• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kringlur

Velkominn í heim POKéMON!
Years
I am looking for a Pokemon game to start playing. I am doing an LP on Black & White right now and I want another Pokemon game to play in the mean time. To be honest I have never played Pokemon before but I am falling in love, haha. I don't care for graphics but I do care for a good story/features/challenge. So if you have any suggestions let me know.

Play yellow version for the gameboy colour!! I say yellow because you have pikachu following you around and you get Jessie/James from the anime in the game too. And Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny.

Question:
How can I change the font graphics in Fire Red?
I need to add letters that don't exist, and I also need to edit the font to make it look like the one used in first gen.

I opened it in Tile Layer Pro and found one alphabet but it's lacking the non-English characters that DO exist in the game, and where those should be (I assume) are Japanese characters that DON'T show up in the game. I tried editing this and nothing happened when I played the game, so this means the only alphabet I can find isn't in use.

I asked this earlier, but no one could help me.

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2011
Does anyone know how I could patch a Pokemon Yellow/Red/Blue ROM to have 2x battle experience gained?

Years
How do I change the number of Pokemon that people have with A-Trainer? Like I want to give a trainer five Pokemon three Pokemon, or give a trainer with two Pokemon a full team of Pokemon. How do I do that?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
How do I change the number of Pokemon that people have with A-Trainer? Like I want to give a trainer five Pokemon three Pokemon, or give a trainer with two Pokemon a full team of Pokemon. How do I do that?

You have to repoint the data - there should be a Repoint button in A-Trainer. Use Free Space Finder to find the space needed using the # of bytes A-Trainer says you need (add all the extra Pokemon you need first, and make all the changes without saving, then click the repoint button). Then paste the offset into A-Trainer. Sometimes I've found that I need to up the last byte of the offset up one or two for some reason, but I don't know if that's something with A-Trainer or something I'm doing absolutely wrong. Once you get a workable offset, you'll be able to save it.

Forever Alone

Back into rom hacking 8 years later!
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Sphere editor

Ive got this tutorial from someone here at Pokécommunity and one of the tools a needed was Sphere editor, i have never heard of this and there is nothing on the internet about it, has anyone here heard of it and can they direct me to a free download of it as it is crucial for hacking world map (i believe it is to edit tilesets.

Last edited:

Bisharp

Whoa.. up close and personal..!
Years
Okay, I'm inserting sprites with uNLZ.GBA and stuff, I write the data in, and the image looks fine on the program but when I see the trainer sprite In-game, it looks glitched, the background isn't transparent like it should be, the outline is missing,etc. I've also indexed the sprites.
Here's an image.
error.png

Does anyone know how this can be fixed?

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Okay, I'm inserting sprites with uNLZ.GBA and stuff, I write the data in, and the image looks fine on the program but when I see the trainer sprite In-game, it looks glitched, the background isn't transparent like it should be, the outline is missing,etc. I've also indexed the sprites.
Here's an image.
error.png

Does anyone know how this can be fixed?

You indexed it incorrectly, you made the outline color the transparency and the green part not.
The green color should be the first color in the pallet.

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2018
Hey Guys,
I'm a big fan of pokemon villains and recently I got a flashcard so I could play the hacks on my DS insted of my PC,But I was disappointed to find out that NDS flashcards can only support GB,GBC and NDS games... Not GBA games,Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I have seen , 70% +/- of the rom hacks are on FR,LG,R,S or E .. So I got Pokemon TRE: Team Rocket Edition ..I played that for a bit but I eventually got bored. So now I was wondering if their any hacks for the DS games that let you play as a pokemon villian ?? If not, Is there like a sprite editor so I could give myself a grunt costume and is there like a map editor so I could build a rocket base near Twinleaf or something along the lines..

,DarkPersian
Meow

Thanks a bunch!!!

Years
I can't get my warps to work on my cave entrances, Can anyone help me out? Which tile behaviour do I use? I've looked at other games on which one to use but none have worked so far

Years
this is probably a ridiculous question that is never asked, but I'm really interested so I'm going to ask anyway.
is it possible to change the other trainers which enter a pokemon contest on emerald? for example, their names, their pokemon, their moves? and if so, what tools do you need to do it?

Forever Alone

Back into rom hacking 8 years later!
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Hi guys im new here and im new to romz ive been trying to make my world map but i complete every tutorial i see on teh interwebs but i get the same problem, the colour is off e.g. the dark green appears white(and many other colours) and when i press back of the map the screen goes all pink like. I have started a new rom from scratch and its the same. ive got tilessets i made on sphere in black&white/colour and another colour the tutorials create e.g. blue instead of orange. i duno what im doing wrong? is it the index thing. im indexing them using gimp. Here is the final result i got http://imageshack.us/f/837/edup.png/

Last edited:

DashBlacK

DashBlacK ~ The Last Chader
Years
Hey Guys,
I'm a big fan of pokemon villains and recently I got a flashcard so I could play the hacks on my DS insted of my PC,But I was disappointed to find out that NDS flashcards can only support GB,GBC and NDS games... Not GBA games,Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I have seen , 70% +/- of the rom hacks are on FR,LG,R,S or E .. So I got Pokemon TRE: Team Rocket Edition ..I played that for a bit but I eventually got bored. So now I was wondering if their any hacks for the DS games that let you play as a pokemon villian ?? If not, Is there like a sprite editor so I could give myself a grunt costume and is there like a map editor so I could build a rocket base near Twinleaf or something along the lines..

,DarkPersian
Meow

Thanks a bunch!!!

It depends on which flashcard you got, You can always change the firmware for it to support new features, eg, if you got an R4, you can install Wood R4 on it and it should be able to play GBA games.

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2014
To edit a trainer and make him appear in-game, what do I do?

I put a code like this in a notepad:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
trainerbattle 0x0 0x001 0x0 @before @after
msgbox @beaten 0x6
release
end

#org @before
= Go, all my PIKACHUs!

#org @after
= Nooo! My PIKACHUs!!!!!

#org @beaten
= My PIKACHUs can be used to\ncharge my Nintendo DS Lite.

But where do I put that text file? And how does the rom know it's a script?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
To edit a trainer and make him appear in-game, what do I do?

I put a code like this in a notepad:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
trainerbattle 0x0 0x001 0x0 @before @after
msgbox @beaten 0x6
release
end

#org @before
= Go, all my PIKACHUs!

#org @after
= Nooo! My PIKACHUs!!!!!

#org @beaten
= My PIKACHUs can be used to\ncharge my Nintendo DS Lite.

But where do I put that text file? And how does the rom know it's a script?

You might want to read a scripting tutorial, or reread whatever tutorial you read because you obviously missed some very important parts.

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2011
Hihi!
After 2 days of reading, trying and failing. I finally managed to succeed at changing the mini sprite, trainer card and backsprite of the trainer in Pokemon Ruby. What I can't find is the offset, palette or where to change the little face on the overworld map. How do I do it?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2012
I have warps linked but when I walk through it it takes me to a black screen with my character standing there. Help?

I use Advanced Map.

Thanks! :)

Cyndaquil312

It's been 7 years... but i've returned once more.
Years
I have warps linked but when I walk through it it takes me to a black screen with my character standing there. Help?

I use Advanced Map.

Thanks! :)

Are you doing this with a building or Gate house?

i've had issues with gatehouses, and everytime it's been because i've changed the layout of the gatehouse. just return it to it's original look, and it should be okay.

if that's not the issue, I would try deleting all your warp events on the maps your warping to and from and re-place them. or try linking your warps to a different gatehouse (i had to use the gathouse in rt7 [firered] on my rt2 map).

Hope i helped *fingers crossed*

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2012
I'm using a forest entrance to enter a forest. The maps are connected in the connections. I'll delete all the warp events and replace them and see if that works, thanks in advance.

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
I'm currently making ruby hack and I want to change the "Ruby Font". The good one would be from emerald. I heard about FontED but I tried many times to download it and it was only with EliteMap pack, but pack is with virus. Can anybody upload FontED and post the link? Or is there another way to change it? Maybe can it be done with TileMolester but I don't know where to find the offset...
Thank you in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back