• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: who here plays pokemon on their computers?

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
Years
When I played through red in early 2011 I used an emulator because I played through a lot of it while at school. That was during my senior year of high school where I went to a charter school for half the day for IT classes. The classes were really easy so my friends and I always had a lot of free time. Since I already brought my laptop to class eveyday anyways, it made sense to just use an emulator instead of bringing my gameboy to school.

The last few weeks I've been running through Gold though, and I'm playing that on my actual cartridge.

pleb

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 1, 2014
Only once when i was on pokemon ruby. I had a bit of trouble with the controls though.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
I was big on emulators a few years ago, not as much now because i have come back across or repurchased physical copies of all the game pre generation 4. I actually don't like the emulator much because of the speed bar feature lol. Even though i could opt to not use it i find myself tempted to each and every time. It makes leveling up way to easy and when the challenge is gone the games lose appeal to me.

Years
Yep!

Except for Fire Red unless I wanna restart it, then I just restart it on my computer, because on my handheld i'm REALLY far in the game.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
I play Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and both Stadiums on my emulator after they got lost or damaged. I like how I can speed up my emulators; it's help out a lot for training.

White_Arcanine

Lonely and annoying.
Years
I play all the 1/2/3 gen games on my laptop, since my GBA SP died a few years ago when one of my friends stole the charger for it, since then I had to play Emerald in my Gamecube Gameboy player, then the disk for that wouldn't work anymore. Then I got a DS Lite and it was just painful playing it on that, so I used emulators since. I still have all my GBA games scattered around my room, though. =)

.parado✗

paranormal user
Years
I've got all Pokemon editions on my GBA and DS, so i use
the Computer only to make my own game ;)
To be honest, lying on your bed and playing GBA/DS is a way more confortable^^

blaster911

reincarnation of matt
Years
I play it on a bunch of different consoles.
I use my big 18 inch laptop when I have it out,
On longer trips I use my netbook for long battery life
When Im at home I like using the wii and playing it on a tv screen.
when I originally got the games I played them on the gba and ds
I sometimes played it on the psp for a long battery life and its compactness.
also the fact that I can transfer saves between all the systems except original gba and ds. also the emulators have the speed up feature, which is a must.
Also I can rename the roms to have different save files, for challenges and stuff.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2012
I never got a DS, so ever since the new pokemon games came out on the DS I've played them on my laptop.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
I'm playing White on my PC at the moment. It's all set up so well!

I have the all the normal button controls mapped to my wireless 360 controller, which is brilliant, but then I also have the unused buttons on the controller (L, R and Start) set to mimic the A, B and X buttons. (Respectively)

What's more though is I have the right analogue stick controlling my cursor so it acts as a stylus! 8]

Throw in the fact that I'm projecting it on my wall while I lie in bed and I'm not actually sure whether I'd prefer to be playing on the DS. xD

F1refly

Stuff and things
Years
Since i have no idea where to post this, can anyone Help me with Transferring Pokemon from my Emerald Save game to my Pokemon White using DESMUME? I haven't defeated Burke yet, is there any special place I need to go to or what?

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
I sure as hell do... I play PokeMMO (pokeMMO.eu) where you use a fire red rom (and optional HGSS rom for pokemon to follow you). That game is legit, it's what Nintendo should have always done but never had the balls to. You literally play Fire Red off the rom online with other people, can trade, battle, whatever. EVs and IVs work too, and right now for October they have some limited edition 2nd and 3rd gen pokemon that may show up in some tall grass... if you like Houndoom, I'd get over there and get one now, this game is growing in popularity and they'll only be available until Halloween haha.

Back