• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Erika's Gloom misprint?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 17, 2017
I've been looking for one like it but no luck. It's Erika's Gloom from the Gym Heroes expansion, with the lower half of the card discolored (missing yellow ink it seems)

IMG_20171217_154907482.jpg

Anyone know if it's worth anything?

Years
I've been looking for one like it but no luck. It's Erika's Gloom from the Gym Heroes expansion, with the lower half of the card discolored (missing yellow ink it seems)

IMG_20171217_154907482.jpg

Anyone know if it's worth anything?

Probably not worth any more than the normal version as it's probably a one-off defect that is impossible to confirm as an actual legit factory error.

Though that almost looks to me like the color got washed out.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Probably won't go for much with those dings, but it appears that the printer ran-out of yellow ink halfway through. I've seen a few cards printed completely with low ink, but I think this is my first time seeing a midway-printed one. Pretty neat.

If you're wondering why the whole border is still solid yellow, those seem to be printed separately (or at least from a different ink cartridge) from the rest of the card for some reason. (If you look-up "blank Pokémon card misprint," you'll notice that they all have borders.)

Last edited:
Back