• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Frozen Cave [Ice Pokémon Fan Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
@Avishka take care!

On Topic: Well, when i comes to using hail, i do know there are better options like how some said above me, but What I enjoy about hail teams the most is the uniqueness and surprise factor of using one among the manor other bandwagon teams. However I do admit I dont use the team very often, only in like non ranked or friendly matches

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2013
Name : IcicleBunny
2 Partner Pokemon : Glaceon and Sneasel
Why: Ice type is my ABSOLUTE favourite type of Pokemon~ They are so COOL! (sorry for the bad pun)
how do you guys prefer to use Ice types in teams - as stallers or sweepers? It depends on the Pokemon's Defense and Attacks, because I would use Pokemon with stronger attacks for sweeper and string defense for stallers
Do you enjoy using Hail to your advantage? I don't really use those "environment" moves (e.g. hail, Sandstorm) because I never really have a whole team of only one type, so therefore someone in my team might be hurt. However, if I have a FULL team of Ice Types then I would ^^
And do you guys have any favourite Ice type battlers? I've only really used Sneasel, Abomasnow and Glaceon in battle and out of the three of them I have to say Sneasel, because Abomasnow has too much weaknesses being Ice-Grass type and Sneasel has less weaknesses compared to Glaceon, being dual-type

CourageHound

Years
Name : IcicleBunny
2 Partner Pokemon : Glaceon and Sneasel
Why: Ice type is my ABSOLUTE favourite type of Pokemon~ They are so COOL! (sorry for the bad pun)
how do you guys prefer to use Ice types in teams - as stallers or sweepers? It depends on the Pokemon's Defense and Attacks, because I would use Pokemon with stronger attacks for sweeper and string defense for stallers
Do you enjoy using Hail to your advantage? I don't really use those "environment" moves (e.g. hail, Sandstorm) because I never really have a whole team of only one type, so therefore someone in my team might be hurt. However, if I have a FULL team of Ice Types then I would ^^
And do you guys have any favourite Ice type battlers? I've only really used Sneasel, Abomasnow and Glaceon in battle and out of the three of them I have to say Sneasel, because Abomasnow has too much weaknesses being Ice-Grass type and Sneasel has less weaknesses compared to Glaceon, being dual-type

Welcome to the club! :D

What do you beleive ice types offer most to a team in battle?

Years
Name : Fantasy IV
2 Partner Pokemon :
Weaville and Mamoswine
Why: I love ice type Pokemons and it would be with delighted pleasure to foin such group that praise their power.
Answer the current topic!

What do you believe ice types offer most to a team in battle?
I think Ice types offers the power in a team battle. They are both strong on attack as well as on defense due to dome having a hard body. They can easily manipulate the area to their distinction by making sudden weather change and can well adapt with the atmosphere of the battle. One the other hand they are swift in movements (example: Glaceon) and they can be deadly opponents (example: Weaville). :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Sign-up:
Name: Darklix-
2 Partner Pokemon: articuno & glaceon
Why I want to join: I love using ice Pokemon and I mainly just love the ice type element. I would also love to join a club where I'm welcome and have the same interests as people, and just to have fun! I've also been experimenting with the ice type Pokemon and now the ice type are on my top favorites :) I can't really describe how much I love them as pokemon. I could describe it technically though haha. They are very useful when fighting dragon types.

Topic: Favorite ice type is articuno. Considering it took me a longgggg time to catch, I some how grew with it, and I love using ice beam. Delibird would be my least favorite ice type Pokemon because of its move-pool.

Thank you! I really hope I could join.

CourageHound

Years
Hello all you guys, welcome to the club ^_^. Among pokemon fans, Deliberd is usually a case of love/hate. You love it or ya hate it.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Even if Delibird isn´t very usable (or maybe not at all), I do like the bird.
He needz love.

CourageHound

Years
@Oshamaru And thats good! Alot of people just dismiss or dislike pokemon above all if they cant perform well in battle reguardless. SO I think its great you still like deliberd itself.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Name: Seraphimon-sama
2 Partner Pokemon: Sode no Shirayuki/Glaceon and Hyorinmaru/Kyurem
Why: Any reason why you want to join? Some of my favorite Pokemon are of the Ice-Type.

Favorite Ice-Type? My favorite Ice-Type is easily Glaceon. It has great stats, learns powerful moves, not to mention it looks amazing, and it evolves from my favorite Normal-Type.

CourageHound

Years
@Seraphimon sama Welcome to the club! Well seeing as Glaceon is your favorite ice type, how would you go about using it in battle?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Oh blimey, I just noticed Avishka's leaving message for a few months ahah. I guess I'll take over as leader for now 'till she returns and keep the user list updated. :)

Are we talking about Delibird? If so I have no idea what's going on with that thing lmao. It's one of those really confusing Pokémon that has such a unique niche that it feels like it should be incredibly useful, but in reality it just seems to be a bit of a let-down. Have there been any cases of a Delibird being used effectively? I'm use an Ice type club is the place to ask since someone must of used it in the past! It's a pretty cool Pokémon though I won't lie, just a tad confusing haha.

CourageHound

Years
Oh blimey, I just noticed Avishka's leaving message for a few months ahah. I guess I'll take over as leader for now 'till she returns and keep the user list updated. :)

Are we talking about Delibird? If so I have no idea what's going on with that thing lmao. It's one of those really confusing Pokémon that has such a unique niche that it feels like it should be incredibly useful, but in reality it just seems to be a bit of a let-down. Have there been any cases of a Delibird being used effectively? I'm use an Ice type club is the place to ask since someone must of used it in the past! It's a pretty cool Pokémon though I won't lie, just a tad confusing haha.

You're taking over? That's great! Avishka, askd me to try and keep the club going before she left but tbh , its slightly overwhelming :nervous:

Anyways as far as delibird goes my days on on pokemon battle revolution shown me deliberd. Has low, low potential in battle. It can learn some tms but frankly it's not really that much of a threat. Kind of a shame really

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Yeah, many people hate the bird because it isn´t much of a threat. Seriously, some Pokémon I like end up getting hate (Castform...). To be honest, I don´t care if somebody laughs at me, but I will take a Castform in Random Matchup soon. SOON. SOOOOON.

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Oh man, Ice is my favourite type. Could I join? :D
Name : pokemanmdj
2 Partner Pokemon : Rotom-F and Cloyster.
Why: Any reason why you want to join?
Because Ice is my favourite type, and hey- it doesn't seem like a bad idea to join!

° Which is your favorite Ice Type Pokemon and why?
My favourite is Cloyster. It's great competetively, and I remember once it was stated, I think somewhere in the manga, a Cloyster's shell could survive the shock of a nuclear warhead. That's pretty darn sturdy. o.o Besides, I like it's design - based off of a Bivalve.
° Which Ice-type pokemon do you like the least?
Smoochum. I don't know, never really seemed that appealing to me.

Shayminlover123

Top Pokemon Trainer
Years
Name :Shayminlover123
2 Partner Pokemon :Lapras and Weavile
Why: Any reason why you want to join?:Ice types are my favorite!
Answer the current topic!

Which is your favorite Ice Type Pokemon and why?
Lapras because I like Lapras desgin and stats they are both really good :D

Which Ice-type pokemon do you like the least?
Ummm Delibird I guess

CourageHound

Years
@pokemanmdj and shayminlover123 welcome to the club guys! :D

Ok guys, I see we havnt had a new topic in some time so i'd like to suggest one:

How would you buff ice types in general to improve in battle?

This could range from more moves, to more stats, are more type adv and disadvantages.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
New members have been added on Avishka's behalf; welcome to you both! :) I'm so glad there's another Cloyster fan eee, that thing is an utter beast in competitive!

How would you buff Ice types in general...? Ehh, I'll be honest I have no idea lmao. It's not a question I ever expected to be asked! I think they're renowned for being quite fast and hard-hitting with lots of special effective bonuses, but perhaps they're generally quite lacking in defensive capabilities? As far as I know Ice doesn't have many resistances and the Pokémon don't usually have very high defences either, so I guess I'd counteract this by giving Ice type a few more resistances! At the moment it only resists Ice, but I think it'd be logical to make it resist Water too since it'd just freeze the incoming water. It could probably resist Grass for similar reasons of hindering the Grass-nature of the attacks when they come close/make contact, and I'm pretty sure a Bug couldn't do much to a block of Ice either. So I'd make Ice resistant to Ice, Water, Grass & Bug in an ideal world! But hey, what're you gonna do haha.

CourageHound

Years
@AlexOzzyCake

Those resistances sound reasonable ;). Cuz like currently if I recall correctly, Ice only resists itself.

Well what comes to mind first when buffing ice types is to give them a move that 100% freezes or a high chance to freeze. Any thoughts on that?

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
Years

How would you buff ice types in general to improve in battle?

Seriously? yesh.
Because of a move that replaced many of our Ice-Pokémon, it is kinda sad. I'm talking about Hidden Power Ice. Who is mostly used against dragons. Besides Abomaslow and speedy Weavile and Mamoswagg, others are underestimated.
I don't see so many update for Ice moves. And I agree with CourageHound, they should put a new move like:
- 60% to freeze.
- Or even something who -2 speed
- Or... a move that can burn the oppenent (very interesting for physical pokémon, I mean Fighting moves who are strong against Ice type). You know how you feel when you touch snow on your hands? ;) It is like fire!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Well what comes to mind first when buffing ice types is to give them a move that 100% freezes or a high chance to freeze. Any thoughts on that?

This would be incredibly useful but I fear it'd also be extremely over-powered haha. At the moment I think the highest chance of freezing is 10% which is abysmal, but I think a 100% freezing move would be a step too far based on the pure power of freezing an enemy. Perhaps a move like Scald with a reasonable amount of power and a 30% chance of freezing would be enough to help balance this out a little? Or even a status move with the soul intention of freezing at around 75% like Will-o-Wisp probably wouldn't be too over the top... But a 100% accuracy move seems very unfair xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back