• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Bronze [COMPLETED]

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
offtopic: Also, how do you get a hack on a gameboy cartridge?

Overall, it looks like fun and I can't wait to play it. :)

Thanks everyone for the comments, and to get it on a cartridge I bought a GBC flash cartridge online and then put the rom on it via a USB cable, quite simple really.

Also, since the game is on hold for a little bit I'm thinking of releasing not a beta, but a demo of the rom which has the first two or so GYMs, which of course the save file will be fully transferable to the completed game.

If there's enough interest I will do so.

Last edited:
Years
Ah, awesome, thanks.

If it's going to be a while before the beta, I would appreciate a demo to hold me over until then :) No pressure, though.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
No beta at all, just this demo then the finished game.
(Then later bug fixes if necessary)

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
I have to change some trainers Pokemon and moves, plus I have the remaining quarter/third of text to replace.

All the story events and side quests are set in place, the game can already be played from start to finish.

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
i would recommend not to release a demo and take your time to finish it and release the full version.As it is not going to take more than 2 months to do the remaining stuff ( i think ) but the choice is yours ;)

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
I wanna do a demo because I'm not going to be working on it for at least a month or so while I get through all my doctor appointments and arrange a time for me and Bianca to finish it together.

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Looking forward to seeing this, think i can wait till the finished game is released but there is no way i would say no to a demo.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Just been polishing up the first part of the game to get ready for the demo release.
Expect it in a couple of days/next week.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
And battle scenery... what?
I think he means the picture in the background, like on fire red or something, but that doesn't exist on gold.
Anyways, I'm seriously going to love this, can't wait for full version, I'll probably play through it 3 times, each with different starters. :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
I'm totes dead, guys.
Bianca, you must be very bored.

But I am going to stay in hospital very soon for my worsening health, I will try to finish off the demo while I'm there and release it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
I'm putting the finishing touches on the demo right now, get excited!

wilso

Grass Master
Years
sweet i need somthing to kill time good luck finishing it. Btw is there a dark type gym leader :3?

Back