The PokéCommunity Forums Community Square The Bulletin Board
Entertainment Video Games Character Clash: Nominate a Villain!

The Bulletin Board Sometimes interesting things happen... it'd be a shame for you to miss them. Check here for new events and changes big and small around the community.

Old 4 Weeks Ago (6:22 PM).
i'm strong.

Inspirations: Nick Wilde's Great Character Clash & Klippy's Video Game Showdown

We're bringing back the Character Clash in the Video Games forum, but with a different twist - you nominate the characters! The theme of this round is villains, so start thinking of the most evil, twisted characters from gaming and nominate one by September 19.

Details here!
Old 4 Weeks Ago (6:27 PM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by Enpatsu Shakugan.
Banned

Nature: Hasty
What if the protagonist can technically be a villain or is one? Does that count?

What really constitutes a video game villain? Someone evil or just the player's antagonist?
Old 4 Weeks Ago (6:49 PM). Edited 4 Weeks Ago by Juno.
i'm strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enpatsu Shakugan View Post
What if the protagonist can technically be a villain or is one? Does that count?

What really constitutes a video game villain? Someone evil or just the player's antagonist?
Hmm, good question - I think for the sake of keeping things simple, we should stick to "player's antagonist" (in the most traditional sense, the 'bad guy' to your 'good guy'). I think that would make a good discussion topic in VG though.

Edit: Thought about it a bit more and I think we can open it up to interpretation - as there is a "Why" field in the nominations form, as long as it checks out and you can adequately explain why you think a character is a villain, I don't see why not.
Old 4 Weeks Ago (10:28 PM).
アンヘロさん は、コミュ症です

Nature: Quirky
Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion spoilers:

Spoiler:

Looks like a regular telephone, right? What you're looking at right now is the final boss of the Octo Expansion.

The telephone, named Commander Tartar, was created by a human inventor 12,000 years in the past. Its purpose was to pass down humanity's knowledge to the next capable species.

But Tartar, seeing the Inklings and Octolings with their needless violence and obsession for fashion, wanted to eradicated them all and try to create a lifeform worthy of its knowledge. If you think that a simple telephone wouldn't be capable of mass genocide, it has a giant blender form, so...there you go.

I only listen to high-quality video game rips.
Old 4 Weeks Ago (10:34 PM).

I have read your article. it is very informative and helpful for me.I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it, again!
    Old 4 Weeks Ago (7:45 AM).
    i'm strong.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phosphophyllite View Post
    Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion spoilers:

Spoiler:

Looks like a regular telephone, right? What you're looking at right now is the final boss of the Octo Expansion.

The telephone, named Commander Tartar, was created by a human inventor 12,000 years in the past. Its purpose was to pass down humanity's knowledge to the next capable species.

But Tartar, seeing the Inklings and Octolings with their needless violence and obsession for fashion, wanted to eradicated them all and try to create a lifeform worthy of its knowledge. If you think that a simple telephone wouldn't be capable of mass genocide, it has a giant blender form, so...there you go.
    I've never played Splatoon but that's actually pretty amusing, please nominate it in the event thread!

Quick Reply