• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

YGO - Individual Card Thread [Revived]

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
My friend uses that in his Scrap deck, and he's topped many regionals, so I'm gonna go ahead and assume it's good.

300px-PainPainterGENF-EN-ScR-1E.png

From the new set.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
Wisel is indeed amazing in Scraps; it's pretty much a sort-of Shien and a free absorber of Synchros to boot! It is just all around a solid card if your deck does work with it.

Pain Painter should make Zombies more viable; we'll see. I really like it though.

Also: a less well-known card (but ... ... what).

Spoiler:

A Hero Lives
Normal Spell
If you control no face-up monsters: Pay half of your Life Points; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Elemental HERO" monster from your Deck.

... Excuse me?

This plus Rabbit will make Gladiator Beasts extremely powerful. Tier 1 material, very possibly.

Last edited:

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Oh gosh. Return of the Gladiators would be a pretty interesting format. Nontheless, great card. You'll lose the game if you don't use it right though. -half your lp is not fun.

300px-SteelswarmRoachGENF-EN-ScR-1E.png

XYZ!

Years
Well, as of today, I started playing YGO again and I have my own deck after buying a box of the new set and trading off the cards to get my T1 zombie deck. So, this is a pretty important card and broken in the zombie deck:

300px-LeviairtheSeaDragonGENF-EN-UR-1E.png

Cirrus

Years
NOW YOU SEE HOW OP IT IS! HUEHUEHUEH- er yeah.

It's amazing. Also part of the reason Tour Guide will be / is super expensive.

Years
300px-EndlessDecayJUMP-EN-UR-LE.jpg

Pre-ordered three of these. I like this card really, just so easy to bring out with Pyramid Turtle and at the start of the duel, pretty damn good with 4000 attack.​

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I looked through this thread and Tour Guide from the Underworld wasn't mentioned. Eh, might as well put her in there:

Spoiler:

From what I've heard, TG is good in Fiend decks that revolve around Raviel, Lord of Phantasms, Ritual Summons or Xyz Summoning Rank 3 Xyz monsters. Shame that you can't use the summoned monster for Synchro Summons.

Years
Tour guide is still an incredibly good card even with the Xyz ruling reversal. It has a lot of versatility because it can search Sangan out as well as becoming an instant Xyz Rank 3. With Gold Sarc, you can special summon any level four or lower monster to the field with Leviair Dragon, which is huge in some decks (infernity springs to mind).

I expect a common opening play this format will be summon Tour guide, fetch Sangan, set a back row and pass. At this year's UK Nationals my round one opponent (who made it all the way to the finals, losing out to a Six Samurai deck) was running a Tour Guide plant deck and he made that opening play to me in games one and three. It's actually a very offensive oppening despite the fact that the monsters themselves only have 1000 attack. You have to be really cautious about that Sangan especially if you do not know what kind of deck the opponent is running. Sangan can search so many different cards so if you destroy it recklessly, you will be punished. I've personally experienced it so you can take my word for it.

Years
300px-DBoyz-PHSW-EN-ScR-1E.jpg

This has to be useful for something more than Gods. I am struggling to think why it is a secret, but I picked up a 1st edition playset on ebay for £11! XD

Thoughts?​

Years
I present to you, The Creator God of Light, Horakhty.

300px-TheCreatorGodofLightHorakhty-YGOPR-JP-OP.jpg

"Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing 3 monsters whose original (printed) names are "Obelisk the Tormentor", "The Winged Dragon of Ra" and "Slifer the Sky Dragon", and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. The Special Summon of this card cannot be negated. The player that Special Summons this card wins the Duel."

Winning.​

Years
Spoiler:

Stupid is what I see. I can see Phantom of Chaos coming in handy.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
Well both Obelisk and Slifer can be special summoned so really the only trouble would be normal summoning Ra since you can use haunted to bring Obelisk and Slifer out in the same turn.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Then I see it being useless.

If you can swarm the field with Tribute fodder for all 3 Egyptian Gods, then you can get Horakthy out. Oh and as Wings Don't Cry said, you can Special Summon Obelisk and Slifer. Just by looking at the card text, Horakthy is a lot harder to summon than Armityle (the Chaos Phantom).

On a random note, has anyone tried out Sun Dragon Inti/Moon Dragon Quilla? They form a pretty interesting Special Summon loop.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
On a random note, has anyone tried out Sun Dragon Inti/Moon Dragon Quilla? They form a pretty interesting Special Summon loop.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Yeah, they're alright. I wouldn't call them competitive quality, but if you run Cyber Dragon, and some of the older Dark Worlds you can come up with something pretty consistent.

Cirrus

Years
Excuse?

Horakhty looks VERY interesting as a wincon, but I'm too lazy to brew something that wins with it (why not just combo into card advantage, right? >_>).

Inti/Quilla is too easy to stop, by the way - it's alright I guess, but it doesn't have very much impact upon the board either and you probably wasted a bunch of advantage to summon it, so it's not worth it.

Back