• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 4] Pyro's Platinum Randomized Nuzlocke

Pyr0mancer

Empoleon Aficionado
Years
Hello everyone, I'm proud to bring you this randomized Nuzlocke of my favorite game in the franchise, Platinum. Let's go through the rules.

-If a Pokemon dies, it is permaboxed, never to be used again.
-I can only catch the first Pokemon I find on each route.
-I will play on the Set battle style
-The Nuzlocke format will only begin when I have pokeballs (since the player has to jump through a bunch of hoops to get them in gen 4).
- Dupes clause will be on, meaning in the rare case I get the same encounter as I did in another area, I can re-encounter.
-Shiny clause will be on, if I find a shiny, I can catch it.
-Wild Pokemon, Trainer Pokemon, Gift Pokemon, most items, and TMs will be randomized, meaning that Professor Rowan could give me a TM 27 Earthquake.
-In the early parts of the game, moves like Dragon Rage can be incredibly dangerous (I lost two other Nuzlockes thanks to it), so I will turn on the option to ban moves like Dragon Rage and Sonicboom for the first two or so badges.

I think that's it for right now, I'll update in a few minutes.

Here is the seed for my run: 197180856348284

My starter options were Octillery, Hitmonchan, and Starmie. I ended up picking Octilery because he has a level up moveset consisting of more than one move. My rival has Hitmonchan.

Rival Battle

It lasted two turns. Octillery had Psybeam and was faster than Hitmonchan. What did scare me was Hitmonchan using Revenge. I hope I don't run into a situation like that again.

Professor Rowan was very surprised that I made my fully evolved Pokemon... evolve.

I am going to nickname Octillery Ultros, after the octopus in Final Fantasy VI.

TM27 had Karate Chop, might be useful if I pick up a fighting type early game.

Got Pokeballs... Nuzlocke Begin!

I immediately went to the Pokemart to buy more pokeballs and potions, since there are a ton of early game areas for me to get new pokemon.

I am now broke.

Lake Verity

I found a Sandshrew. I didn't trust that a special move wouldn't kill it, so I had to use constrict to whittle it's health down. I got pretty lucky and caught it at almost full health. It's name will be Cleopatra since my Sandshrew is female.

Route 201

I got a Jumpluff. I would be super excited about it but the only moves it has are splash, tail whip, synthesis, and tackle. I will name it Forget-Not (because "me" doesn't fit) and promptly forget about it until I get to a point where I can grind it up so it can learn some decent moves.

Route 202

Shelgon! I'm very happy about this because the possibility of Salamence, one of the best single player mons. I'm naming it "Christaller" after the creator of the Central Place Theory, which outlines city development in hexagons.

I ran into an Electrode that knew Sonicboom, almost killed Christaller.

Last trainer on the route had a Dialga, which used DragonBreath and one shotted Christaller. Rest in peace.

Route 218

Got the Old Rod from the weird fisherman and caught a Shellos. This game likes throwing water types at me doesn't it? I named it Molluska.

Jubilife City

Mollusca got poisoned against the male student's Torkoal and was at 1 HP when I healed it.

Now that I have the Old Rod, I can fish on Route 219 and in Twinleaf Town.

Route 219

I caught a Mawile by fishing (logic?? This is Pokemon!) and named it Jaws. I also found a splash plate for all of my water types.

Twinleaf Town

I caught a Charmander in the small pond behind my house. I named it Fafnir, after the fire dragon from Norse Mythology.

Route 204

I fought some trainers and caught a Mighteyena. It is named Lupa.

Right about here is where I'm going to break for today, when I do more I'll update.

Current Team

Ultos (Octillery)
pB3Zws

Level 9
-Aurora Beam
-Water Gun
-Constrict
-Psybeam
Suction Cups
Careful Nature

Cleopatra (Sandshrew)
g8UWxl

Level 9
-Scratch
-Defense Curl
-Sand-Attack
-Poison Sting
Sand Veil
Bashful Nature

Fafnir (Charmander)
HjVSYP

Level 8
-Scratch
-Growl
-Ember
Blaze
Calm Nature

Jaws (Mawile)
R898qS

Level 8
-Astonish
-Fake Tears
Intimidate
Naughty Nature

Mollusca (Shellos - Pink)
bf9762

Level 8
-Mud-Slap
-Mud Sport
-Harden
-Water Pulse
Sticky Hold
Lax Nature

Lupa (Mightyena)
VJMd0g

Level 5
-Tackle
-Howl
-Sand-Attack
-Bite
Quick Feet
Naughty Nature

Boxed: Forget-Not (Jumpluff)
Dead: Cristall[e]r (Shelgon)

See you all next time!

Pyr0mancer

Empoleon Aficionado
Years
Ok, I'm back. I grinded up everyone up to level 10 for the...

Rival Battle

Cleopatra scratched his new addition- Quilava- to death and Ultos spammed Psybeam while Hitmonchan spammed Agility. To think I was actually worried...

On Route 203, the same route with the underwhelming Rival battle, I caught a Glalie and named it Snowman.

Go! Kricketot! Zubat! Wait... I meant Squirtle and Latios!

Now that I think about it, lots of trainers advertise their regular Pokemon, but just look stupid thanks to the randomizer.

Oreburgh Gate

The weird hiker decided to trust a 10 year old child with a very rare piece of technology, and with it I made Jaws and Cleopatra usable!

I caught a Dugtrio and named it AngryMoles

Oreburgh City

I got a Root Fossil somewhere, but I gotta beat the gym first.

Oreburgh Mine

Cleopatra killed the Persian I found ;-;

One of the trainers had a Regigigas, it kept confusing me with Dizzy Punch, causing me to switch, and when Slow Start wore off, he immediately switched to Roselia because I had Mollusca out. AI sometimes...

Route 207

I found a Sharpedo and named it Bruce.

Oreburgh Gym

The two trainers before Roark were pretty easy, with not fully evolved pokemon. Going into Roark, all of my Pokemon are at level 12, except for Cleopatra, at level 11. Roark's highest level Pokemon is level 14 if I recall, so I should be alright.

Roark had an Anorith, Koffing, and a Lickitung, so he was pretty easy.

He gave me the Giga Drain TM, so that's useful.

Jubilife City

Against Team Galactic, an Omastar hit Cleopatra with Water Gun, bringing it down to four HP. When I tried to switch, the Hitmonchan used Pursuit. RIP Cleopatra ;-;

Ravaged Path

I caught a Flareon and named it Nova.

Route 204 (part 2)

Since the Pokemon here are different, I decided to call it a new area. I found a Ledian and named it Superstar.

Snowman has Double team, which is useful when it's stuck out against tougher pokemon.

Valley Windworks

I found an AZELF(!!!) but I accidentally pressed back instead of start, so it doesn't have a nickname for now.

Mars scares me, and for good reason. Her Marowak one shot Mollusca and almost killed Ultos and Fafnir. I'm glad it's over though.

Route 205

I found an Electivire and named it Kilowatt.

That's all for now, I'll update again tomorrow.

Pyr0mancer

Empoleon Aficionado
Years
I grinded the team up to level ten.

If this part is less specific than the last, this is my second time posting this.

Rival Battle

Cleopatra took down his newcomer- Quilava- and I sent out Ultros against Hitmonchan. Instead of using Revenge to counter Psybeam like last time, Hitmonchan used Agility. Twice. And it was already faster than me to begin with. I love AI stupidity sometimes.

Route 203

I caught a Glalie and named it Snowman, despite it being female.

A lot of the trainers on this route call out their specific Pokemon, but the randomizer makes them look stupid.

Oreburgh Gate

I caught a Dugtrio and named it AngryMoles.

I taught Karate Chop and Rock Smash to Jaws (because at that point Astonish was it's only attacking move) and I taught Rock Smash to Cleopatra (because Scratch and Poison Sting won't last very long later).

Oreburgh City

I explored the city a bit, rummaged through my inventory and found a Root Fossil, which will be level 20 when I extract it. I'll come back after the second badge, because after doing the gym, the fossil extractor isn't open.

Oreburgh Mine counts as an area but it's so small it doesn't require its own header.

I ran into a Persian but Cleopatra killed it.

Nobody in the gym posed a challenge, including Roark, or in this case, Wallace.

The worst thing he did was poison Mollusca with his Koffing, causing me a little scare when I realized Mollusca was at one HP at the Pokemon center stand.

Route 207

I caught a Sharpedo and named it Bruce. I now wish I had saved the name Jaws.

Jubilife City Continued

During the Team Galactic double battle, an Omastar hit Cleopatra with water gun, bringing it to 4 HP. When I tried to switch to Lupa, the opposing Hitmonchan hit me with Pursuit, killing Cleopatra.

Ravaged Path

I caught a Flareon and named it Nova.

Route 204 Continued

Since the Pokemon here are different and actually pose a small challenge to my level 12-13 team, I am counting this as a new area.

My encounter here was a Ledian, which I named Superstar.

Valley Windworks

I caught an AZELF and named it Aladdin. If I'm in a situation where I have to replace someone, I look forward to using it.

Mars scares me. Even though her star isn't a Purugly, if it's a legendary, it's even worse.

Since it's a couple of days after this happened, I forgot what her level 17 star was (My mons were in the level 14-16 range) but it got a crit and killed Mollusca. I actually really liked having Mollusca on the team, and it dealt a lot of damage to enemy pokemon. GGS Mollusca.

Route 205

I caught an Electivire and named it Kilowatt.

This is about where I stopped, I'll be back later with more.

Back