
                        Any other information you'd like to include: I have 50 caught and 139 Pokemon seen. :)
                        Old July 19th, 2017 (1:16 PM).

Quote:
                          Just a question/request: Does anyone have Kyogre from the original R/S/E? I need its data for my Y game to complete the national dex, then I can start shiny hunting there!

P.S., where do you find the friend code on the 3DS? It's been so long I've forgotten!
                          On the main 3ds screen, click the orange face near the top. The first card should be your user and will list your friend code. I'm assuming you just mean any Kyogre, unless you're very strict about where your pokemon come from. Unfortunately, my friend list is full atm, so sorry about that.

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Razoozle View Post
                          I would like to participate in this, I like catching Pokemon but the new SOS feature really makes it complicated. :(

Name/Nickname: Razoozle
                          Current Progress: 16%
                          Any other information you'd like to include: I have 50 caught and 139 Pokemon seen. :)
                          Welcome to the club! 16% is already good progress. The SOS-exclusive pokemon can be hard to come by, but a bit of patience and preparation will simplify it.

Old July 19th, 2017 (4:52 PM).

Quote:
                            On the main 3ds screen, click the orange face near the top. The first card should be your user and will list your friend code. I'm assuming you just mean any Kyogre, unless you're very strict about where your pokemon come from. Unfortunately, my friend list is full atm, so sorry about that.
                            Thanks for the info, and yes, it has to be from RSE because the Kyogre from ORAS isn't backwards compatible.

Old July 19th, 2017 (11:59 PM).

Quote:
                              Thanks for the info, and yes, it has to be from RSE because the Kyogre from ORAS isn't backwards compatible.
                              Wouldn't it only be non-compatible if it had Origin Pulse? If you deleted that move, it should be able to be transferred over.

Old July 20th, 2017 (10:57 AM). Edited July 20th, 2017 by Himuraforever.

Quote:
                                Wouldn't it only be non-compatible if it had Origin Pulse? If you deleted that move, it should be able to be transferred over.
                                Rayquaza and Groudon are the same. Are you sure that's it's just because of a single move?

[Edit] Oh, so it's because of moves which weren't in the former games like Origin Pulse and Dragon Descent?! Wow, thanks for the advice! I never knew this, or else I would've been able to complete the Y Dex long before this!

Update: Now I've completed the National Dex for my Y game! Hooray!

Quick Reply