• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I would suggest because it's two Pokémon in one. Best guess.

Cyclone

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
How do you import Pokemon from other games?

To transfer from any 4th gen game (D/P/Pt, HS/SS) you need to use the PokeTransfer feature located in a building on Route 15. To transfer from B/W1 you need to trade between yourself using the IR feature. Both take 2 DS systems.

If you don't have a second DS, you'd have to trade with someone or use a third-party GTS website like PokeCheck.

Years
Also, to add on to Keiran's post the Poke Transfer is only available after beating the Elite Four.

If you don't have a second DS I recommend you should post in the Quick Trade Thread in Trade Corner since the GTS can be unreliable thanks to those silly requests. This is why the Trade Corner can be a good place to check out if you're in need of a certain Pokemon.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I am stuck on Skylab because I am underleveled
My pokemon are lv 30-34, where should I train?
I was hunting Audino in front of Celestial Tower by this point (a nice clearing for riding your Bike while keeping only the top row of grass visible), but the Audino in this area are extremely challenging at the Lv.31-34 range (and their tendency to force you to sleep with Secret Power). I advise having a couple of Fighting types to help out at first, and they may shoot ahead of your remaining party, but using the Exp. Share on the others and eventually leading those holders into battle to swap to the Fighting types (or any others you find who can handle Audino with ease) should help them gain experience quickly.

I hung around there (with frequent healing trips) until I topped out at Lv.39 on a portion of my Pokémon (about a dozen, mebbe), then took my Electric types (some under that) to visit Skyla and shocked her into a fairly instant submission.

Cyclone

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Also the breeder on the route 7 is also a good possibity how to train as he's rebattleable =)
Let me tell you...if you have several Electric types with Static (like Elekid/Electabuzz, Mareep/Flaffy/Ampharos, and Emolga), this is a GREAT place to train to get them into the 40s against a Ducklett and a Tranquil. Hand them in turn the Amulet Coin and constantly take this breeder's challenge; apparently Breeders like being defeated over and over as you will be challenged again ten seconds later. Occasionally pop into the nearby Hidden Grotto and check for something good there, and train everything else on Audinos.

Cyclone

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Is the GTS the only way to get other players into my join avenue?

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
No, they can join through local trade and battle and they will also visit when someone leaves a footprint at you Dream World home.
What about wi-fi trade and battle?
I don't use Dream World so that wouldn't work for me. xD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Any time you make contact with someone outside of your game you invite them into your Join Avenue.

Infared as well, so doing the little infared friend check counts, as well as the pass by quiz thing and entering their world through Entralink.

Years
I have another quick question. How come I see pokemon being used in random matchup with ridiculous stats and levels. Like a Level 1 Reshiram that 1 hit KO's a pokemon with only tackle? Shouldn't that be also illegitimate?

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
I have another quick question. How come I see pokemon being used in random matchup with ridiculous stats and levels. Like a Level 1 Reshiram that 1 hit KO's a pokemon with only tackle? Shouldn't that be also illegitimate?

Yes very Illegitimate
Use Dragon Moves and Murder it lol

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Yes very Illegitimate
Illegitimate isn't even the right word. I HAVE seen a Lv.1 Patrat survive against Lv.100 Pokémon (Focus Sash, Endeavor, and Quick Attack FTW), but a Lv.1 Reshiram should not even be in the game. Since they can't breed, that's as obvious a hack as any.

Cyclone

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
Illegitimate isn't even the right word. I HAVE seen a Lv.1 Patrat survive against Lv.100 Pokémon (Focus Sash, Endeavor, and Quick Attack FTW), but a Lv.1 Reshiram should not even be in the game. Since they can't breed, that's as obvious a hack as any.

Cyclone

Which is why it is Illegitimate... -_-

Years
Yes very Illegitimate

haha. It just boils my blood when I see japanese kids use hacks in a no hack zone. It's making the Random Matchup Battles impossible and unfair. I had a friend from japan who had legitimately raised pokemon with great abilities and stats. That was a fair fight and a fun one at that! I only have a few hacks but those are for personal battles. I raised 56 pokemon to level 100 without any cheats. The easy way out isn't always the final solution. :( Wish Nintendo could see this.

I'll still to normal wifi battles with friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back