• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2012
im hacking FR (new at it) and i want to know if theres a way i can add a trade to game. and if so what programs do i need?

AeroMaster7

Pokemon Master
Years
How many Pokemon can you add to Pokemon Platinum's Dex/Game without taking any out?

Ok hi eveyoe I'm AeroMaster7 and I own the hack Pokemon Rainbow Gem which is a hack of Platinum. So my question is, How many Pokemon can you add to Pokemon Platinum's Dex/Game without taking any out? More info. Fakemon is what I want to put but I do not want to remove any Pokemon so how many blank spots in the Pokedex and the game are there?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
k thnkz i found it also how can i add a event like the fighting gym where you get hitmonchan/hitmonlee?

You'll need scripting for that. See the tutorials around, decompile existing scripts and experimen yourself.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2012
I do have backups, but they all do it, and it happens every time I get anywhere.
How do you find the header in a hex editor?

School days again...
Years
Locate the scripts in a hex editor and then alter them.

Someone please help me.

Nope, there are more spare map names than just them. And you can overwrite any others that you won't use.

You can't insert anything that's more than 16 colours (15 colours + background colour)
Index tiles with Irfanview, use google to find it.
Find the backgrounds with unLZ GBA and insert your own and make the tilemap with NTME, Cyclone or PTC and then insert it and try it out in-game.

Maybe you overwrote something in the ROM Header.

Is a tile that has 16 colors are like the tiles of Kyledove, the DP player's house?

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
what is the script where you can change the ow from index 0 to something like 4? or where can i learn how to do this because djg has done it in his hack before

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2012
Ok, I figured out that it was all the text editing that stuffed it up, but I need the text edits, so is there a way to fix it?

EDIT: Now I think that it is because the newpoketext trims the rom, but I don't know how to stop it doing it, is there even a way?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2009
ehehehe i need help....
does anyone know Rayquaza's palette offset for platinum?
please and thank you

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
Hey I've tried to insert a song on sappy and it allways shows me this messege;
bgs5d5.gif

what to do?

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2009
I need some help.
I recently got a sprite of mewtwo (all angles) and i want to import it as the main characters sprite (so you play as him) Closest program i got to do it was Overworld but when I imported it into it, the color of it went all black and white.

can someone help me and point me in the direction of what program to use and what to do?

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
I need some help.
I recently got a sprite of mewtwo (all angles) and i want to import it as the main characters sprite (so you play as him) Closest program i got to do it was Overworld but when I imported it into it, the color of it went all black and white.

can someone help me and point me in the direction of what program to use and what to do?
just change the patlate until you find the color mewtwo uses,and then recolor the rest of the things....

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2012
So can anyone help me?
I can't get anywhere with my game until I fix this.
I'm pretty sure that I'm getting runtime errors while trying to edit the .nds file because it was trimmed from using thenewpoketext, or ndstool.
But I need to make it work again, is there a way?

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
Hi :D, I have 4 questions:
1. Is there any day/night system tool for leafgreen?
2. Is there any tool for creating trainers in leafgreen(!not edit!)?
3. Is there any tool for editing events like rayquaza for leafgreen?
4. Is there any tool for editing houses, buildings... for leafgreen?

I very need those for my hack and I hope for reply

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
So can anyone help me?
I can't get anywhere with my game until I fix this.
I'm pretty sure that I'm getting runtime errors while trying to edit the .nds file because it was trimmed from using thenewpoketext, or ndstool.
But I need to make it work again, is there a way?

What about using a hex editor to manually edit the texts?

Hi :D, I have 4 questions:
1. Is there any day/night system tool for leafgreen?
2. Is there any tool for creating trainers in leafgreen(!not edit!)?
3. Is there any tool for editing events like rayquaza for leafgreen?
4. Is there any tool for editing houses, buildings... for leafgreen?

I very need those for my hack and I hope for reply

1. Not yet.
2. Yes. Go get A-Trainer, the link is my thread. See the Toolbox.
3. Yes. That's just scripting, so if you're willing to use XSE (also available in my thread) I suggest you reading the guide that comes with it as well as the tutorials around.
4. Yes. Advance Map can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back