• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Quite a big update I saw. Congrats for that. By the way have you saw the screenie I posted earlier about that Gamer guy? Also I want to ask you about the move Dragon Claw of my Garchomp. I tried using Swords Dance with it but it's Attack damage remains the same...

Yeah, the gamer guy is meant to be that way. He never won a battle so I set his Pokemon up that way. Dragon Claw was considered a sp.atk in 3rd gen, so swords dance won't help it. Garchomp's Swords Dance + Earthquake combo pretty much 1 or 2 hit KOs the entire game. So when you're using swords dance, go with that move as a follow up. Or use Iron Head, Brick Break, or Stone Edge. Those are Chomp's best Atk moves I believe.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 25, 2021
You'll start off with either Dragonite, Salamence, or Garchomp at Lv10. Their moves will be weaker than the ones your dragon had at the end of dark rising 1.
Thats really awesome & brilliant as it sort of maintains the continuity from DR1 on the pokemon front apart from the characters themselves :)

Not sure actually lol, I'll look into it tomorrow. Anyone else find any mushrooms? I made sure all of the Pokemon learned their best moves leveling up so the move tutor isn't as important as he is in the original games.
I think you can buy mushrooms at DarkRising HQ..:)

It's pretty safe, ? icon doesn't bug the game anyhow.
Thanks for the info buddy..i just restarted my game from spirit tower..& now i have Giratina :D

edit- hey i still want to know why is my badge count 7 ??? i have defeated giovanni at tiki village too..though he said something like that fang badge belonged to omni region..is that so??

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2013
thanks for the hack but it doesnt work for me, the opening movie was bugged and after the press start screen, there was a message that said "The 1M Circuit Board is not installed". And after the button-instructions, there was supposed to be some credits but its all in hyroglyphic, and then theres a pic of arceus and it restarted. Any way to fix that?

EDIT: nvm, applied the save patch and it works now

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
Hey, I finally finished the game! After 120 hours, and catching 281 pokemons! :P
Awesome, just awesome! The storyline is great, the level of difficult is so high, and that makes it one of best hacks I´ve ever played. With such strong opponents, you have to be strategical about which pokemon use, and which attacks put on them. At some games (original ones or hacks), the hardest opponent you get has a lv80 Pokemon or something, and normally it isn´t a strong pokemon. When your pokemons pass this level, the game just become pointless. Like, with a powerful lv100 pokemon, almost all of your attacks are 1 hit KO´s at the elite 4. The elite four of this game, and the final battle... Just Awesome. I had a hard time trying to defeat the champion, since I did not use any legendary pokemon at my team. I just love the difficult and the history line, love it. Congrats, an thanks for this hack, really ;)
Can´t wait to see Dark Rising 2 :)
I have some questions now that I finished the game:

- The girl at the entrace of the "Indigo Plateau" ( I think the name in this Hack is Malice Courtyard). My character says that he can sense that there´s a dragon on her pokeball, but i didn´t fight against her. Who is she? Did i get a battle with her?
- I get the Reshiram core, but after a capture it, the Zekrom core was gone. Am I supposed to get only one of them?
- Is there any events that trigger after I beat the elite 4? I saw some people saying that there´s an opitional battle against Giovanni... Is there anything to do after beat the elite?
- I didn´t find Groudon... where is he?
- Like I said in my other post, I get stucked when a Hiker freezes my game, an just to pass him I used an walkthrough walls code. I used it some other time just for fun, without saving, and I find a place called Tao Route. I´d never get in that place before, and I finished the game without knowing how to get there. How can I get there, and there´s something to do in this place?

And just sharing something that I found. I notice that Giratina was not supposed to be catched, since it belongs to the 8th gym leader. And ultra ball has 0% chance to get it, and to go on at the storyline, you have to defeat it at the spirit tower. But using one of my master balls I was able to catch it. But it didn´t learn any attack :( It cames with Shadow Claw and Dragon Claw only :/ Still, great pokemon, high stats (:

Hope someone can help :)
And thanks for this hack DarkRisingGirl, really really great! Congrats!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2014
I see that the final release was put up yesterday i will now play and finish this game after i beat all 16 gym members in liquid crystal :D

ChibiAsh

The Lepreon
Years
  • Age 32
  • US
  • Seen Feb 1, 2013
I love this idea (and downloaded all the files for it, respectively) but I can't play it due to it not being an .nds , .gba , or .gbc file? What emulator plays the .isp file? :c

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2017
So far so good, I have just one little issue. The rival pokemon's movesets. While we are toiling around with barely decent movesets our rivals are using thunderbolts,dragon pulses and hyper beams on lvl30! It's pretty unfair, especially so when a Kadabra can only take out 30% hp on a jolteon with psybeam. I can win with my experience in pokemon games but it's pretty damn unfair

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Hey, I finally finished the game! After 120 hours, and catching 281 pokemons! :P
Awesome, just awesome! The storyline is great, the level of difficult is so high, and that makes it one of best hacks I´ve ever played. With such strong opponents, you have to be strategical about which pokemon use, and which attacks put on them. At some games (original ones or hacks), the hardest opponent you get has a lv80 Pokemon or something, and normally it isn´t a strong pokemon. When your pokemons pass this level, the game just become pointless. Like, with a powerful lv100 pokemon, almost all of your attacks are 1 hit KO´s at the elite 4. The elite four of this game, and the final battle... Just Awesome. I had a hard time trying to defeat the champion, since I did not use any legendary pokemon at my team. I just love the difficult and the history line, love it. Congrats, an thanks for this hack, really ;)
Can´t wait to see Dark Rising 2 :)
I have some questions now that I finished the game:

- The girl at the entrace of the "Indigo Plateau" ( I think the name in this Hack is Malice Courtyard). My character says that he can sense that there´s a dragon on her pokeball, but i didn´t fight against her. Who is she? Did i get a battle with her?
- I get the Reshiram core, but after a capture it, the Zekrom core was gone. Am I supposed to get only one of them?
- Is there any events that trigger after I beat the elite 4? I saw some people saying that there´s an opitional battle against Giovanni... Is there anything to do after beat the elite?
- I didn´t find Groudon... where is he?
- Like I said in my other post, I get stucked when a Hiker freezes my game, an just to pass him I used an walkthrough walls code. I used it some other time just for fun, without saving, and I find a place called Tao Route. I´d never get in that place before, and I finished the game without knowing how to get there. How can I get there, and there´s something to do in this place?

And just sharing something that I found. I notice that Giratina was not supposed to be catched, since it belongs to the 8th gym leader. And ultra ball has 0% chance to get it, and to go on at the storyline, you have to defeat it at the spirit tower. But using one of my master balls I was able to catch it. But it didn´t learn any attack :( It cames with Shadow Claw and Dragon Claw only :/ Still, great pokemon, high stats (:

Hope someone can help :)
And thanks for this hack DarkRisingGirl, really really great! Congrats!

Glad you enjoyed it! ^.^ Here's the answers to your questions:

-The girl in front of the Malice Courtyard is Jalice, a girl who will be a main rival in Dark Rising 2. You can't battle her, but her having a dragon indicates something important in Dark Rising 2. Remember, all of the main characters in the hack have Dragons ^.^ (And remember...Only You & Kaz took Pokeballs from Ivan. There was still 1 left...)

- Yes, you can only get one Dragon.

- Giovanni is in the cave where Thunderus disappears. However, it's best to return there After your Pokemon are in the 80s-90s. His Pokemon are very powerful & if you defeat him, he tells events of what is going to happen in Dark Rising 2.

-Groundon is in Inferno Mountain. You have to use Strength on the boulders after getting the HM from Kisho, the trainer you battle before entering Montage Fortress for the first time.

-The hiker problem has been fixed in the latest update. Tao route is a route that was orginally planed before reaching Dragon Valley. But it will be a add-on map in Dark Rising 1.5 & the house in Mystic Falls will be opened in that version as well.

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2016
For the final update can we repatch the current one? I don't want to have to start a new game.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
For the final update can we repatch the current one? I don't want to have to start a new game.

You don't have to start a new game, you can just repatch it to a new fire red rom & go to load on your emulator, then find your save file and select it. Then, walk in & out of any building. Afterwards, all of the updates will be programed into the hack and work.

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2016
You don't have to start a new game, you can just repatch it to a new fire red rom & go to load on your emulator, then find your save file and select it. Then, walk in & out of any building. Afterwards, all of the updates will be programed into the hack and work.

Thanks. Is their a list of the updates?

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2013
where can i download the ips? i know the obvious answer is the main page, but it isnt working for me.

XXVIII

Romhacker Wannabe
Years
The new moves that you insert in this hack still have the old description of the moves you replaced. My bagon learned Dragon Pulse and in the description it says it always take 40 hp damage something like that. Thinking it is a weak move I cancelled teaching it to my bagon. Then, here comes a rival battle and his dragonair is 1-hit KOing my pokemons using Dragon Pulse which I expect to only inflict 40 hp damage. There are also other moves like this like zen headbutt.

Another bug I encountered is the events are repeated when you return to that place. Example is the Brock with Entei and the battle with professor in the battle cave.

Overall I'm enjoying this hack because the difficulty is very challenging.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
The new moves that you insert in this hack still have the old description of the moves you replaced. My bagon learned Dragon Pulse and in the description it says it always take 40 hp damage something like that. Thinking it is a weak move I cancelled teaching it to my bagon. Then, here comes a rival battle and his dragonair is 1-hit KOing my pokemons using Dragon Pulse which I expect to only inflict 40 hp damage. There are also other moves like this like zen headbutt.

Another bug I encountered is the events are repeated when you return to that place. Example is the Brock with Entei and the battle with professor in the battle cave.

Overall I'm enjoying this hack because the difficulty is very challenging.

Sorry about the move situation, I'm going to fix those descriptions this week and update it by the end of the week. For now, when you need to know how strong the move is or what it does, use an online source like Serebii.net

Years
thanks for the hack but it doesnt work for me, the opening movie was bugged and after the press start screen, there was a message that said "The 1M Circuit Board is not installed". And after the button-instructions, there was supposed to be some credits but its all in hyroglyphic, and then theres a pic of arceus and it restarted. Any way to fix that?

EDIT: nvm, applied the save patch and it works now
Set your emulator settings towards Flash 128 KBytes and you will not get the error message again

I love this idea (and downloaded all the files for it, respectively) but I can't play it due to it not being an .nds , .gba , or .gbc file? What emulator plays the .isp file? :c
You must patch that IPS file with a clean FireRed ROM and play using VBA emulator.

So far so good, I have just one little issue. The rival pokemon's movesets. While we are toiling around with barely decent movesets our rivals are using thunderbolts,dragon pulses and hyper beams on lvl30! It's pretty unfair, especially so when a Kadabra can only take out 30% hp on a jolteon with psybeam. I can win with my experience in pokemon games but it's pretty damn unfair
The game is meant to be that hard so you must live up with it. Because we cannot just spend some 20-25 hours to finish this game for what the creator has put so much hard work in it that will be gone useless.

Yeah, the gamer guy is meant to be that way. He never won a battle so I set his Pokemon up that way. Dragon Claw was considered a sp.atk in 3rd gen, so swords dance won't help it. Garchomp's Swords Dance + Earthquake combo pretty much 1 or 2 hit KOs the entire game. So when you're using swords dance, go with that move as a follow up. Or use Iron Head, Brick Break, or Stone Edge. Those are Chomp's best Atk moves I believe.
So much for that Dragon Claw I say but it is OK as Earthquake can enjoy its benefits. Thanks for the reply by the way.

Well I was playing the hack yesterday when I saw LIGHT guy with this poke. Can you tell me its type and how many more Fakemons are included like this and Darugis?
2dsh2md.jpg

Also when I defeated LIGHT his sprite remained there along with those lost children of Salem
cp6iq.jpg

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Set your emulator settings towards Flash 128 KBytes and you will not get the error message again

You must patch that IPS file with a clean FireRed ROM and play using VBA emulator.

The game is meant to be that hard so you must live up with it. Because we cannot just spend some 20-25 hours to finish this game for what the creator has put so much hard work in it that will be gone useless.

So much for that Dragon Claw I say but it is OK as Earthquake can enjoy its benefits. Thanks for the reply by the way.

Well I was playing the hack yesterday when I saw LIGHT guy with this poke. Can you tell me its type and how many more Fakemons are included like this and Darugis?
2dsh2md.jpg

Also when I defeated LIGHT his sprite remained there along with those lost children of Salem
cp6iq.jpg

There's only 2. Conarp & Blazard. I THINK it's Dark/Fire. But thanks for telling me they stayed there, I'll get to that as well.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
So Conarp finally has new sprite... I remember battling him with his old sprite in the first beta... :D
Oh, and Light stayed there as well... I did not pay attention to it as it doesn't crash your game or anything =)

Years
Hi. I'm using a blackberry to download games but I can't open this file as it is .rar n I really wanna play dis game. It seems awesome! Is there any way I can download this or do u have this file that is mobile compatible? Any help would be appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2014
I really do enjoy playing this hack, but it is just getting too difficult for me. I noticed a sudden spike in difficulty when I first fought Brock (and then my rival straight after!) and have pretty much been able to deal with it by grinding lots. I had to defeat Light's Tyranitar by paralyzing, and using save states so it would never hit me XD. Anyway, overpowered opponents wouldn't be a problem if everything was updated similarly - I notice the levels in the wild have been raised but not nearly enough. Also, the marts still have their regular stock so no hyper potions when fighting Light beneath Salem. I'm now fighting Kyurem B and W to the west of Salem but I simply cannot land a hit - I always get sweeped straight off the bat and it just takes too long to grind on level 20's. Although maybe I'm playing an older version because they're level 70 but they're only 55 in the screenshots. Anyways, thanks for a great, finished, hack and a great challenge - even if it is a little too challenging for me XD

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2015
Can somebody tell me what to do after i finished "search fo shappire" event ?? My computer is dead show i cann't watch the walkthrough online

Last edited:
Back