• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Individual Sub Forums

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
So as I was browsing the General Entertainment "sub-forum" I started thinking.
I don't really see many sports threads or threads about individual anime and the ones that do pop up usually end up at the bottom of the page because there are so many other threads in General Entertainment.

I was thinking... Why aren't there individual sub-forums for Sports, Anime, TV/Movies, and Music? It may seem like it would just be a waste of space and these individual forums wont be posted in as much but, I believe that people would be less wary of their threads being covered up by others that they don't care about and that more people would decide to post things that they usually wouldn't in General Entertainment.

I know I'm pretty new and I shouldn't be speaking out of place i guess :3c but, it was something that's been on my mind for a while.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Because there wouldn't be enough of them for it to merit a subforum. Besides, that would clear up all of GE's active threads if you made subforums for every category GE covered. Then what would be the point of GE?

We used to have Japanese Entertainment (where anime and manga was) but it wasn't active enough to stay its own forum, so it was merged into GE. I don't think there are even enough anime/manga threads in GE right now to suffice for a JE subforum. That applies to the other categories you mentioned as well.

Sirfetch’d

Yeah generally sections without subforums don't have them because everything that needs to be discussed can be done without them. Recently BC just all merged into one forum because with the 3 subforums it just wasn't active enough :\

Sirfetch’d

I'm all for the prefix system. It works well in BC and other sections it is used in and I think it would be a great solution to this as well.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Prefixes make much more sense than subforums. Though I think Dave should get in here and give his piece, since it's his forum.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Prefixes are good, but that's already been covered. I just wanted to comment on a small thing you said.

I know I'm pretty new and I shouldn't be speaking out of place i guess :3c but, it was something that's been on my mind for a while.

Doesn't matter if you're new or old, mate. A suggestion is a suggestion. And as long as it's not completely stupid, it's always welcome, don't hesitate if you think up of something good. :3

Years
Being able to suggest things has nothing to do with your account age, so no worries there, Chili! :) Feel free to suggest whatever you like!

I do think that subforums for all these categories would spread GE out too much, though, and in turn might make the board look more inactive as it'd be made up of subforums with only a few threads in each one. Prefixes do sound wonderful however, and I'd be fully for that!

Years
While GE doesn't warrant enough activity to have individual subforums, a prefix system is close enough to differentiate each thread's subject, like Music, TV/Movies, Sport etc. I'm all for a prefix system being added to threads.

Years
I think prefixes or better tagging would be a great idea, actually. But individual subforums i not the way to go. All it would do is drain activity away from the main forum, and chances, are, the subforum itself wouldn't be active enough to make up for it.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Actually, I'm really loving you right now for suggesting this. I wasn't keen on the idea before (though it wasn't as developed as your suggestion, of course!) but it seems like it would not only work but also make finding certain threads, namely anime since I don't really think all the different types of entertainment venues need prefixes, a lot easier. Thank you so much for getting this out there! :]

Back