Sheep

she/her
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
32,650 posts
14.7 Years

Staff Feedback Thread
Previous iteration here.

As with previous versions, this thread's purpose is for you, the members, to provide comments on how you feel the forum staff team is handling the forum. Do you have a comment on a moderation situation you feel could have been managed better? General feedback for our staff? Then you're encouraged to let us know here.

Kindly remember that this thread is for constructive feedback. Please stay respectful when posting. We take all feedback seriously and a staff member will respond to your post as soon as possible.

If you have questions, feel free to reach out to an Administrator or the Webmaster. Thank you for making PC a better place. =)

art blog | art thread | vpp | mal | ffxiv
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

ZeoStar

dream world
Seen 12 Minutes Ago
Posted 50 Minutes Ago
6,255 posts
3.7 Years
It doesn't happen as often, but the site would often go down for a while, and it would be a while before any response on social media. From somebody who usually checks Twitter for these kinds of updates, it would nice if some sort of time frame was posted. (Even if it's not known how long the site will be down, it would still be nice to hear).

I remember one particular night when I wanted to check the site before sleeping, but it was down. After going to school and coming home the next day, it was still down. A bit later, an update was finally posted to the twitter page. (Preferably could have been sooner).

That said, I'm aware of some of the changes that have went on with staff over the past year. I don't know if this is related, but it's been such a big improvement that the site isn't constantly becoming unavailable. It was slightly frustrating when I wanted to check, but was commonly seeing down time.
http://www.simpleimageresizer.com/_uploads/photos/1c9662e4/cloud_3_400x350.jpg

professor plum

Age 29
he/him/his
louisiana
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
It doesn't happen as often, but the site would often go down for a while, and it would be a while before any response on social media. From somebody who usually checks Twitter for these kinds of updates, it would nice if some sort of time frame was posted. (Even if it's not known how long the site will be down, it would still be nice to hear).

I remember one particular night when I wanted to check the site before sleeping, but it was down. After going to school and coming home the next day, it was still down. A bit later, an update was finally posted to the twitter page. (Preferably could have been sooner).

That said, I'm aware of some of the changes that have went on with staff over the past year. I don't know if this is related, but it's been such a big improvement that the site isn't constantly becoming unavailable. It was slightly frustrating when I wanted to check, but was commonly seeing down time.
Hi there, I'm one of the current Social Media Team Leaders. When the site was having issues earlier this year, we tried to make sure something was eventually posted, but I think maybe the it wasn't in the timeliest fashion or for every downtime.

Going forward, I think if we see the site has been down longer than 30 minutes, we'll definitely make an awareness post on both the Facebook and Twitter pages. :) Thank you for the input! Have an awesome day!! (That being said, hopefully the downtime issues won't be happening much in the future! Knock on wood lol)

Charlie Brown

coolcoolcool

Age 26
Male
Melbourne, Australia
Seen December 22nd, 2019
Posted December 22nd, 2019
4,249 posts
9.2 Years
Not sure if it's too appropriate or sends the right message to have staff troll in a feedback/suggestion post (where the post does seem to be serious from the POV of the OP). I think it's fine to have fun, you're not robots ofc, but what's the point in someone making a thread in this section if they get responses from 3 staff members but none of them make an effort to listen to their suggestion/concern

But maybe it's not my business 🤷*♂️

Nah

Age 28
Female
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
14,739 posts
7.6 Years
Not sure if it's too appropriate or sends the right message to have staff troll in a feedback/suggestion post (where the post does seem to be serious from the POV of the OP). I think it's fine to have fun, you're not robots ofc, but what's the point in someone making a thread in this section if they get responses from 3 staff members but none of them make an effort to listen to their suggestion/concern

But maybe it's not my business 🤷*♂️
I do appreciate the desire to....basically play watchdog for staff (I can't find a better way to phrase it right now), I really do, but those sorts of responses are, as far as I remember, rare, and usually in response to objectively non-serious matters. Like, I'm not saying it never happens or trying to shut anything down here, just that this particular case is not really the one that needs to be commented on. But I do hope that both people inside and outside staff continue to watch out for potentially poor staff behavior.

I've made a non-trolly post in that thread now, hopefully you'll find it a little more suitable.
Nah ンン
“No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."

Taemin

MOVE

Male
Kansas, USA
Seen May 11th, 2021
Posted April 28th, 2021
11,190 posts
15.9 Years
I have also noticed that there is a such a thing as the staff being too comfortable. Happens in work places too, during points when ppl do expect a serious answer. Then it's like oops.
If anything, maybe one person can be joking around in a help thread, but any more and it kinda derails it and seems like the OP is being made fun of. Other than that one quirk, I do really love how this place / section is normally handled! I just thought that should get my two cents, since I also have thought the same before. oof

I can't leave this spot that's empty without you
It's an area that no one else can fill
The night's never gonna be the same.

SHINee - Area

paired to Palamon

Fairy

genderfluid
in the flowers
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
12,516 posts
10.1 Years
Just to give everyone some reassurance.. if you have a serious concern about the forums, the staff will hear you out. Had the post in question been presented differently, sent to one of the section's staffers, or otherwise brought to staff's attention in a less playful manor, I can guarantee they would have gotten a less lighthearted response. That doesn't mean we'll agree with your idea or opinion, but at the very least you can feel assured that we heard you.

Things like icons or section names are somewhat minimal in the grand scheme of things, but if you ever feel that your words aren't being taken seriously by the staff, please contact an administrator, as that's representative of a greater problem on PC.

girlfriend ♥ colours
boyfriend ♥ ivysaur

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.

Male
In the Flax Fields.
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted May 13th, 2021
1,212 posts
10.1 Years
I assume we're also allowed to post positives within this thread as I think I remember posting positive feedback a few years back on one of the older threads, If not then feel free to delete this comment.

The first person I'd like to shower with praise is Janp, he's been a consistent and unbelievable good mod for the challenge section, has been easy to contact and understandable with topics and questions, even providing better and more sensible solutions without feeling condescending. I hope he continues to be a great challenge mod for years to come.

My second bit of praise comes for Fairy, I recently ventured in the Arts section of the forum for the first time and was very unsure what to do when requesting art, however Fairy was very helpful in providing information and even took it upon herself to help me with a request I had when it seemed like maybe it'd take a long time for someone to reply. I don't know much about art but I do know Fairy is an extremely bright and helpful person who is very welcoming.

Flowerchild

golden girl

Age 22
She/Her
Hyperspace
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 19 Hours Ago
8,326 posts
11.1 Years
Administrator Post
Who exactly should I be messaging if I want to ask about an administrative decision?
Hi, you can message me or any of the other administrators~ we're at the top of the staff list
PairFamilyPal

Morika

Female
未公開の場所
Seen April 17th, 2021
Posted April 16th, 2021
688 posts
144 Days
I like to praise all the staff here at PC for making this place great to be a part of. I hadn't felt safe or had fun and felt very welcomed on a community place like PC before ever. I think all staff are on top of there roles and help people put pretty well. ( However that's my opinion and how I see it. ) Plus I see everyone is really friendly and sometimes non staff members help people as well which is also nice to have I think. Thank you everyone staff and regular members for bringing my faith back in humanity while being on PC. If PC wasn't here or how awesome it truly is I'd be alone and have no one to talk too and give up on people. This time I finally have a chance to talk more to people to face my fear and perhaps make friends along the way too for the first time. So thank you all~

PC ❤ x infinity~

Fairy

genderfluid
in the flowers
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
12,516 posts
10.1 Years
I like to praise all the staff here at PC for making this place great to be a part of. I hadn't felt safe or had fun and felt very welcomed on a community place like PC before ever. I think all staff are on top of there roles and help people put pretty well. ( However that's my opinion and how I see it. ) Plus I see everyone is really friendly and sometimes non staff members help people as well which is also nice to have I think. Thank you everyone staff and regular members for bringing my faith back in humanity while being on PC. If PC wasn't here or how awesome it truly is I'd be alone and have no one to talk too and give up on people. This time I finally have a chance to talk more to people to face my fear and perhaps make friends along the way too for the first time. So thank you all~

PC ❤ x infinity~
I'm not crying, you are..
。・゚・(*ノД`*)・゚・。

girlfriend ♥ colours
boyfriend ♥ ivysaur

Morika

Female
未公開の場所
Seen April 17th, 2021
Posted April 16th, 2021
688 posts
144 Days
I'm not crying, you are..
。・゚・(*ノД`*)・゚・。
I hope its a happy cry, and I truly meant all what I said about all the staff, member's and PC itself. Being a part of this community has brought me hope and faith back into people as well a lot, which I never thought I feel ever again, I'm very happy I found PC and grateful to have met so many wonderful people as well. You all are truly wonderful souls and I'm very glad to know good people are still out there. I hope for all the success of PC to continue to grow good, positive and a welcoming place for everyone. I know PC saved me from being alone in the dark, so PC means a lot to me as well everyone in it. I hope in time I can be more courageous and talk more to others and perhaps make good long lasting friendships as well.

We will see what will happen, just know I'll do my part to help PC out in anyway I can as well even though I'm just a member. Once more I thank everyone at PC for bringing me hope, faith and feel welcomed.

❤ PC x Infinity and beyond~!
(ෆˊ͈ ु꒳ ूˋ͈ෆ)

ZeoStar

dream world
Seen 12 Minutes Ago
Posted 50 Minutes Ago
6,255 posts
3.7 Years
Thank you @Ivysaur and @Sheep for being receptive to my messages ^_^

I'm aware one is now a former staff member, nonetheless I appreciate you guys taking the time to speak with a complete random.
http://www.simpleimageresizer.com/_uploads/photos/1c9662e4/cloud_3_400x350.jpg