• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Sorry for asking again. But anyone else getting this problem? I tried using the program on another computer just today and it gives me the same error. Am I missing a file or something?

Yes, I think you're missing some files. Below you can find a complete list of the Cyclone's needed files:
  • COMDLG32.OCX
  • MSCOMCTL.OCX
  • MSVBVM60.DLL
  • FM20.DLL
  • olepro32.dll
Anyway I guess that the error is caused by the FM20.DLL which should be absent or not correctly registered in your computer.
Before trying anything else, download this file and run it. It's a self-extracting archive which will install the FM20.DLL in your computer. After installed try to open Cyclone again. If you're still getting errors, try to reboot and see if something changes. If not, maybe you need to unregister and then register again all the Cyclone's needed files.

To unregister a file:
1. Go to "Start", then select "Run..."
2. In the windows that will appear type "regsvr32 /u <filename>" (without quotes). Obviously, the <filename> part needs to be replaced with the Cyclone's files like COMDLG32.OCX and so on.

To register a file:
2. In the windows that will appear type "regsvr32 <filename>" (without quotes).

Since I have enough time to spend, I made a little batch file that do all the work for you. Once downloaded the attachment, rename it to "batch.bat" and run it.

Enjoy ;)

Attachments

• batch.txt
    362 bytes · Views: 84

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
Hi! I need some help and have looked through these pages but can't seem to find what i need. Basically what i want is the number location of the tilemap in unLZ GBA for Fire Red so that i can edit the town map. Somebody must know it because the map has been edited in RijonAdventures! I have the tileset and Cyclone the editor. Its a bit of a mouthful I know!
Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2009
Two questions.....

1: How do I script in Advance Map? If not possible how do I script in elitemap (avoiding run-time error '53' Can't find file)?

2: How do I get rid of "run-time error '13' mismatch" in A-Starter?

Naoshi

lawl
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
Yes, I think you're missing some files. Below you can find a complete list of the Cyclone's needed files:
  • COMDLG32.OCX
  • MSCOMCTL.OCX
  • MSVBVM60.DLL
  • FM20.DLL
  • olepro32.dll
Anyway I guess that the error is caused by the FM20.DLL which should be absent or not correctly registered in your computer.
Before trying anything else, download this file and run it. It's a self-extracting archive which will install the FM20.DLL in your computer. After installed try to open Cyclone again. If you're still getting errors, try to reboot and see if something changes. If not, maybe you need to unregister and then register again all the Cyclone's needed files.

To unregister a file:
2. In the windows that will appear type "regsvr32 /u <filename>" (without quotes). Obviously, the <filename> part needs to be replaced with the Cyclone's files like COMDLG32.OCX and so on.

To register a file:
2. In the windows that will appear type "regsvr32 <filename>" (without quotes).

Since I have enough time to spend, I made a little batch file that do all the work for you. Once downloaded the attachment, rename it to "batch.bat" and run it.

Enjoy ;)

Thanks a bunch! It works!

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
1: How do I script in Advance Map? If not possible how do I script in elitemap (avoiding run-time error '53' Can't find file)?

2: How do I get rid of "run-time error '13' mismatch" in A-Starter?

1. You cannot script with AdvanceMap. If you're getting that run-time error you're probably missing some needed files for ScriptEd.
Also, make sure that the ROM you're hacking is in the same folder where's Elite Map and that has no spaces in its name.

2. First of all, make sure that you have the latest version of the program. You can download it from my thread.
If the error still appears, please tell me step by step what did you do in order to reproduce the error and eventually fix it.

Thanks a bunch! It works!

You're welcome ^^

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2009
@HackMew I load a pokemon ruby rom then take some random pokemon and then when I try to save I get the error.

EDIT: I can just try to save and I get the error....

Also always get run-time errors now when I try to change anything....also in elitemap....."run-time error '9'"...

Last edited:

Naoshi

lawl
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
So far so good with the region map editing. Does anyone know where is the raw data in Fire Red for the tilemap?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I load a pokemon ruby rom then take some random pokemon and then when I try to save I get the error.

Ok, I've fixed the bug. You can download again A-Starter. Next time, don't hesitate to post bug reports directly in my thread.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
I'm using the same roof tiles from Littleroot Town. Infact, I just relocated the houses.
Hmm... Are you sure your using the exact same tiles as previously? Also, are you sure you have the right tiles blocked and the right tiles "walkable"?

Is there any pokemon rom editor/hack that you can add custom pokemons,trainers,badges,trainers etc? And if there is one what's the name?
If you mean without re-writing previous Pokemon, trainers, badges, etc; then no. But if your willing to over-write these things, programs such as: "PokePic" and a good hex editor will aid you in your quest.

I have already done an search using the tool for this question which is as follows, Is it possible to add new pokemon into Fire Red due to the fact of there being free offsets in the game and if so how can I do this, I have knowlage on how to replace pokemon however I want to add new pokemon and trainers in with out replacing any. Much appreachated

I also have anouther problem with the following script

#org 0x73AA72
setflag 0xA125
message 0x73AB90
boxset 0x2
#raw 0x5C
trainerbattle 0x9 0x5 0x0 0x73AD6D 0x7BBFAE
message 0x7BC253
boxset 0x2
applymovement 0x1 0x7BC377
pause 0x70
release
end

#org 0x73AB90
= Much anger you have

#org 0x73AD6D
= Well done

#org 0x7BBFAE
= You have learnt well

#org 0x7BC253
= It is time I moved on.

#org 0x7BC377
#binary 13 13 13 13 13 60 1D 1D 1D 1D FE
Sorry, but from what I know there aren't any free offsets for Pokemon in FR/LG. There are in Ruby/Sapphire, but not there. As for your script, the only thing I can guess without doing a total investigation (which I have to do with many of my own scripts), is that your missing the "check flag" part. Most scripts will not work, in my experience, unless you have a "check flag" option with it as well.

Where can i get "telefang" hacking tools than you as the "poke'mon diamond really peaved me off but i love the gae and want to translate properley
Sorry, but to my knowledge there are no "Telefang" hacking tools. Though I do know of one tool you'll need if your going to translate it: "Search Relative". Some Hex editors (Which you will also need) have this ability built in, others do not. Basically, your going to make a "table file". A conversion sheet of sorts that tells your hex editor what "hex bytes" equal what letters and/or symbols. Good Luck to you.

How do i import sprites in rs ball?
You don't. RS ball is for dumping sprites or dumping pallets for the sprites, to be edited by other programs such as "PokePic".

I hope this helped you all!
-Hiidoran

Lin

JohtoMap/ZOLE Creator
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 26, 2014
When I compile a script through ScriptEd (I don't like using PokeScript) and overwrite a gba game to put in the script, it always says the file wasn't found, even though it's really there.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
How can I index the pkmn sprites to import them into a rom(with UNLZGba) please.

Or can someone get me a DARKRAI sprite ready to import it to a rom please.....

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2008
Figured it out. Apparently, Height 3 (Hex Value 10) is a crappy height. Height 4 (Hex Value 14) works better.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
When I compile a script through ScriptEd (I don't like using PokeScript) and overwrite a gba game to put in the script, it always says the file wasn't found, even though it's really there.
Problem's been solved via PM!

How can I index the pkmn sprites to import them into a rom(with UNLZGba) please.

Or can someone get me a DARKRAI sprite ready to import it to a rom please.....
Um...Just make the image smaller. It's much easier that way, trust me.

Figured it out. Apparently, Height 3 (Hex Value 10) is a crappy height. Height 4 (Hex Value 14) works better.
Great! Good Job, sorry I couldn't help you...

Not many questions answered, but hoped it helped!
-Hiidoran

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
Ehrm...I tried to dump GFX bank with rsball, but when I do that, the program doesnt react. Is this normal? and second question: If you make a patch with unedited maps and patch it on a map-edited ROM, will the maps be still edited?

~Cya, UnitRico

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Ehrm...I tried to dump GFX bank with rsball, but when I do that, the program doesnt react. Is this normal? and second question: If you make a patch with unedited maps and patch it on a map-edited ROM, will the maps be still edited?

~Cya, UnitRico

IF you use LG than it's normal. RS ball works with Ruby, Saphirre and FR. But not with Emerald or LG.

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2009
"When I compile a script through ScriptEd (I don't like using PokeScript) and overwrite a gba game to put in the script, it always says the file wasn't found, even though it's really there."

Go same problem...

Youji

Game Designer
Years

If this message appears than you have one Error. The name of your .rbc has a space like this:

Pokémon Script.rbc

If you want to make it working it should be this:

PokémonScript.rbc

Don't have a space in the name.

jimmy-killed-me

you know me, i'm god
Years
Could someone give me a place to get a good Hex Tutorial, as I'm trying to do a translation project for "Keitai Denjuu Telefang" and is there a possible way to make it so yo can have a choice between Kuriputo and Fangusa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back