• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LSA's complete multi-choice editor

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Hey guys, trying to insert my own custom multichoices at the moment and Im having a bit of a hard time with it. Im trying to use LSA's program to do it but I cant seem to get it to work. Just like the guide says Ive made a script that looks like this

#dynamic 0x900000

#org @gen1.1
= Gen 1.1

#org @gen1.2
= Gen 1.2

#org @gen2.1
= Gen 2.1

#org @gen3.1
= Gen 3.1

#org @gen3.2
= Gen 3.2

compiled and copied the offsets of each into LSA's complete multi-choice editor. I changed box # 00 to 5 options from 3, and itll let me edit the text of the first 3 boxes but I cant edit the text of the 2 new options Ive added. Whereas previously when my script would reach the point of having the player select their multichoice it would say "Slateport, Petalburg, Exit" like the original box would, now it just freezes when you click on the NPC after editing the choice in LSAs editor.

I would like to think Ive learned enough about scripting at this point to not be a noob about it anymore, so I hope I explained my issue well enough. If anyone can help I can provide more details/screenshots/etc etc, any help would be really appreciated!

Bladecraft

It's written "Bladecraft" on my forehead.
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020
I actually have no idea what's the purpose of your script...
A multi choice script looks like this:
Spoiler:

Anyways, the tool is annoying to use, but it gets the job done.
Here is my advice to you:
1. Remember that the tool counts in Hex and not in Decimal
2. Repoint the boxes to get more boxes and only use new ones
3. Don't trust the program in getting free space, find it yourself, especially in the text portion as it does not find free space correctly.
4. When you're editing a box, after setting the number of choices you need, put the offset of free space for the text on the first choice, then, press the text box which has like 85000/85000 or something like that, press ctrl+A and then delete, you then may write freely in said choice, when you're done, press save and save that one choice. Add the next free space for text in the next choice, rinse and repeat until you're done.
5. Hack Emerald if you aren't already.

Good luck.

Delta231

A noob
Years
I actually have no idea what's the purpose of your script...
A multi choice script looks like this:
Spoiler:

Anyways, the tool is annoying to use, but it gets the job done.
Here is my advice to you:
1. Remember that the tool counts in Hex and not in Decimal
2. Repoint the boxes to get more boxes and only use new ones
3. Don't trust the program in getting free space, find it yourself, especially in the text portion as it does not find free space correctly.
4. When you're editing a box, after setting the number of choices you need, put the offset of free space for the text on the first choice, then, press the text box which has like 85000/85000 or something like that, press ctrl+A and then delete, you then may write freely in said choice, when you're done, press save and save that one choice. Add the next free space for text in the next choice, rinse and repeat until you're done.
5. Hack Emerald if you aren't already.

Good luck.

You can't just force someone can you?? >:)

Aryan 10

Battle Legend
Years
Hey guys, trying to insert my own custom multichoices at the moment and Im having a bit of a hard time with it. Im trying to use LSA's program to do it but I cant seem to get it to work. Just like the guide says Ive made a script that looks like this

#dynamic 0x900000

#org @gen1.1
= Gen 1.1

#org @gen1.2
= Gen 1.2

#org @gen2.1
= Gen 2.1

#org @gen3.1
= Gen 3.1

#org @gen3.2
= Gen 3.2

compiled and copied the offsets of each into LSA's complete multi-choice editor. I changed box # 00 to 5 options from 3, and itll let me edit the text of the first 3 boxes but I cant edit the text of the 2 new options Ive added. Whereas previously when my script would reach the point of having the player select their multichoice it would say "Slateport, Petalburg, Exit" like the original box would, now it just freezes when you click on the NPC after editing the choice in LSAs editor.

I would like to think Ive learned enough about scripting at this point to not be a noob about it anymore, so I hope I explained my issue well enough. If anyone can help I can provide more details/screenshots/etc etc, any help would be really appreciated!

Just insert the text manually as hex in a hex editor, then change the pointers and then hit the save button.

Back