• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR. MR. MR. ATOM.

ehsGweyisgh
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Dec 4, 2009
What is the number for Oak's INTRO sprite (the bigger one) in UNLZ?

EDIT: nevermind, I found it.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hello everyone. Good day.

I have a question concerning about my hack.
I have excluded the Secret Bases in my hack, and so planned to use the Secret bases for extra rooms, however...

Everytime I enter the new house (the interior is a remapped interior area of a house from a Secret Base), it still asks if I want to make this a secret base...
So.., my question is.., how can I remove that..?

thanks...

MR. MR. MR. ATOM.

ehsGweyisgh
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Dec 4, 2009
How do I host images? Say I would want to host some sprites... do I need a website?
(And i'm not talking about Photobucket or Imageshack).

And what would be a PROPER way to index a sprite?

Thanks.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014

I have excluded the Secret Bases in my hack, and so planned to use the Secret bases for extra rooms, however...

Everytime I enter the new house (the interior is a remapped interior area of a house from a Secret Base), it still asks if I want to make this a secret base...

thanks...
Ok well I think I know how to solve this,
Go to header view in a-map, go to map options and there will be type, it will be set to 09 ???, just change it to indoors!
and you are done! Nice helping you
have a nice day!

~Celebi

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I already did that. Still it happens, but I'll try again. Thanks.

neosam1212

わたしわ neosam1212 で?
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2007
Problem with hacking firered. I am having a problem with my rom hack for pokemon firered. I changed the starters to bulbusaur (rival's pokemon charmander) Totodile (Rival's pokemon Chikorita) and Torchic (Rival's pokemon mudkip. But with totodile and it's rival, and Torchic and it's rival. Any information would be helpful.

Years

thanks...

I think it's probably found in the level script. I only know a little bit about level scripts, but probably not enough to figure out how to fix that problem. I'll still try and I'll let you know if I can fiond anything.

Problem with hacking firered. I am having a problem with my rom hack for pokemon firered. I changed the starters to bulbusaur (rival's pokemon charmander) Totodile (Rival's pokemon Chikorita) and Torchic (Rival's pokemon mudkip. But with totodile and it's rival, and Torchic and it's rival. Any information would be helpful.

Okay.
You pick, Bulbasaur; Rival get's Charmander
You pick, Totodile; Rival get's Chikorita
You pick, Torchic; Rival get's Mudkip
What's the problem? You haven't said what the problem is.
You've just said, "with totodile and it's rival, and Torchic and it's rival." It doesn't make any sense. Think about what you're trying to say and then post again.

Hellsing

The bird of Hermes is my name
Years
Yeah, uh.. I really got confused after I read my previous posts so I'm going to post a CLEAR question here. How do I insert a give pokemon script in the intro of RSE?

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2009
I happen to have several questions, so I suppose I'll list them.

1. Where may I find Poke Script or a program similar to it? I've searched many times and have come up empty-handed. :(

2. What program would I need to edit a trainer's "in-battle" and overworld sprite? (please note I'm not referring to my or the "main" character.

3. What program would I need to edit my "main" character's overworld, "in-battle", and back-sprite? :P

4. [Once I get the script editing program], could somebody give me a tutorial on what I would need to do to make a script I would need to make a trainer battle me, then the exact same character battle me again, but as a Pokemon? [I can handle editing the Pokedex entry, etc. and that I'll need to place the sprite in two seperate areas, so please do not elaborate in this area].

Thanks in advance. :)

EDIT: This is all for a Pokemon Sapphire (GBA) ROM. ;)

Hellsing

Years
you mean the birch intro?

Yeah, the Birch intro. Where he introduces the Pokemon world.

I happen to have several questions, so I suppose I'll list them.

1. Where may I find Poke Script or a program similar to it? I've searched many times and have come up empty-handed. :(

2. What program would I need to edit a trainer's "in-battle" and overworld sprite? (please note I'm not referring to my or the "main" character.

3. What program would I need to edit my "main" character's overworld, "in-battle", and back-sprite? :P

4. [Once I get the script editing program], could somebody give me a tutorial on what I would need to do to make a script I would need to make a trainer battle me, then the exact same character battle me again, but as a Pokemon? [I can handle editing the Pokedex entry, etc. and that I'll need to place the sprite in two seperate areas, so please do not elaborate in this area].

Thanks in advance. :)

EDIT: This is all for a Pokemon Sapphire (GBA) ROM. ;)

1. You can download them here at www.freewebs.com/birminstudios/pokescript.exe.
And for that you need Pkmnadv : www.freewebs.com/birminstudios/pkmadv.exe.

2. You can use unLZ to export then edit, then import any trainers sprite. Then you can use PET to edit which sprite you want for which battle. For Sapphire start searching at 1290+. You can edit the Overworlds with Hackmew's Overworldeditor RE.

3. Same as 2, but the main character is located at 1294-1295 (unLZ).

4. Spenceroone3 has a pretty thorough tutorial on Pokescript.

EDIT: The links don't work. Just type in the address of the site.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
I'm not sure if I can ask this but I have a problem. I've been on my computer all day reading threads, visiting other sites, downloading numerous tools, and reading tutorial after tutorial but no matter what I do, I can't seem to get the "enable National Dex" thing for FR/LG to work. I am new at this too but I'd like to think I've learned alot today, but not enough.

I have only 2 requests

1) Can someone walk me through getting the National Dex enabled?
or
2) Can someone give me a Fire Red patch with no changes except for having National Dex always enabled?

Thank you for your time if either of my requests are fufilled and I apologize if I'm violating any rules (though I read them and this seems to be allowed)

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
Reposting my questions since I didn't get much (useful) help last time. :/

How do I make an OW appear once a flag is set?

Also, is it possible to make certain OWs have the property to be walked on? (like the boulders in Clair's gym)

Hellsing

Years
how do I change all the sprites (like the overworld, Backsprites, Trainer, ect)?

I already answered this. Use unLZ to find the sprites, then edit them with Tile Molester or TLP. As for the overworlds, use Overworld Editor RE.

Reposting my questions since I didn't get much (useful) help last time. :/

For the boulders in Clairs gym, I don't think they're Overworlds. I don't hack gold, but you should be able to change the movement permissions if they're tiles.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2009
Yeah, the Birch intro. Where he introduces the Pokemon world.

1. You can download them here at .
And for that you need Pkmnadv .

2. You can use unLZ to export then edit, then import any trainers sprite. Then you can use PET to edit which sprite you want for which battle. For Sapphire start searching at 1290+. You can edit the Overworlds with Hackmew's Overworldeditor RE.

3. Same as 2, but the main character is located at 1294-1295 (unLZ).

4. Spenceroone3 has a pretty thorough tutorial on Pokescript.

EDIT: The links don't work. Just type in the address of the site.

[On question 3] I can't seem to find the overworld sprites of any characters. I may simply be overlooking them....would somebody happen to know the area in which I could find them?

Years
Pkay, I am having a map overlapping problem. Some maps overlap themselves and others overlap others. Now, this only recently started happening (Which is right after I just inserted the new tileset). I have already tried reinserting the map and redoing the connections, and none of them have worked.

----->

Last edited:

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Ok i got a probolem I was using scripted and i edited the scrript on birches wife and I needed to re-point it and I said yes but the this message popped up

The text-pointer wasn't found
The text cannot be edited

so whaty do I do?

Hellsing

Years
[On question 3] I can't seem to find the overworld sprites of any characters. I may simply be overlooking them....would somebody happen to know the area in which I could find them?

What do you mean? You can't find the Overworld sprites you want?

Tony the Awesome

mi nombre es tony
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2010
In Sappy,When you add music,there is a base destination offset,what is it?
how wuld i knoww the offset?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back