• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
So I beat Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm and I'm feeling less lazy than usual so I'm posting my next update.

~3/2/13~
-Traveled to Goldenrod City
-Got Kenya the Spearow
-Taught it Fly
-Got Medicine
-Gave Medicine to Ampharos
-Stopped at the Path to the Safari Zone

~4/2/13~
-Got Half way through the path
-Almost got annihilated by Magmar + Electabuzz Combo
-Stopped out of not feeling up to playing the game

~5/2/13~
-Got motivated
-Reached Safari Zone
-Flew to Violet City
-Caught a Hoothoot
-Taught it Fly
-Ditched Kenya with the Rest TM Trainer
-Flew to Olivine City
-VS Leader Jasmine
--VS Magnemite: Brick Break w/ Ceefore
--VS Magnemite: Brick Break w/ Ceefore
--VS Steelix: Brick Break(x9) + Dig(x3) w/ Ceefore + Timelord
-Obtained Mineral Badge

Team:
Spr_4h_012_f.png

Row [BUTTERFREE] Lv30 (F)
HP:81/ATK:39/DEF:49/Sp.A:61/Sp.D:56/SPD:50
Relaxed Nature @None
CompoundEyes
-Gust
-Sleep Powder
-Silver Wind
-Psybeam
Spr_4h_168.png

Timelord [ARIADOS] Lv30 (M)
HP:87/ATK:62/DEF:53/Sp.A:50/Sp.D:52/SPD:39
Calm Nature @Soothe Bell
Insomnia
-Dig
-Leech Life
-Night Shade
-Sucker Punch
Spr_4h_214_f.png

Ceefore [HERACROSS] Lv31 (F)
HP:97/ATK:91/DEF:57/Sp.A:34/Sp.D:67/SPD:74
Jolly Nature @Charti Berry
Swarm
-Shadow Claw
-Rock Tomb
-Aerial Ace
-Brick Break
Spr_4h_212_f.png

Erza [SCIZOR] Lv30 (F)
HP:95/ATK:92/DEF:74/Sp.A:43/Sp.D:69/SPD:44
Sassy Nature @Charti Berry
Technician
-Pursuit
-Wing Attack
-U-Turn
-Metal Claw
Spr_4h_193.png

Suzy [YANMA] Lv30 (F)
HP:85/ATK:50/DEF:29/Sp.A:66/Sp.D:39/SPD:69
Mild Nature @Charti Berry
Speed Boost
-Pursuit
-Shadow Ball
-Uproar
-Roost

Next is Black.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
READ ME!!!

Congratulations everyone, on reaching 1000 posts! This thread has been running for a while, a majority of the time unsupervised, but participation has dramatically increased recently! To show my appreciation for your guys' dedication, I am temporarily bending the rules. Anyone who includes the phrase "What are you doing here?" in an update or sign up for the month of February is allowed to trade or hack one Pokemon into their game. You may do this for any current Monotype, and any new monotype started this month. The Pokemon must not excede the highest level on your team.

I hope you guys don't ignore this message, and have fun!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024

that sounds nice, but, even though I kind of qualify for this whole rule bending thing, I'd rather stick to the plan and play it fair and square xD All Bugs I need can be found in my game and I'm in no rush to get the last team member.

Congratulations on reaching 1000 posts though and I have to tell you that I LOVE this challenge. I started a similar thing on my pearl before I even knew about this challenge, but I hacked a full team of level 1 ghost types and went up from there @w@ (the things I do out of boredom >.>)

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
READ ME!!!

Congratulations everyone, on reaching 1000 posts! This thread has been running for a while, a majority of the time unsupervised, but participation has dramatically increased recently! To show my appreciation for your guys' dedication, I am temporarily bending the rules. Anyone who includes the phrase "What are you doing here?" in an update or sign up for the month of February is allowed to trade or hack one Pokemon into their game. You may do this for any current Monotype, and any new monotype started this month. The Pokemon must not excede the highest level on your team.

What are you doing here?

Hey, I'm back with an update kinda, not even an update, more of a small recap. Anyway, all I've been doing is grinding and grinding and grinding and I'm sick of it! Then I saw NecrumWarrior's post and, all of a sudden, a light bulb appeared over my head. I thought, "What if I used this to hack in a Chinchou, and use his half-Water type to solve my little problem with Brock?", since, if you read my last post, I only have a Pikachu and it will be next to impossible to beat him with just Pikachu. And, I don't want to grind, because that defeats the purpose of doing a challenge, like I said in my previous post.

I don't want to overgrind, because that defeats the purpose of doing a challenge.

Anyway, for this rule bend, do I have to follow the original hacking rule that it has to be in my region's PokeDex?

And so, I leave NecrumWarrior with this question.

Laters!

P.S. My YouTube channel is now "active"! I am uploading a video as I speak. If you want to check it out, my username on YouTube is "Jacob Presau". Right now, I am just doing random stuff, but I will try to get some Pokemon in soon. Peace!

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
READ ME!!!

What are you doing here?

Lol well I plan to get started on Unova for my Rock challenge soon and I'll hack in a Larvitar as my starter.

Also I have a small update for my Bug challenge in Hoenn. I beat Wattson and got the 3rd badge, sadly the video file got corrupted so I'm unable to post it. And I'm not going to do a big update cause I'm currently watching a show with my sister.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Today's updates aren't really important.

IGN: KagamiChan
Type: Bug
Challenge:Ultimate
Game(s):
Pokémon Leaf Green, Pokémon Heart Gold, Pokémon Emerald, Pokémon Diamond, Pokémon Black
Current Game:
Pokémon Emerald

♥ Went back to Route 119
♥ Battled a birdkeeper
♥ Saved

Badge Case
1HoennStoneBadge_zps2ad59ca7.png
2HoennKnuckleBadge_zps4207afa2.png
3HoennDynamoBadge_zpsf61065c5.png
4HoennHeatBadge_zps1cbafc1b.png
5HoennBalanceBadge_zpsc870c0c9.png

Current Team:

beautifly_zps3be39379.png
Kamitsu [FONT=&quot]♂[/FONT]
Level:32
Ability: Swarm
Nature: Quiet
Hold Item: Miracle Seed
Moves:
◦Morning Sun
◦Mega Drain
◦Gust
◦Psychic

Stats: HP-82 | Attack-60 | Defense-45 | Sp. Attack-72 | Sp. Defense-39 | Speed-46|

dustox_zpsab47b8b0.png
Yuudoku
Level:
Ability: Shield Dust
Nature: Modest
Hold Item: Quick Claw
Moves:
◦Moonlight
◦Psychic
◦Light Screen
◦Gust

Stats: HP-89 | Attack-40 | Defense-56 | Sp. Attack-48 | Sp. Defense-66 | Speed-55|

ninjaskshiny_zps826b021f.gif
Tekkaku
Level:
Ability:
Speed Boost
Nature:
Naughty
Hold Item:
None
Moves:
◦Slash
◦Screech
◦Swords Dance
◦Secret Power

Stats: HP-95 | Attack-84 | Defense-45 | Sp. Attack-42 | Sp. Defense-36 | Speed-123 |

illumise_zps2a0a6b4a.png
Keika
Level:
Ability:
Oblivious
Nature:
Hardy
Hold Item:
None
Moves:
◦Quick Attack
◦Thunderbolt
◦Encore
◦Moonlight

Stats: HP-85 | Attack-41 | Defense-48 | Sp. Attack-61 | Sp. Defense-55 | Speed-68 |

volbeat_zps106f1d50.png
Hotarubi[FONT=&quot]♂[/FONT]
Level:33
Ability: Swarm
Nature: Calm
Hold Item: Soothe Bell
Moves:
◦Signal Beam
◦Confuse Ray
◦Protect
◦Moonlight

Stats: HP-94 | Attack-60 | Defense-43 | Sp. Attack-43 | Sp. Defense-70 | Speed-72 |

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Its any Pokemon, not just ones in your pokedex. Otherwise it wouldn't be bending the rules really. Go crazy and add any Pokemon in your game.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
"What are you doing here?" <.< >.>
Just decided Imma want a Scizor starter on HeartGold(gomenne Chikorita T-T) and since I can't trade due to stupid errors, Imma have to hack me one @w@
By the looks of it, Emerald's getting closer to the end now. Few more days and I'm done.
Though I should totally hack me a scizor with useless skills like splash for the lulz <.< >.>

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
READ ME!!!

If you were to trade in the Pokemon at the beginning of the game but couldn't catch anything else until after the 1st Gym, would you just have to hyper train the first legal pokemon that you catch?

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, anyways, I'm on my phone in a restaurant, so I can't completely update now, but I will either later tonight or early tomorrow.

Also, NecrumWarrior, can we hack in Pokemon still available later in the story, or is that rule still up. I was wondering if I can hack Frillish, Staryu, and Spheal(all three favs of mine) in Black 2, I'm at Virbank City, just beat Roxie by spamming Razor Shell.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, anyways, I'm on my phone in a restaurant, so I can't completely update now, but I will either later tonight or early tomorrow.

Also, NecrumWarrior, can we hack in Pokemon still available later in the story, or is that rule still up. I was wondering if I can hack Frillish, Staryu, and Spheal(all three favs of mine) in Black 2, I'm at Virbank City, just beat Roxie by spamming Razor Shell.
This should answer your question:
...allowed to trade or hack one Pokemon into their game.

If you were to trade in the Pokemon at the beginning of the game but couldn't catch anything else until after the 1st Gym, would you just have to hyper train the first legal pokemon that you catch?
Well, I'm not entirely sure about what you're asking, but I would assume it's just the same as reaching the first legal Pokemon in any other situation. The rules require that your team be comprised of at least 2 Pokemon, but when you add another Pokemon to your party is up to you. As long as you have at least 2 viable Pokemon to use by the E4.

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
Well, what I'm asking is that can I hack one of those in now even though they're obtainable before the E4?

Sorry if I made it hard to understand. :P

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Well, you said AND, so it looks like you're asking if you can hack all of them. It doesn't matter what Pokemon, whether you can or can't obtain it later in the game. If that's how you want to use it, that's your call. All awsome Pokemon by the way.

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
Well, you said AND, so it looks like you're asking if you can hack all of them. It doesn't matter what Pokemon, whether you can or can't obtain it later in the game. If that's how you want to use it, that's your call. All awsome Pokemon by the way.

Oh, okay, that must have been a typo on my part , sorry.

EDIT: I also assume I can hack one in each game, right?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2013
I would like to start the challenge:
Username: DementedMankey
Type: Ground
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): FireRed, StormSilver, Emerald, Platinum, BlazeBlack2

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
"What are you doing here?"

Why, I'm here to reset my SS version! Figured now would be a good time to take advantage of the gift and do the hard runs while I'm still able to. Dragon, methinks. There's ground-types a-plenty in SoulSilver and I've only just beaten Bugsy so it's not a loss. :B

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
"What are you doing here?"

Username: Omicron
Type: Dark
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): HeartGold, Emerald, Platinum, White2

Well, it's about time that I started a challenge, so here I go :3
I'll start in HG.

Years
First update:
Started game, named myself Kentaki, chose Bulbasaur, named him Zaurus, got pokedex caught Weedle, quickly evolved him to Beedrill, beat rival at Route 22, gone to Pewter City, beat Brock ,caught Nidoran(m), gone through Mt. Moon, evolved there Nidoran, gone to Cerulean, beat all trainers on Route 25 and took ticket from Bill, beat Misty, gone to Veremilon, beat all trainers on St. Anne and rival second time, took HM1, beat Lt. Stuge, saved after i lost to one trainer in Rock Tunel
My actual team:

Zaurus (Ivysaur)
Lvl 30
Atk. 50
Def. 50
Sp. Atk. 56
Sp. Def. 59
Speed 45
Docile nature
Moveset:
Razor Leaf
Sleep Powder