Roleplay Theatre The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!

Draconius GO

Old March 26th, 2017 (10:11 AM). Edited March 26th, 2017 by Foxrally.
trick or treat
  • Crystal Tier

Nature: Timid
So me and Ech and Mayo (Sweet Dreams) are planning to do a fun collaboration for the RPT!

So what is it?
A "new" splash for the Roleplay Theatre!

When is it?
...I don't know, man. This is still just an Interest check.

Collabify?

We want you, to join us! The main idea that we thought of is to personify the current roleplays in the Roleplay Stage. It's still an Interest Check, so things can still go in another direction depending on what happens. :')

If you have any suggestions on what to add, subtract, change, or something AND/OR want to join in the collab (NO ART SKILLS REQUIRED. THIS IS ALL FOR FUN.) Mayo said I should stress this out then post below, and we can all have a lovely fun time collabifying and making RPT great again!

But this isn't an RP
> making smol things into big things
> works for both rp and collabifys
> pls don't hurt me

PUMPKABOO

Relevant Advertising!

Old March 26th, 2017 (10:12 AM).
You're just reading my posts for cringe, right?

Nature: Quiet
    first
    Old March 26th, 2017 (10:17 AM).
    are made of these~
    • Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
    We'd like to draw a thing, together, as a community, to make a thing to represent the community! :3 People can drop in, give their ideas and thoughts, or just pick up a pencil/mouse/tablet pen and join in~

Friends for Infinity
    Vale - Julie Nguyen | Open Blue - Kayri Merr

Meta Journey Team:

art by the amazing Kitty
    Old March 26th, 2017 (10:29 AM).
    • Gold Tier

Nature: Naive
    As moderator of the RPTrashcan, I approve of this banner idea, but with the stipulation that you use this official RPT watermark as well:

I make memes and other carcinogens
    Old March 26th, 2017 (11:00 AM).
    The Uncaged Wrath
    • Super Moderator
    • Platinum Tier
    • Discord Moderoid

Fox is a coal mod

I love the idea <3 Stick Beyond in there, will ya (8
    Old March 27th, 2017 (6:09 AM).
    Take in moderation.

Nature: Lax
      Well this is cute! C:

How are you going to organize who draws what, where on the template, when?

Is the 'style' going to be uniform (from shading to contour characteristics)

What qualifies as 'current' rp, will we need permission from a GM/players to include a ref, will we take requests from them on what they want to represent or will we pick and choose out of the ooc/ic (assuming we'll have to scour and get reading, lol)?
      Old March 27th, 2017 (4:47 PM).
      are made of these~
      • Crystal Tier

This is a really rough idea, and since we don't know how many people might want to be involved, we haven't worked out all the kinks.

I'm guessing that if a few people decide to join, we'll divide the number of RPs we want to represent among everyone, though of course participants can specify if they only want a certain number of RPs or if they don't feel comfortable with any of the steps: linework, colouring, shading, etc, which we can hand over to someone else! The important thing is that there should be no pressure. Chura, Ech, and myself, are plenty willing to help out wherever we can, I'm sure.

As for roughing out the actual design, I suppose that will come later after we've gauged interest. One person can handle the layout and maybe specify how large people should be making their artwork etc.

If we get more people, then no, the style will probably not be uniform. We feel that it would be really charming to showcase all the different styles and skill levels of anyone involved. We want the banner to be as inclusive and community-made as we can, since we want it to be a fun community project. We're not really going for anything too polished or high-brow. ^^

A current RP, I guess, is basically an RP that's currently still an active thread, following PC rules. So if it has been posted in within that period of time and/or we know the participants are still actively working on it when this project begins, we'll probably count it. As for permission, we'll gladly ask GMs whether they would like to be included and any ideas they might have.

When divvying up, I assume we'll favour letting someone from a certain RP handle the RP's representation. If we lack someone from a specific RP then we'll try to take input and suggestions from people who are in them, and we'll do some of our own reading to help understand the tone or atmosphere.We really want to include as many people as we can.

As a note, I think we should avoid using any specific characters from the RP to represent the RP since that would favour one participant over others, and RPing is a collaborative thing and would be impossible without everyone involved. Rather we want some kind of personification of that RP as a whole; the subject matter and the tone. It might be difficult and we can't promise to get it 100% right, but it seems to us like a cool idea.

But this is a community of very creative people with a lot of ideas. If anyone else has a suggestion for what to put on the banner, even if it's something completely different, we are all ears. ^^

Friends for Infinity

Meta Journey Team:

art by the amazing Kitty
      Old March 27th, 2017 (9:48 PM).
      puking rainbows
      • Silver Tier

Nature: Quirky
      I am more than willing to put my mukty ms paint comics into the mix in case you need another "artist" or would like my niche brand of humor to infect your lovely project.

i also dabble in gen ii sprite art which im actually kind of good at too but ssh

I really do love this idea! I hopefully can speak for a lot of people when I say there is nothing more exciting or honoring than when an artist joins and draws stuff for you or the rp! It makes the world that much more exciting to be a participant in, ya know?
      Pair
      -
      Underground
      -
      Roleplay Theatre
      -
      Credits
      Old March 28th, 2017 (1:05 AM).
      trick or treat
      • Crystal Tier

<3 Glad to see people liking the idea

I guess my own version of "current RP" would be the ones that currently have threads in the RP Stage. Because roleplaying takes time. For permission yeah, we'll be asking them if they want in.

I just hope this will really happen y'know

PUMPKABOO

Old March 28th, 2017 (6:40 AM).
      are made of these~
      • Crystal Tier

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Who's Kiyo? View Post
      I am more than willing to put my ****ty ms paint comics into the mix in case you need another "artist" or would like my niche brand of humor to infect your lovely project.

i also dabble in gen ii sprite art which im actually kind of good at too but ssh
      Heck yeah, sprite art and humour sound amazing~! We'd be more than happy to have you on board if you want to throw your hat in the ring. <3

Friends for Infinity

Meta Journey Team:

art by the amazing Kitty
      Old March 28th, 2017 (11:14 AM).
      The Uncaged Wrath
      • Super Moderator
      • Platinum Tier
      • Discord Moderoid

You know, you could make one picture per RP, and have the Theatre banner change every week. If more RPs pop up, or some die, we can throw them into the rotation queue~

But a banner with plenty of RPs featured as a sort of testament to March/April 2017 in RPT would be nice too ofc.
      Old March 28th, 2017 (6:20 PM).
      You're just reading my posts for cringe, right?

Nature: Quiet
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Who's Kiyo? View Post
        I am more than willing to put my mukty ms paint comics into the mix in case you need another "artist"
        YOU BETTER HELP OUT

YOU BETTER NOT CHICKEN OUT

AND YOU BETTER INCLUDE FANART SPECIFICALLY MADE FOR ME BECAUSE I DESERVE SOMETHING FOR ALL THE PIECES I'VE MADE FOR YOU, SENPAI-CHAN

I actually really dig your comics btw, they're a whole lot better than any of Fox's trash

Quote:
        Originally Posted by adventure View Post
        You know, you could make one picture per RP, and have the Theatre banner change every week.
        Actually, this seems like an interesting idea -- albeit it sounds somewhat overtaxing especially if this project ends up just being mostly Mayo, Kitty and myself. It's always fun to alternate between different themes, so if everyone is willing to go the extra mile and produce multiple banners based on various RPs (preferably relevant ones that managed to last longer than two pages) then I'm completely up for the extra challenge.
        Old March 28th, 2017 (6:42 PM).
        are made of these~
        • Crystal Tier

Quote:
        You know, you could make one picture per RP, and have the Theatre banner change every week. If more RPs pop up, or some die, we can throw them into the rotation queue~
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Ech View Post
        Actually, this seems like an interesting idea -- albeit it sounds somewhat overtaxing especially if this project ends up just being mostly Mayo, Kitty and myself. It's always fun to alternate between different themes, so if everyone is willing to go the extra mile and produce multiple banners based on various RPs (preferably relevant ones that managed to last longer than two pages) then I'm completely up for the extra challenge.
        It is a pretty neat idea, but there are a few things I'm worried about. For one thing, it doesn't really feel as much like a collaborative piece, and it might not be as evident to lurkers or newcomers that it's meant for all of RPT as opposed to highlighting one "super gud" RP or something. Also, given that we counted something like fourteen RP threads, if we included all of them and they rotated weekly, it would take three and a half months to complete just one full cycle.

If it's obsoletion we're worried about, there's the possibility of going back every couple of months and replacing inactive or completed RPs with new ones, though that might get messy.

And there's also the workload problem Ech brought up. While I am more than willing to put in the effort, I'm not sure I'd have the time. I am the slowest person at drawing stuff you've ever met omg

I guess it depends on whether people like the idea of rotating a random RP to highlight every week and keeping it relevant better, or whether people would prefer to see their RP as part of a bigger whole, all the time.

Friends for Infinity

Meta Journey Team:

art by the amazing Kitty
        Old March 29th, 2017 (5:19 AM).
        trick or treat
        • Crystal Tier

Quote:
        While it would be really nice to make one picture per RP, I'd have to agree with Ech on this one. If the collabify ends up with just the three of us, it'll almost be torture be a bit hard. I do see how it'll work as a collaboration though. A more organized one XD (Also gives each artist their own weekly highlight which is nice) I mean even if the rotation queue takes a long time.. RPs don't pop up so fast anyway--

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Sweet Dreams View Post
        I am the slowest person at drawing stuff you've ever met omg
        Why are you stealing my title

PUMPKABOO

Old April 5th, 2017 (8:39 AM).
        • Crystal Tier

up for it
        Old April 5th, 2017 (9:39 AM).
        CONSORTIAAAAA

me maybe idk lol