• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"pokédollars" or whatever

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
how much do you shop in Pokémon games? Do you usually find yourself with excess cash to spare from all the battling?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Depends on the game really. Some of the older games I don't buy anything until the E4 when I stock up a ton, For X/Y and S/M though, I spend all my money on..... character customization :/ luckily those games aren't too hard.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I mostly buy Balls to have in case I find a Pokémon I really wanna catch. That, and like 20 of any repellent I can get. I only buy Revives, Full Restores and all that in preparation for the League. I'm always left with a lot of money because I'm afraid of not having enough. xD

kinesis

Sounds like one of them lil' birds
Years
The first few gyms I'll use the shops regularly and spend all my money, then I won't really touch it until the very end of the game to stock up on E4 moneys.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
I'm often saving for no reason. Perhaps a small additional challenge in the games would be to have some control on finances.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
I mostly buy Balls to have in case I find a Pokémon I really wanna catch. That, and like 20 of any repellent I can get. I only buy Revives, Full Restores and all that in preparation for the League. I'm always left with a lot of money because I'm afraid of not having enough. xD

Pokéballs and Repel are also where I spend most of my money. I want to have every single Pokéball at all times on me, and at least 10 of each, so I'm prepared to catch anything lmao
Do you buy your normal Poké Ball in bulk or 10 each time, to get more Premier Ball?

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Pokéballs and Repel are also where I spend most of my money. I want to have every single Pokéball at all times on me, and at least 10 of each, so I'm prepared to catch anything lmao
Do you buy your normal Poké Ball in bulk or 10 each time, to get more Premier Ball?
Oh no, I didn't even find out that was possible until recently, but I still hardly buy regular Poké Balls. I buy Great and Ultra Balls mostly (once I can), since I find the regular ones kinda useless.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Oh no, I didn't even find out that was possible until recently, but I still hardly buy regular Poké Balls. I buy Great and Ultra Balls mostly (once I can), since I find the regular ones kinda useless.

I agree, they kinda are useless after the first few routes. That's why I love having variety in the beggining, so I can use all of my Poké Balls bought to have some Premier Ball :P The only reason I want those is for aestethics, they are very pretty

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
I usually try to save my game money for the most part, and only spend on stuff which I really need to use. Because maybe there might be a time later on in the game where things get harder and I need more stuff. And of course in Nuzruns since you can't use revives that means you can sell them or not buy them so you have more money imao.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I try to save and spend on essentials items such as recoveries, good TMs and several handy repels and stock some good pokeball to catch some pokes. XY I don't tend to spend on cosmetics as it just change the looks and least important, same thing with SM here since it starts huge amount of money to start with I always spend on essentials than cosmetics.

27thColt

The Collector
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2023
In the past I would buy a ton of whatever I needed, "yeah I'll get 7 revives and then 10 super potions and then 10 great balls". Usually I would end up with ~800k pokedollars at the end of the game which was enough for me

However that all changed when I played ORAS. Those games were the ones that I was the least engaged at since they were released at a time when I was really big on PC gaming and paid more attention to that more. So by the end of the game I was left with ~100k and was seriously close to almost broke by the last 2 gyms.

I like that Sun/Moon reduced some of the prices and were really generous with their money especially in the after game. Some might say it takes away the challenge in the game, but if you want to challenge yourself, then just don't buy anything.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I usually end up with a surplus of money by a few gyms in. Things can be tight early on, though, especially when character customization is taken into account.

Apparently, I'm doing terribly with money in Gold, though. I keep barely having enough to buy Poke Balls to catch everything I want to catch. My poor luck catching things hasn't helped matters much. I'm guessing things will improve soon (I'm in Violet City and just took out the gym, so Sprout Tower and the next route south should have enough trainers to give me a bunch of money), but it's a somewhat foreign feeling to be quite so broke.

Back