• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Battling Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Keldeo is a huge threat, will definly be in the top 10 usuage. The calm mind varient is really hard to stop as it can hit on the physical side thanks to secret sword and if you run Hidden Power (ghost) you have perfect coverage. Also the specs varient is extremely poweful in rain and base 108 speed means thats its pretty hard to outpace without priority. Id expect that when Keldeo is released that rain teams will find more usuage again.

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2012
Specs Keldeo is a baller, it's like the Special Version of CB Terrakium. CM Keldeo is slightly less cooler, but still effective when used right. Latias is like the only hard counter to both sets.

Years
Specs Keldeo is even more powerful than CB Terrakion I feel. Secret sword to ruin Blissey and a rain boosted Hydro Pump destroys nearly anything that doesnt resist it. It does 47-55% to Blissey from memory.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
ya i'm in for another comm night too @ nica. it has to be in the weekend somewhere though because i really can't during school days D;

Domino™

free beer
Years
If the comm night is this weekend I'm actually gonna be so pissed. ;; Literally because I'm at a party.

Anti

return of the king
Years
PC's server is on PO... >.<

Indeed, but we go by Smogon's tiers. I didn't even know PO's forum ran its own tests, actually. Theoretically, we could make up totally random tiers for our server and go by those and we'd be allowed to do so. They don't force us to adhere to their tiers. But yeah, the only tests of any relevance here are those done on Smogon! As far as I know though, there hasn't been much news out of there, though I am out of the loop at times. :x

Years
PO's tiering is shoddy at best; they lack the resources that Smogon does and I didn't know they actually did a voting system until now, before they basically posted a discussion thread and any random could post whether to ban it or not and they went off of that.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
This thread has been completely inactive for too long, tbh.

And @ PO, I don't really like their tiers (not that I can name them but I vaguely remember them), but only because I'm used to Smogon's. :x

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Smogon's tiering has the most competitive relevance here (and in most places) while PO's tiers really only apply to themselves.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
Years
err so what is going on around the rest of the forum? Seems everyone is like overreacting about minor things, sort of glad CBC is not doing anything.

Anyway to actually like add something to this thread which relates to tiers: tbh wouldn't it be easier if Smogon just deleted the BL tiers and just merged the Pokemon into the tier above already?

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
It's not really convincing if you just talk like yourself Nica lol ^

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Nah you believed it. ;3 Nothing like what I'd say anyway :(

OH OH OH everyone go make a nu team... that is all. :3; yoshi/vrai already fulfill this requirement so they are exempt.

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
Years
I think that's an interesting discussion. I think PO's tiers are way more balanced than smogon's tiers, being the only difference in OU is chandelure and excadrill aren't banned on smogon (though im probably forgetting some other pkmn but im going off of what i remember)

Years
I take it our PO server is down for everyone else, too?

I'm onto my second NU team, which seems to be okay, but I'm having horrible luck with hax, lol.

Gurdurr seems much more dangerous in the hands of others that it does in my team... When I'm reasonably happy with the team, I might post an RMT.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Yeah, the server's down. And I'll definitely rate any NU teams that drop by!

Years
Hey guys, I just test a SubPunch set for dragonite and it actually work lol. It's a little crazy so I called him dragonuts. Here is the set:
Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Traits: Multiscale.
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Roost
- Focus Punch
- Dragon Claw
I don't know how to arrange the EVs for best performance so can you guys give some advice?

Matrss

Pure
Years
Would it be stupid to put substitute on Haxorus so it can set up swords dance? No baton passer at the moment.

Also is there any opportunity to battle at lower levels? Like level 55? I haven't had a battle with another person since I was a kid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back