• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I remember that people used the Park balls of DPPt as a sign that GS was going to be remade...
Not all hints have to be obvious but than again we can't go around saying everything that is red and blue is a hint for RS remakes. By the way the flags of Nimbasa are Red and Green (FrLg remakes!? sarcasm mode).

I don't think this generation is over...so far according to bulbapedia it's at the 500's (in terms of days) while even RBGY had 700, GSC had 800 or so. While Generations III and IV were well into the thousands.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Your opinion on what is good enough for a sequel doesn't prevent gamefreak from doing something interesting with the same stuff.
Or heck if they combined the ideas "reusing Hoenn" and "new generation, new handheld", and made gen VI located in new Hoenn+new places, they could even give them different pokes.
And if not, they could still add more of the 450 non-Hoenn pokes to mix it up a bit.

If they try to make something truly new with Hoenn, it will be surprising. But I mean something truly new, not the same story scheme with more evil teams. I still think they will just remake Hoenn, because land/water story scheme is imo the best for this region and they shouldn't try to think of any different story scheme for Hoenn. Making gen 6 located in Hoenn is not plausible imo, because new generation is always located in completely new region.

Its not even comparable.
There was data in DP for pokemon "from Johto (Gold)" and "from Johto (Silver)".
That is serious stuff.

Red and blue flags are not.

I mean, there is a difference between meaningless hints and intentional hype making hints.

For example: the Red Gyarados on the TV at the beginning of DP.
Every single person on the planet who saw that, was reminded of GS. That was the intention.

When you see a red and blue flag in front of a building, however, it is meaningless. Only the 5 people who are depserately looking for "hints" will even consider them to be hints.

I referred to putting hints in general because Kanto_Johto said that all hints are redundant, even those in D/P/Pt for G/S remakes, which is simply not true.

I agree that red and blue flags are not enough to consider them as hints. There are much more plausible things than those flags. If red Gyarados on TV was intention of reminding G/S/C - then water/magma cave from B2/W2 is intention of reminding R/S/E. Yes it is, people immediately were speaking about Hoenn after seeing that cave.

"There was data in DP for pokemon "from Johto (Gold)" and "from Johto (Silver)"" - yes it was, but it wasn't used in games. All Pokemon caught in HG/SS transferred to D/P/Pt are said to be caught in "faraway place", not in Johto.
Anyway, R/S remakes don't need to be hinted with such hidden data because Pokemon caught in Hoenn can be transfered to gen 5, therefore Hoenn location data is already used in gen 5 games.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
"There was data in DP for pokemon "from Johto (Gold)" and "from Johto (Silver)"" - yes it was, but it wasn't used in games. All Pokemon caught in HG/SS transferred to D/P/Pt are said to be caught in "faraway place", not in Johto.
Anyway, R/S remakes don't need to be hinted with such hidden data because Pokemon caught in Hoenn can be transfered to gen 5, therefore Hoenn location data is already used in gen 5 games.

Just some clarification,
It was used. I don't mean the text that's actually displayed ingame. If you caught the exact same pokemon with the exact same data in HG and SS, the part of their data that contains information on what game they are from will be different. The game checks them and is programmed to show Faraway place for both.
There was exactly 2 kinds of unused game origin data in DPt reserved for HG and SS.

Last edited:

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
I referred to putting hints in general because Kanto_Johto said that all hints are redundant, even those in D/P/Pt for G/S remakes, which is simply not true.
When I said about the hints for RSE being made redundant, I meant that because there are no hints that actually mean anything or actually provide a substantial argument for remakes currently being planned, then unless Game Freak admits that they actually were hints, then none of the "hints" discovered by fans at present have actually been intentional.

This is similar to "hints" from DPPt signalling HGSS remakes. Other than the Red Gyarados hint (which is an actual hint, since that was an exclusive in-game event for GSC) most other hints were similar to "oh look, those flags are red and blue, like Ruby and Sapphire........HOLY CRAP IT'S A CONSPIRACY".

bobandbill

one more time
Years
This is similar to "hints" from DPPt signalling HGSS remakes. Other than the Red Gyarados hint (which is an actual hint, since that was an exclusive in-game event for GSC) most other hints were similar to "oh look, those flags are red and blue, like Ruby and Sapphire........HOLY CRAP IT'S A CONSPIRACY".
Well, there were some more ones beyond the colours in DPPt (never mind the possibility that red and blue is also representative arguably of Reshiram and Zekrom's flames), such as a NPC directly mentioning events in GSC (including unique stuff like Clefairy dancing at Mt Moon), and the unnecessary prescence of Jasmine for instance that would I think amount to more than a few. But yeah; hints aren't a given that it will happen @ RSE remake. (Not that I'd mind one =p).

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
The closest thing to a hint IMO are the magma and aqua grunts in iccurus city. They mention what aqua and magma did but why would both of them say what they did when in rs only one of the teams did that. Emerald remake? IMO the grunts should've been version exclusive characters if it were to be a hint at RS remakes.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
The closest thing to a hint IMO are the magma and aqua grunts in iccurus city. They mention what aqua and magma did but why would both of them say what they did when in rs only one of the teams did that. Emerald remake? IMO the grunts should've been version exclusive characters if it were to be a hint at RS remakes.

There are Magma and Aqua grunts in Icirrus City? It's the first I've heard about it, interesting. Where abouts are they in the city?

If anything, its definitely more of a hint to an Emerald remake rather than R/S remake.

zid_sen

The Sacred Thunder of Aselis
Years
Well i think it will release in 3DS platform with name

FiercingRuby
VastSapphire
JadeEmerald

well just kiddding,
but i really wait for this game release!

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
The grunts would be the closest we got to "hints"...

...if it wasn't for the fact that the same house held a Rocket grunt in BW!

To clarify, it's just text, they aren't in their costumes or anything. Like the equivalent in BW, they say how they were grunts of said teams in the past, and that you should not tell their wife/husband (who was the opposite team and essentially says the same thing).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They took the Funky talking Rocket Member's house in Icirrus. It was mentioned earlier in the thread and written off as an Easter Egg simply because they took the Rocket Member's spot.

And no it doesn't really mean Emerald Remake. Ruby, Magma tried to destroy the Region and expand land. Sapphire, Aqua tried to destroy the region and expand the sea. Both events happened, doesn't matter if it was in one game or 2. Both events still happened.

And no the closets thing we have for a hint is pretty much the cave with different appearances. The Rocket didn't signify anything when he was in B/W and the Aqua/Magma couple took his house which is only accessible in the winter. It was an Easter Egg in B/W so its an Easter Egg in B2W2.

blue

gucci
Years
They could both be classed as hints or coincidences, we said the exact same about Gold & Silver with many references to Johto and other similarities so it could just be grasping or Nintendo planted them there purposely since they like to know how we think.

Years
There's actually been more hints for Kanto remakes like Rocket appearing in BW, Rocket's music in Game Freak.
Also I've noticed most aren't considering the hints of Gen IV for RSE remakes. The guy in Sinnoh's resort mentioned he wanted to go see the rocket launch in Mossdeep. Steven appeared in HgSs. There's actually much more hints for remakes in Gen IV than this generation it seems...
Also who says we need hints GF can just come out and announce the games out of the blue like they did with FrLg which had no real hints, even less so than Rs remakes have now...we have no real pattern with remakes yet it seems (they might not even come out at all...).

blue

gucci
Years
There's actually been more hints for Kanto remakes like Rocket appearing in BW, Rocket's music in Game Freak.
Also I've noticed most aren't considering the hints of Gen IV for RSE remakes. The guy in Sinnoh's resort mentioned he wanted to go see the rocket launch in Mossdeep. Steven appeared in HgSs. There's actually much more hints for remakes in Gen IV than this generation it seems...
Also who says we need hints GF can just come out and announce the games out of the blue like they did with FrLg which had no real hints, even less so than Rs remakes have now...we have no real pattern with remakes yet it seems (they might not even come out at all...).

That's true, I'd say there's atleast one hint for every Gen IV+ game that could contribute towards Hoenn.. there is also a soundtrack in Black and White 2's coding which is said to be Rustboro City for those who didn't know although to me it doesn't really sound like it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

The thing with that though, no one expected remakes then. Everyone thought we'd just move right along to the next generation of gaming or the third version, but that didn't happen. So no one was really looking for hints. After two remakes though, people are expecting one and ANYTHING that reminds them of RSE, which if the cycle continues they're next in line to be remade, it's taken as a hint. Although I can't think of anything off the top of my head in RS, I'm sure some crazy nut could find things that hint at FRLG. Because you know, blue and red in gen V obviously means RS remakes. Heck, someone could take the fact that Ruby and Sapphire are red and blue respectively, that could have been a sign for Red and Blue to be remade, though of course, it was Red and Green that were remade, but for speculation at that time, it could have worked. But I'm not gonna go on rampage about that. It's just something to think about.

That Rustboro theme is probably one of the worst music pieces I've heard in the series. Mainly because it sounds nothing like it's supposed to be. If it were original and not the Rustboro theme, it could work. But that theme has already been established and that...doesn't work.

blue

gucci
Years
I wouldn't go as far as saying Red & Blue banners represent hints towards RS remakes, Red and Blue are the two most commonly used colours so you couldn't call every duo of Red & Blue hints towards Ruby & Sapphire. However, if they are currently working on the remakes atleast they have the Gym Leader sprites ready which I personally love.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I wouldn't go as far as saying Red & Blue banners represent hints towards RS remakes, Red and Blue are the two most commonly used colours so you couldn't call every duo of Red & Blue hints towards Ruby & Sapphire.

Not saying you would, but that is literally how people are seeing them now. It's even been said in this thread a few times about some things that are blue and red how it's a hint. I just don't understand it. But my point was that people can take anything as a hint. It's like trying to grab clouds. Doesn't work.

Years
Not saying you would, but that is literally how people are seeing them now. It's even been said in this thread a few times about some things that are blue and red how it's a hint. I just don't understand it. But my point was that people can take anything as a hint. It's like trying to grab clouds. Doesn't work.
I agree,they really aren't hints specially considering Red,Blue, Green, and Yellow are the most common colors in the franchise (at least that I've paid attention to). As Xander said before the Magma and Aqua (Water) caves are the only significant hints we really have within this generation.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years

Isn't that essentially the premise of this entire thread? People finding hints that aren't really hints and concluding that RSE remakes are bound to happen because of them?

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
I have a theory, it's not a good one but it's something. Before I say it let me say I know the anime has nothing to do with the games but for promotional purposes I think I can use this.

Have you ever noticed that in the anime after every odd numbered region there is a filler ark?

Kanto (Gen I) -> Orange Islands (nothing to promote being R|B|Y were the only games out. Stalling until G|S come out.) -> Jhoto (Gen II) -> Hoenn (Gen III) -> Kanto (used to promote Emerald using the Battle Frontier & FR|LG taking place in Kanto. Stalling until D|P) -> Sinnoh (Gen IV) -> Unova (Gen V) -> ?

Maybe they will do what they did with Gen I & III & send Ash on a side quest to either Hoenn (unlikely) or an anime on region like Orange Islands (possible). they could use this side quest to promote R|S|E Remakes like they did with Gen III.

If he goes straight to the Gen VI region then maybe the remakes will be released during Gen VI or will not be released at all although I'm hoping they are.

It's sort of farfetched but it's something to work with.

P.S: For those wondering why they didn't do it with HG|SS it's because it was fully promoted in the DP Series using Lyra & promo for the Pokelthon (spellcheck) without the need of a filler ark.

Edit: If we get Remakes I'm excited to see what they do with the contest & secret bases ( I hope they bring these back)

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
When I said about the hints for RSE being made redundant, I meant that because there are no hints that actually mean anything or actually provide a substantial argument for remakes currently being planned, then unless Game Freak admits that they actually were hints, then none of the "hints" discovered by fans at present have actually been intentional.

But red Gyarados hint wasn't officially admitted to be hint, right? Game Freak doesn't officially admit hints, no matter how plausible they are. So I disagree with saying that hints need to be confirmed by Game Freak to be plausible, because it doesn't happen.
Red Gyarados is similar kind of hint like water/magma cave in B2/W2 - something reminding of the region they possibly plan to remake. I would also say that having two opposing groups of Plasma in B2/W2 could be also reference to Hoenn because no other region has two opposing groups.

Btw, speculations about R/S remakes resemble the ones about G/S remakes. Like in this article from 2007: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Diamond,_Pearl_and_what_beyond?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back