• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
I don't know if anyone mentioned this before, but I'm going to post it anyway, sorry.
People have been speculating the whole X and Y theme is based on chromosome's, since there also is a 'DNA looking like image in the game's Japanese logo's. I took a closer look and it appears to be the Mega-Evolution logo! We've seen it all this time.
Spoiler:

Mega-evolutions are probably playing a big role this generation.

Last edited:

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
You will read it on serebii, pokejungle

Umm, any chance you could post a link or something to the definite type matchup list? I tried searching on Serebii for it and couldn't find a decent comprehensive list for it.

That will be kind of a letdown if the version exclusive fairies didn't evolve...

I would prefer evolutions for them, but I can't even begin to imagine Swirllix' one :( I do want it though. It would be a letdown, but GF are hardly going to focus extensively on two little version exclusives when there's a whole new game to develop?

just another question: Are the games more or less fully developed now just sitting in a top secret facility waiting for D(istribution)-Day?

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
View attachment 69315Something I stumbled upon on a Pokémon X and Y page on Facebook. It appears to be a list of all of the Pokémon that will be getting Mega evolutions.

That'd be a pretty sweet list. I wonder how accurate that is? I mean, it does look rather legit. Though, can't read Japanese, so I have no way of knowing lol. Totally cool find though, if it happens. Interesting that almost all pseudo-legendaries are getting one, and Volcarona AND Gengar? It's made my day that much better! Weird that some of the already shown mega's aren't listed though. :/

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I don't know if anyone mentioned this before, but I'm going to post it anyway, sorry.
People have been speculating the whole X and Y theme is based on chromosome's, since there also is a 'DNA looking like image in the game's Japanese logo's. I took a closer look and it appears to be the Mega-Evolution logo! We've seen it all this time.
Spoiler:

Mega-evolutions are probably playing a big role this generation.

Perhaps Xerneas and Yvetal are the ones responsible for the Mega Stones? Or have something to do with them...hmm...

FlamingRage

Can you feel my rage?
Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
I really want to know if this is true:

Fenniken: Fire/Psychic
Froakie: Water/Fighting
Chespin: Grass/Dark

I've been hearing that rumor since gen 4 when I got into pokemon. This gen it does look much more accurate than past gens, there is some suggestive evidence of the psychic/fire type (suggestive evidence being several psychic type attacks being shown very often in trailers and demos), same for the the grass/dark (dark type moves have been shown a lot, and in the anime trailer he suddenly closes his eyes and clenches his fists as if he's having a bad thought of some sort), none whatsoever of water/fighting except that some people thought he used a fighting type move in the trailer, but it looks nothing like any existing fighting type moves and looks nearly exactly like Acrobatics, a flying type move. He also knows bounce and has a supporting pokedex entry for flying type.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm incredibly biased on Froakie.

There may well be a new fighting type move that happens to look exactly like Acrobatics, and several fighting types learn bounce. So there's not really a 100% accurate yes or no yet (as for as I know at least)

It's really up to you to decide until the games come out, but for now I'm gonna call this one another fake.

Perhaps Xerneas and Yvetal are the ones responsible for the Mega Stones? Or have something to do with them...hmm...

The game seems to be based on good vs. evil (just look at the legend's names for crying out loud!)
maybe the X legend is trying to mega evolve to take out evil, while the Y legend is trying to mega evolve to take control of... Whatever a giant, evil, flying letter of the alphabet would want to take control of. Soup maybe.

And something completely off topic, I find it Hilarius that all these years they've been saying there are no bad pokemon, yet they're making one that's name has "evil" in it.

Last edited:

Years
I've been hearing that rumor since gen 4 when I got into pokemon. This gen it does look much more accurate than past gens, there is some suggestive evidence of the psychic/fire type (suggestive evidence being several psychic type attacks being shown very often in trailers and demos), same for the the grass/dark (dark type moves have been shown a lot, and in the anime trailer he suddenly closes his eyes and clenches his fists as if he's having a bad thought of some sort), none whatsoever of water/fighting except that some people thought he used a fighting type move in the trailer, but it looks nothing like any existing fighting type moves and looks nearly exactly like Acrobatics, a flying type move. He also knows bounce and has a supporting pokedex entry for flying type.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm incredibly biased on Froakie.

There may well be a new fighting type move that happens to look exactly like Acrobatics, and several fighting types learn bounce. So there's not really a 100% accurate yes or no yet (as for as I know at least)

It's really up to you to decide until the games come out, but for now I'm gonna call this one another fake.

The game seems to be based on good vs. evil (just look at the legend's names for crying out loud!)
maybe the X legend is trying to mega evolve to take out evil, while the Y legend is trying to mega evolve to take control of... Whatever a giant, evil, flying letter of the alphabet would want to take control of. Soup maybe.

And something completely off topic, I find it Hilarius that all these years they've been saying there are no bad pokemon, yet they're making one that's name has "evil" in it.
I know Yvetal but Xerneas has to do something with a word meaning good? This is the first I hear of it...

I don't think it'll be Good vs. Evil...seems too generic...not even Gen V did that.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I really want to know if this is true:

Fenniken: Fire/Psychic
Froakie: Water/Fighting
Chespin: Grass/Dark

It is not confirmed, but the person who did leak it, has been right on a good amount of stuff, but also been right on some. Plus I think Pokemon Game Show supported Fire/Psy greatly with Fenniken knowing Psybeam.

Sorry, I did not see the previous person post answering this.

Anyways, I also think the cotton candy pokemon will evolve in to a cotton candy poodle. Poodle's are originally from France after all. ( I think. They are called Fench Poodle's after all. )

Years
That looks great, However, They are missing already confirmed ones. No Mawile, Absol or Mewtwo?

Going by what the pic shows, does this mean we could be seeing all starters get Mega Evolutions? It could be a possibility given Mega Blaziken was shown, and the event Torchic was announced.

Years
If the other starters will also be getting Mega's I'm guessing they'll all have events (except for Gen VI's if they are getting ones too as I see their's being given post league by the Mega Evolution gym leader). I hope they aren't too spread out though.

Years
I'd be willing to bet that the Mega Evolutions will have something to do with genetics and/or that chromosome motif with X & Y. It'd be really crazy if you could breed for it, which actually would make the most sense.

And that 3D Gabite tho. :3

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
So I read somewhere that you run by default, and pressing B causes your character to walk. Does anyone have confirmation of this?

Years
IF THE THIRD LEGENDARY WERE REAL.
Here are my guesses on its color
220px-Drapeau_de_la_France.png

1. Kalos is based on France. And the France Flag has 3 color: Blue (Xerneas), Red (Yvetal) and White. So the third could be white

Legendary_dogs_by_Shivita.jpg

2. There are a few trio with 3 colors Red, Blue, Yellow like Moltres, Articuno, Zapdos; Raikou, Entei, Suicune..... Xerneas is blue, Yvetal is red so the third could be yellow

1364953431563.png

3. There are a few trio with 3 colors Red, Blue, Green like Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyorge.... Xerneas is blue, Yvetal is red, so the third could be green

PLEASE DON't JUDGE ME!!!

Back