• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Adding New Battle Backgrounds (CFRU)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 8, 2021
Hey , I wanted to add a new battle background to the game without changing the vanilla ones. I know how to change existing ones but I havent found anything about new ones. I am using the CFRU as well. There, the documentation doesnt state anything what format or similar the image has to be. Also nothing is mentioned how to defines are connected to the actual image and tilemap. The grassy terrain images in the graphics folder for example are just tilemaps but doing the same with my background doesnt change anything in-game or loads a black background instead. I also edited everything that the grassy terrain-png also had defined and inserted but to no avail. My tilemap seems to look fine, but it's just a png-picture. I don't know how to insert .raw tilemaps without unLZ and replacing existing ones and even if I could how would I tell the engine where the map, image and palette is located for the specific define. so help here on how to do it would be amazing, cause I struggled a lot with it last night and I have no clue what to do else now.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 14, 2022
For what purpose? do you want custom terrains? or backgrounds in general? i can help with the first one

Back