• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vvatamelon

Elite 4 Ice Ryan
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
in a script how do i make someone disappear after a battle so like.
i made my own rival and after the battle he does not leave so how can i make him disappear or walk away( this is fire red)

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Hello this may be a stupid question depending on the answer but I will ask it anyway.

Can I use Palette 7 on FireRed? (blank on with pink and black)

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
in a script how do i make someone disappear after a battle so like.
i made my own rival and after the battle he does not leave so how can i make him disappear or walk away( this is fire red)
To move away just use an applymovement:
Code:
applymovement 0x[personNumber] [pointerToMovementData]
waitmovement 0

To make then disappear use the command hidesprite (XSE) or #raw 53:
Code:
hidesprite 0x[personNumber]
Code:
#raw 0x53
#raw 0x[personNumber]
#raw 0x0
You need to change the person ID of that person so it corresponds with a flag that you have set in that script. This is so that person stays hidden.

Hello this may be a stupid question depending on the answer but I will ask it anyway.

Can I use Palette 7 on FireRed? (blank on with pink and black)
Palette 7 to palette 12 is used by the secondary tileset. Palette 1 to palette 6 is used by the primary tileset. So you can reused palette 7 for every secondary tileset. In short; yes.

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
You mean The part with the little pikachu that hops up and dwn with the text box under it?

You will need unLZgba to replace the pic of Pikachu, and A-Text / Hex editor to Change the text in the big blue box.

I can't hex edit... and I can't seem to locate the text using a-text.
unLZgba just gives me garbled images, be it 16 colors or 256.
Is there another way?

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

hm...
hmm.png

seriously, though...
The 'Search' button is a very useful button...

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
unLZgba just gives me garbled images, be it 16 colors or 256.
Is there another way?

Oh HogPosh! (LOL)
As destinedjagold clearly shows, A-Text works fine. And to edit the Pikachu, Use unLZgba, and take your time, go through each pic, you WILL see some...

(Or just type this number into the first text box.. 345 and press Goto

Then click the checkbox that says Use Black/ White, or press Next Pal to see more Pallet choices.)
Also, here is the top of Pikachu's head that is cut out of the image... 2028 You can change the pallet for Visibility problems...

And now...

I was wondering someting I doubt has EVER come up in a question... is it possible to get ahold of the E-Reader berries? So we can use them in-game?

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
You're a scripter, use a GiveItem script!

I wish I could, but have you ever noticed that the E-Reader berries arent on any Item list made by People, or found in unLZgba? It is because they are Either sent over from te E-reader, or they need to be activated via E-reader dot code...

I want to know If there is a way I could do this... I like the Eggant Berry...

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Eggant Berry? What's that do? Maybe you can open the E-Reader scripts (if you can find them). I think HackMew put a dump of every script in the game somewhere....

I have a problem.
I get a bunch of tiles, indexed and all. I open 'em in IrfanView and Export the Palette and name it the same as the file. Load them up into A-Map and the palette is glitchy. :\?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I have a problem.
I get a bunch of tiles, indexed and all. I open 'em in IrfanView and Export the Palette and name it the same as the file. Load them up into A-Map and the palette is glitchy. :\?

Did you check the content of the palette file?
Did you make sure you selected the right format?
Did you got similars problems earlier?

Raizaiel

Well, I'll be conflabbed!
Years
Hey, I really hate reposting this but it's been a while and I want to divert attention back to the following:

Hello all. What can I do to edit the order in which the badges go?
Or just, you know, change them entirely?
I'm assuming hex, but I'd prefer something easier if it exists.
If it's hex I'm stuck with, would you send a tutorial for hexnoobs this way? :>

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2023
I don't really understand your question. Do you mean on the trainer card? Or do you want to change which badge each gym leader gives out?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Sorry, I should have been clearer.
Both the trainer card AND the prospective badges.

First you would change the Trainer Card ones, which is just a LZ77 compressed picture.
Then you need to change the actual order, basically the Gym Leaders' script, plus the Cut Trees, etc. When it's the case of a Cut Tree, things are simple. But when you neeed the change what flag would enable Fly, or Flash then ASM is pretty much required.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2008
Help with Advance Map

I have version 1.0.9 and when I click "Open Script" to edit it, it tells me to choose which program to open it with. I have tried Advance Text v. 3.1, and also Pokescript, but neither of those worked. Which program do I use to open scripts in Advance Map?

Raizaiel

Well, I'll be conflabbed!
Years
First you would change the Trainer Card ones, which is just a LZ77 compressed picture.
Then you need to change the actual order, basically the Gym Leaders' script, plus the Cut Trees, etc. When it's the case of a Cut Tree, things are simple. But when you neeed the change what flag would enable Fly, or Flash then ASM is pretty much required.

I suppose I still misunderstood. I never intended to change the pokemon obedience/HM prerequisite settings for the badges. I'd keep everything the same, except convert the images of the badges to something else (say, a THUNDERBADGE to a SPECTREBADGE). Would I be able to avoid the ASM by just changing the images?

Oh, and HackMew, I have another question, specifically for you in the event that no one else knows what I mean. I have this problem in Advance Map concerning your brilliant XSE. I plug example scripts in from tutorials perfectly into the XSE Editor from inside Advance Map, and the program converts them out of that into something else (removes the #dynamic line, removes messages and lines of code, et cetera). Also, sometimes more than one person will say the same message and I've even had one NPC turn the screen dark purple and lock the game when I try to talk to him.

Because I'm a complete noob when it comes to scripting, I'm sure it's just something I'm doing wrong. Could you guide me, oh merciful HackMew, with your firm finger of justice?

Also, kickass program there. If only I could get it to obey me. I must not have the right badges.

vvatamelon

Elite 4 Ice Ryan
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
how do i create my own trainer images like when im battling them ?(not sprites)

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
Ok, I have a few questions that I would like answered. Thansk for your time.

1. How much space is there in a ROM? What I mean is, in tools like Advance Map, you can create and insert a new map. How many times can you do this without using up all of the 'memory'?

2. This is similar to the one above. When I choose an offset for a script(like a message from talking to a person, etc), and I make a mistake, and then re-compile the script, how much space am I using? Will I eventually use up all of the space? For example, I compile a script into a ROM,a nd then realize I made a mistake in the script. I fix the script and compile it again; but it has a differenyt offset. What does this do?

3. Is there a forum(or topic/ whatever it is called) where I can request scripts to be made for me? I am not very good at making complicated scripts, I can handle simple ones like messages, give pokemon, etc. I need a script for at the beginning of the game, when Professor Oak stops you from running into the grass, and then takes you to get a Pokemon. What I want is that a seperate guy to be standing near the grass, and stop you from going in the grass, until you have talked to Oak and gotten a Pokemon. If you wish to help me, or know someone who will, or a forum for this kind of question, let me know so I can provide more detail.

4. Is there a tool that will overwrite current Pokemon with Pokemon that I create? Like how you use a tool to change the picture, and then another to change the stats name, pokedex info, etc, all in one?

Thanks for your help and time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back