• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsaloto

Learning to be Pr0
Years
I am having aproblem with my PROF OAK script. I havnt changed anything except the text but heres the problem:

I took the original PROF OAK PALLET TOWN script (hey wait! dont go out!) and moved it over X amount of spaces to the right, i also moved OAK and his lab the same X amount of spaces so there was practically no difference except for there positions. However now when i stand on the script the game just freezes except for the music. (sorry for long post) is there any way i can fix this? :(

I think you might be having the same problem with motion scripts I was having. The game will just freeze if you don't set the Unknown and Var Numbers on your scripts for motion. In advance map, set the scripts for the tiles you step on to Unknown: 0003 and Var Number: 4050. I think that might do it.

ase

learning How to Hack
Years
Hi everyone i need help im looking for an emerald tileset to patch onto my Rom but i cant seem to find one plz give me a link thnks

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2010
Here's a super-simple question:

How should I start hacking if I haven't got much experience in it?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Hi everyone i need help im looking for an emerald tileset to patch onto my Rom but i cant seem to find one plz give me a link thnks

Get an Emerald ROM, take the tileset, and place it in the game you want. It's slightly more complicated, but I want to finish this post fast.

FireFox

Dialga Fangirl
Years
  • Age 37
  • UK
  • Seen Feb 24, 2018
Hi guys. Is there a way of making a trainer send out Pokémon in the correct order?

EG:
In A-Trainer, it's setup as (class is 'PKMN TRAINER'):
'Mon1 Lv9
'Mon2 Lv7
'Mon3 Lv9
'Mon4 Lv11

In-game, depending on your level, it sends the order thus:

'Mon1 Lv9
'Mon4 Lv11
'Mon2 Lv7
'Mon3 Lv9

Someone once told me to turn the AI of the Pokémon down to 0, they're all on 0. Advice please. Thank you :)

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Hi guys. Is there a way of making a trainer send out Pokémon in the correct order?

EG:
In A-Trainer, it's setup as (class is 'PKMN TRAINER'):
'Mon1 Lv9
'Mon2 Lv7
'Mon3 Lv9
'Mon4 Lv11

In-game, depending on your level, it sends the order thus:

'Mon1 Lv9
'Mon4 Lv11
'Mon2 Lv7
'Mon3 Lv9

Someone once told me to turn the AI of the Pokémon down to 0, they're all on 0. Advice please. Thank you :)

It depends on the Pokémon you use in battle against trainers.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
by develop a story do you mean ideas-wise or actually making the hack wise?

I've inserted most of the fakemon, most of the tiles are inserted, and the first few maps and scripts are done, aswell as the majority of the storyline, would you say im ready to make a thread?

Cardboard Roof

PokéROM Hacker
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013
Thankyou Doomsaloto for your help.
Now i have another problem :/

The OAK scripts works perfectly, except for the fact that OAK himself doesnt actually walk up to you... or maybe he does, but hes invisible. I really cant figure this one out. How do I make him show up? Once again nothing has been changed except positions and what he says.

FireFox

Dialga Fangirl
Years
  • Age 37
  • UK
  • Seen Feb 24, 2018
Thanks Heart's Soul.
Thankyou Doomsaloto for your help.
Now i have another problem :/

The OAK scripts works perfectly, except for the fact that OAK himself doesnt actually walk up to you... or maybe he does, but hes invisible. I really cant figure this one out. How do I make him show up? Once again nothing has been changed except positions and what he says.

Would it be showsprite 0xOAKS_ID?
Where OAKS_ID is the person event ID of Oak?

Cardboard Roof

PokéROM Hacker
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013
Thanks Heart's Soul.

Would it be showsprite 0xOAKS_ID?
Where OAKS_ID is the person event ID of Oak?

Im not sure... im a little new to scripting. however im using XSE if it makes a difference but i cant find that line you specified. would it be

showsprite 0x3?

Last edited:

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
I have another wuestion:

Is it possible that editing growth rate of a pokemon can cause it to skip a level when it evolves?
'my starter leveled up to 16, evolved, and was level 17'
It also shouldve learnt curse at Level 18, but didnt even try, how can this be cause?

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
I want to add Glaceon and Leafeon to my hack, but I don't want to replace any of the original Pokemon. From what I know, I need to replace the "???" after the regular pokemon with YAPE or another editor. Once I do that, Does anyone know how to extend the Pokedex? Is there a way to make it have more than 386 slots for pokemon? If I don't extend it, the game will freeze if glaceon or leafeon is caught.

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
Years
I want to add Glaceon and Leafeon to my hack, but I don't want to replace any of the original Pokemon. From what I know, I need to replace the "???" after the regular pokemon with YAPE or another editor. Once I do that, Does anyone know how to extend the Pokedex? Is there a way to make it have more than 386 slots for pokemon? If I don't extend it, the game will freeze if glaceon or leafeon is caught.
look for a pokdex order editor they usually have alot of slot

Nosophoros

I'm eating your cake
Years
When I replace the ??? with a new pokemon sprite in unlz gba it only uses the light green and white colors, how do I use the new pokemon's pallette?

Nivek15

Honest Trainer
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 20, 2010
I'm playing Crystal version and I want to evolve my Haunter into a Gengar. Since I can't trade, the only way to do that is by hacks. I tried hacking Haunter into a Gengar but it only changed the picture to a Gengar. When I battle with it it says "Gengar" but still appears as a Haunter. When I check its stats it shows a picture of a Gengar. How do I completely turn my Haunter into a Gengar while keeping all the stats and moves, but have the game treat it like an actual Gengar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back