• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frostbite to the Feet: An Ice Type Fan Club!

Google2.0

Stand Alone Complex
Years
Say your name: Ico
Favorite Elite Four or Gym Leader specializing of the ice type: Lorelei of course
Favorite 2 Ice types Cloyster, Glaceon

What do you think about Ice-type's nearly-godlike status in Generation I games?
I actually never payed attention to that back then. I knew about the stats thing tho but that's about it.

Last edited:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Say your name: Ico
Favorite Elite Four or Gym Leader specializing of the ice type: Lorelei of course
Favorite 2 Ice types Cloyster, Glaceon

I'll answer the topics later.

We'll await for your replies then. ;)

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Ice Bomb-The user launches a huge ball of ice at the foe, which explodes on contact to deal damage. This moves generates the weather effect Hail for 5 turns.
100 base power
100 accuracy
10 pp
Additional Notes-
30% freeze chance
Sharply lowers Attack
Physical Attack
Cool move in contests
(kinda a ice type earthquake...)

Say your name: Rico
Favorite Elite Four or Gym Leader specializing of the ice type: Wulfric! Candace comes close!
Favorite 2 Ice types: Lapras and Spheal

I'm Den!

Favorite Elite Four or Gym Leader specializing of the ice type: I think Lorelei is really cool and pretty. Ever since I was a little girl I looked up to her!

Favorite 2 Ice types. Delibird and Swinub! Delibird is absolutely adorable and a really fun Pokemon to use in battle, although it's sort of gimmicky. I remember it being my favorite out of the gen 2 Pokemon when they came out. As for Swinub... It's just so cute! Who can resist that face?

New topics to discuss
Which Ice-type Pokémon deserves a Mega Evolution?
Which Ice-type Mega Evolution does not deserve its Mega Evolution?

Twilight Storm

just your average weirdo ;D
Years
Mega Mamoswine would be cool, but don't like Mega Glalie that much...
8473-Mega-Mamoswine.png

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Spoiler:

On to our new topic to keep this drier than dry ice club active

[S-HIGHLIGHT]Since this is a topic and discussion that covers about controversy, I need to make a special warning, keep a level head. The following topic is not meant to cause any forms of argument or flames. A healthy and calm debate is perfectly fine, however.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Without any further ado, here are the questions and topic to discuss.
  1. Do you really think Jynx is a 'negative racial stereotype of African-Americans'*?
    *Described by a critic/author named Carole Boston Weatherford, which sparked the controversy.
  2. Do you think the allegation against Jynx is the reason why she didn't get an evolution in Generation IV* as well as a Mega Evolution in Generation VI*? If so, was it fair to Jynx to get ignored?
    *Jynx's peers Magmar and Electabuzz, each received an evolution in Diamond and Pearl versions. Jynx, Magmar and Electabuzz received a baby evolutionary relative in Gold and SIlver versions.
    *Mega Jynx is trademarked like those Pokémon that received Mega Evolution in Pokémon X and Y. http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.jp/2013/08/registered-trademark-and-mega-pokemon.html
    Please note the article's date, it is published before X and Y are available in stores.

Jynx shares a similarity with an another Ice-type Pokémon, Frolass, who made its debut in Generation IV.
    • Similar typing, Ice-type and their secondary types are related to supernatural elements.
    • Same origins, both are based on Yuki-onna, a female snow spirit or a supernatural monster in Japanese folklore.
    • Similar stats, most notably their Special Attack and Speed. With Jynx slightly better on the Special Attack, while Froslass is faster than the humanlike Pokémon.
    • Similar coloration, Froslass has a red ohashori while Jynx has a red dress. Most notably their 'flesh' are purple.
  3. Do you think Frolass was intended to be Jynx's intended evolution? (Probably under a different design, think Blaziken/Latias' initial design, Frolass might have a different base stat than her finalized stat.)
  4. Do you think it was a wise decision to change Jynx's face color? Why?
  5. The color change might helped Nintendo or Game Freak to run away from potential troubles, but did it helped Jynx?

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2017
My name is Jack aka Biogoji, my favorite Ice Type user is Candice and my two favorite ice types are Cloyster and Kyruem Black and now time to talk about Jynx.

Alright so in my little friendship group we have a few Pokemon Jokes even through me and my friend Nathan are the only ones who play the games regularly and the Jynx Controversy is something we joke about not as much as Hypno is Rolf Harris as a Pokemon or Charizard is da best Pokemon ever but it is still something we joke about and the reason why we joke about is due it's stupidity.

1. I believe that Jynx is not a racial stereotype of African-Americans so what if it's black there's a few Pokemon that are Black and by this logic then surely every Black Pokemon is a racial stereotype.
2. But unfortunately I do believe that this is why Jynx has been ignored due this as I'm sure gamefreak and Nintendo wouldn't want to come under fire because let's face it these days nearly everything is offensive to somebody.
3. I can see the similarities between Jynx and Frolass so maybe it was might to be Jynx's Magmorater and Electivire.
4. Yes I do, while I don't believe Jynx is a racial stereotype gamefreak did need to do something to get the heat off them if they hadn't had changed it probably would have been brought up again which would have made more controversy.
5. While it has helped Nintendo it has did shit all for Jynx who has been ignored since Gen 2.

Back