• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Silver or Gold?

Years
I have a copy of Silver already (though I think the battery in it is dead :(), so for Virtual Console, I'm probably going to go with Gold.

Last edited:

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
Silver, because that was my first Gen 2 game. My brother accidentally dropped it in the toilet and we got Crystal as a replacement.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 14, 2019
I like Gold because the designs really fit all of the Pokemon.

Years
So, pretty simple run of the mill question!

pokemon-gold-and-silver_989.jpg

Naturally this poll would exclude Crystal, but if you guys had to choose between Pokemon Gold or Pokemon Silver, which pokemon game would you pick, and why?

Honestly Gold by a long shot. Having owned all three I liked Gold above Silver. I found Ho-oh to be a much cooler pokemon than Lugia but also I liked the sprites better and the exclusives better. Personally I think that's what it comes down to in each version, the exclusives. Arcanine is stronger than Ninetails, I love bears and Ursaring was the first bear design, and I actually used Ariados and it was better than it's stats and typing would suggest (probably why Koga used one), and while I gave it a break in gen II I loved Mankey and Primeape in Gen I.

PS: That avatar of your's what is that from? I know it was a famous movie or something that I've wanted to watch before and forgot the name of.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Silver. It was my first of the duo, and Lugia is so much cooler than Ho-Oh imo :]

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Gold was one of the first pokémon games I tried, borrowing it from my friend. I didn't get to play it for very long, and I only owned Yellow and Ruby myself. But still! Gold <3

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I'm not that big a fan of Ho-Oh, and since Crystal isn't included in this release, I'll be going for Silver.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
I took Gold over Silver based on nothing. But now that I've played through both, I still prefer Gold. I think the sprites look WAAAAY better. Especially Ho-oh and Lugia. In Gold they look more majestic to me. In Silver, they look a little too cartoon-y.

Back