• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CHECK OUT MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP!

Digital Waffle

57 61 66 66 6C 65
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 18, 2018
Considering Windows XP didn't have silly forced upgrades I'd rather be using Windows XP right now to be honest.

The fact my laptop isn't exactly the fastest doesn't quite help either ;_;

If only I didn't need to things on Windows and could join the linux masterrace forever

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I mean, this OS is pretty lit.

Spoiler:

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Windows XP will keep on being part of my computing memory, especially because it's the OS inside my first computer. I've been using XP for so long before eventually switching to Windows 7 and then 8.1 in two of my laptops, but it has been a blast using XP for years. I enjoyed it for being simple yet looks nice and pretty, especially for that classical Luna theme and some nice choices of wallpapers. At times I miss the search feature with the doggy (or any other characters) in it.

Last edited:
Years
I remember back about 10 years ago I'd always use "acquired" copies of XP. Never really had any problems and if I did, I'd just reinstall the whole thing. I didn't have internet for a long time after it got popular, so viruses were not really an issue at first.

I am glad I'm on Windows 7 now though. XP served me well but 7 is serving me even better.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 17, 2018
Does this windows XP is the only right platform to run emulators on PC?

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
Years
I had used Windows XP back in Middle School. I like how it was compatiable with various games old and new, but I guess I had to upgrade to 10 sooner or later.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Windows XP was okay I guess... it got too many viruses, though (partly my fault as a kid, but) switching to Windows 7 kind of felt much better. I've never really had a BSOD or crash since moving to it.

....Haven't really used Windows XP since 2013 or 2014, if recall...

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
It did a lot right and honestly modern Microsoft could stand to learn from some of the UX decisions, but using it for general use in 2018 is insane; there are absolutely massive security problems because it's not being updated and since it hasn't been updated with support for newer development frameworks, a lot of applications no longer support it. Pretty much all of the major browsers stopped supporting it quite a while ago, meaning if you use it for internet use, you're insecure both at the browser level and the OS level. That's really, really dangerous.

Back