• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon expedition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Nice screens again Kyledove! What are the little event boxes for though? Pokemon?

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
Good..better....GREAT SCREENS!
*Runs off and throws a piece of paper into the sky and wishes that Jirachi catches it and that Peekimon has the same graphical talents as Kyledove's.....*

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Hmmm, I'm sorry but that's just too awesome for words. Therefore, I'll try and get an early cut-off point to this post.

--HERE--

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
That is really cool! Custom stuff, yet it has the Pokemon feel to it. I know I've said this before, but you really need to hook up Nintendo with your talents!

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Aww thanks but for one, most game making companies working for nintendo, that and if I showed them how good I was at stuff they could sue me for copyright infringement XD
and yeah I make all graphics myself.

(though...I could delete all the things that actualy relate to pokemon and then itd be mine =o)

Naito

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
I have some ideas that might work out.

1. If a pokemon spots you while you're trying to take its photo close, it will try to attack you.At that time you will have a health meter intill the pokemon stops attacking.If the meter is empty because of the pokemon hitting you too much, you faint and start back at the beginning of the mission.There are several items you can find after the first mission that can help you prevent fainting.

2. One of the final missions is that you're on a hidden island and you have to take photos of all legendary pokemon except the legendary entei, suicune, and rakiou.The pokemon are in several areas on the island that suit the pokemon.(Like that groundon is in an cave near a volcano on the island, and kyogre is in an cave filled with water.But pokemon like celebi, mew, jirachi, and deoxys will be on any part of the island).

3. After beating the game, you can take photos of entei, suicune, and rakiou which will run around any area.If they sence you, they will run to a different mission area.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Well the thing is that I dont know if you read all my posts, but its not about taking photos and thats it, there are certain pokemon you have to take photos off and for certain reasons, but I might put them in as sidequests since they sound fun, I especially love your first idea, the health meter sounds like just what I needed to make the game more challenging!
The first demo will probably have the swamp and the forest, and be quite small game cos its supposed to be like a minigame but bigger.
Hopefully once I finish the swamp and some more sprites like the photos my friend can add the coding and you can all play!

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
I know a good idea, how about (if possible), every time you take a pic, you could store that pic in a gallery or something...

Naito

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
There is one thing that would be hard, and that is : the sidequest ideas, and making overworld sprites for the pokemon in the sidequests.This game will be great!Only if nintendo allowed selling pokemon games, I bet you this game will be a hit then!

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Well I was thinking in later versions of adding a bag or like an album or notebook where you could view photos you have taken.
I dont mind making overworld sprites for them, I love to make pokemon overworld sprites, didnt you know Im on a challenge to sprite them all?

xantor

...:::...
Years
Wow, youspited it yourself. I love the swamp it looks good.And I'm sure I've seen something about making reflections. Can't remember. I use RMXP but I don't make pokemon games. Too difficult but I make others. ANyway I love this oh I also love your forest, keep up the great spriting.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
Kyledove said:
um, paint? o-o;
thanks people XD
Yeah, a lot of people don't realize how great MS Paint can be if you are able to learn. It's not just about drawing with line tools..

Right now I'm on a different computer (my Dad's office) so everything is much darker because it isn't an LCD Monitor (flatscreen). What is your intention? For it to be dark or light? It's hard to tell on this monitor because the dark spots in the swamp look black. So I guess my question is: What kind of monitor do you have? That really effects what colors you choose for something.

Edit: After I brightened up this monitor's default settings, everything is much clearer. Though I'd still like to know what your monitor is.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Oop my monitor is flat screen too, you can look at it in different angles and its different shades of colour, It shouldnt be as dark as black...

Naito

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Are you going to show screenshots of stuff like the health bar thing and such?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back