• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: ModExe - Emerald

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the w
Years
Small Fixes Update:
Offset conflict correction between Ev-Iv display and Tweak Info Nature.
Fixed Repel Script.
Download link is in the post, enjoy.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
This modexe aims to facilitate the quick addition of small mods/changes to your Emerald rom hack. In all there are 58 mods available in the tool, I hope to be able to make more mods available in the future. The proper credits of each mod are contained in the hack file.ini, it is worth mentioning the reading of the Note.txt file to settle your doubts and regarding some available functions. Another observation, my native language is the Portuguese, so I apologize if you don't understand something, translate everything using Google Translate.
If any mod is with the color green is sign that it has been inserted or already exists in your rom hack. If any mod is yellow in color is a sign that something has been inserted into the offset intended for the mod, in which case you will have to insert it manually. To insert some mod just click on it with the right mouse button and select the option 'Set modified', and to remove the mod just select the option "Original set". All mods have been tested and are working perfectly. Any doubt or anything like that is just comment, in the best hacking rom.

Here are some images of the mods available:
Spoiler:

How to add the Ev-Iv Display:
Open the modexe, click file and then click load ini, select the File Ev-Iv Display.ini, then open the rom in the modexe
to apply this mod. To apply the other mods in the rom just follow the steps above and then select the file hacks.ini.
Note: Modexe will take a while to properly read the Ev-Iv Display file.ini because it contains a lot of data, just be patient.

Attention: Expand your rom to 32MB before applying this mod.

Link Download: Modexe - Emerald

Activate all mystery gifts, except for changing cave

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
Can you add Denav ? You work is very good, thanks you.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 7, 2023
the fire red one has replaced cacophany with snow warning, could that get added?

Li Yun

Years
Can you add Denav ? You work is very good, thanks you.

There is no Déxnav for Emerald Binary. It only exists for decomp's Emerald, and I don't know how to make it binary compatible with Emerald.

the fire red one has replaced cacophany with snow warning, could that get added?

I will be able to verify this and get back to you soon.

Years
  • Age 119
  • Seen Jan 31, 2022
I ported the ModExe (FR) Sturdy update. Feel free adding it to Emerald if you want to.

At 0x0479E2, replace 65 28 with CE 29.

At 0x0479D2, replace 1D 4A 1D 48 01 88 48 00 40 18 80 00 with 01 48 00 47 00 00 XX+1 XX XX 08 1A 4A.

In free space (ending with 0, 4, 8 or C), insert 18 78 58 21 48 43 80 18 20 30 01 78 05 29 03 D1 81 89 00 89 88 42 05 D0 07 48 01 88 48 00 40 18 06 4A 10 47 56 20 06 49 1A 78 10 01 40 18 02 21 01 70 04 48 00 47 00 00 EA 41 02 02 DD 79 04 08 48 C8 04 02 07 7A 04 08.

XX+1 XX XX requires a reverse pointer to the ASM above. For example, if I inserted the ASM at 0xFF3E00, I'd write 01 3E FF.

Years
i have a question sir about the option for SHINY...why is it when you enabled it the portrait of pokemon in birch's opening becomes shiny and also when you choose one of the 3 starters....is this different than the Mod Fire Red...in Fire Red there is no problem....

Years
HI SIR!!!!...im using this mods for Pokemon Emerald....and im curious where is these items LINK TRADE SHINY DUSK and ICE STONE to find?...where are they located?....thanks in advance sir!!!

Years
Hi sir!!!! im using this mod on my normal Pokemon Emerald Game as quality of life improvement...and then there is an option on items LINK TRADE SHINY DUSK and ICE STONE....where are they located?...where can i find them?...and also i hope you can also add an option like in Fire Red where changing the SIZE MENU in the Pokedex as a STAT Viewer....OR is this a patch only for this....i hope you can update this mod.ini THANK IN ADVANCE SIR!!!!!!!..

Li Yun

Years
I ported the ModExe (FR) Sturdy update. Feel free adding it to Emerald if you want to.

Spoiler:

Thanks for sharing. I will add this in the next update to modexe.

i have a question sir about the option for SHINY...why is it when you enabled it the portrait of pokemon in birch's opening becomes shiny and also when you choose one of the 3 starters....is this different than the Mod Fire Red...in Fire Red there is no problem....
Looks like it's a bug. I will check and see if I can find a fix.

HI SIR!!!!...im using this mods for Pokemon Emerald....and im curious where is these items LINK TRADE SHINY DUSK and ICE STONE to find?...where are they located?....thanks in advance sir!!!
Hi sir!!!! im using this mod on my normal Pokemon Emerald Game as quality of life improvement...and then there is an option on items LINK TRADE SHINY DUSK and ICE STONE....where are they located?...where can i find them?...and also i hope you can also add an option like in Fire Red where changing the SIZE MENU in the Pokedex as a STAT Viewer....OR is this a patch only for this....i hope you can update this mod.ini THANK IN ADVANCE SIR!!!!!!!..
Sorry for what I'm going to say because I'll be a bit rude: After applying this mod, did you at least open the rom items tab by PGE, or any other item editor, to check this first?
I applied this mod here now in Emerald, and then opened the item editor via PGE. It was very easy and quick to find the items entered.

Years
Thanks for sharing. I will add this in the next update to modexe.

Looks like it's a bug. I will check and see if I can find a fix.

Sorry for what I'm going to say because I'll be a bit rude: After applying this mod, did you at least open the rom items tab by PGE, or any other item editor, to check this first?
I applied this mod here now in Emerald, and then opened the item editor via PGE. It was very easy and quick to find the items entered.

YES!!! i can see them in the PGE.... BUT all i can see are Description Pointer and Field Usage Pointer and the prices...and then went to every Mart..but i cant see them..are these an add on items or replaced non useful items registered in Emerald that needs more function... because in the "NOTE" text of the ModExe Emerald there are no description... i hope something more specific informations like the other mods for example... SHINY STONE replaces GUARD SPEC and then available to Lilycove Mart or either if its a field collect item....something like DUSK STONE replaces MAX REPEL in Route 120....because i have done these replacements items in my Pokemon Fire Red...items that are in Throwback and add them exactly in my Normal Pokemon Fire Red.....its just i wanted to know where are they located and can be collected is it in the Poke Mart or a specific Location in Hoenn just like other Rom Hacks where they changed some items...THANKS!!!!

Last edited:

Li Yun

Years
Spoiler:

Modexe just inserts the stones in the game. I didn't edit the map or mart to put them there. This is your job.
The stones were inserted into an index where it was not used before. It doesn't substitute any item to add them.

Years
THANK SO MUCH!!!!...now its finally clear sir!!!... it just inserts them...and it is still in our end to do its function.... i hope you can also update the mods on Emerald sir...and add more options...i really want the option like in the Fire Red Mod Exe where you can change the SIZE Viewer in Pokedex into BASE STAT Summary Viewer...that is more helpful than the Size Viewer..Blazing Emerald Rom Hack have it.....im just fine in my Normal Pokemon Emerald game...with quality of life improvements... THANKS AGAIN SIR!!!!....

Years
Sir!!!.....in Fire Red Mod Exe Add Item option for Choice Specs Choice Scarf and Link Stone are the same setup in Mod Exe Emerald?...it also just inserts them?....

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 4, 2024
Repel system seems have an issue.
If you use Super Repel or Max Repel, after effect gone, it will use Repel instead of use Super or Max one...

Years
  • Age 119
  • Seen Jan 31, 2022
There's nothing you can do about this, but there's an issue with the physical/special split. Aside from the minor issues (flickering icons when scrolling, icons instantly disappearing during fades), I found a pretty major one in the move deleter menu when CANCEL is selected. As you can see, the move icon remains on screen.

yikes.png

The decomp version from DizzyEgg's hacked engine V2 on the other hand is much more polished, and doesn't have any of these issues. But porting it to binary is impossible, as far as I know.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Fantastic tool! Great for people like me that always have problems when changing the game lol
Looking forward for next updates! Keep up the good work!

Years
hey can you make a different download link? when i go to google drive, the website just turned into white screen.

Back