• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
Ycch, traded members against first round Gym Leaders... Ycch.

Will clear off Erika (and maybe Koga and Blaine) later today.

Hacky

Who knows who <- is?
Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2011
Seems, that i just can't get the edited save to work, so I restarted. Beaten Koga's gym, but I forgot Erika so I'm now there. Still doing fire. I'm too tired to tell all of the stats, so I'll just tell, that I have a Growlithe FIFI, Flareon (forgot to nick Eevee), & DEITY the Charizard.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
Dunno why I want to play FR/LG now, so I'll start another challenge, and my type would be Ghost. Since I can't trade, I'll do the first two gyms, do the S.S. Anne, skip the Vermilion Gym, do the Rocket Game corner quest and get a Gastly from the Pokemon Tower. In G/S/C I'll get a Gastly pretty quickly, in R/S/E I'll get Shedinja and Sableye early, and in Platinum I can get Drifloon before the second gym and Rotom before the third gym.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Got 8 gym badges, completed the victory road, and now training everyone to level 50 for the Elite four.
Kanto's elite four is the hardest imo. x_x

Team:
MDP049.png

Dustoth, the Venomoth @ Quick Claw
Lv.35
~Supersonic
~Silver Wind
~Stun Spore
~Psychic

Wasp, the Beedrill did her job very well, but I believe it's time for her to go, I'm afraid she can't handle the Elite four. And so, here comes her replacement. Dustoth will be able to do his job well, with his good stats and movepool, he can destroy lots.

MDP003.png

Trike, the Venusaur
Lv.46
~Razor Leaf
~Toxic
~Sleep Powder
~Solarbeam

MDP073.png

Kraken, the Tentacruel
Lv.44
~Supersonic
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Bubblebeam

MDP110.png

Bomb, the Weezing
Lv.45
~Sunny Day
~Explosion
~Sludge
~Flamethrower

MDP024.png

Anaconda, the Arbok @ Blackglasses
Lv.44
~Dig
~Glare
~Strength
~Bite

MDP034.png

Megalodon, the Nidoking
Lv.46
~Earthquake
~Shock Wave
~Fire Blast
~Megahorn

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
I got tired of my diary-typed blogging so im just going to go ahead and do a fast update:

Beat Sliph Co. Not too hard, just a ton of people to fight.
Got Masterball, probably won't use it.
Went to Sabrina's Gym
Beat Sabrina, harder than I anticipated it to be, I'll be honest. Looked like I was going to get swept by her Alakazam, but thank god Gyarados is bulky.
Went to Fuschia City, going to level my Lapras so it is actually useful.

Team:

emesprani009.gif

Dennis:
Lv. 41
Surf
Bite
Dig
Mega Punch

emesprani130.gif

Harriet
Lv. 40
Bite
Twister
Hydro Pump
Water Pulse

emesprani131.gif

Melville
Lv. 27 (in training)
Surf
Psychic
Confuse Ray
Perish Song

emesprani134.gif

Gordon
Lv. 41
Quick Attack
Helping Hand
Bite
Auroura Beam

emesprani062.gif

Destructo
Lv. 40
Brick Break
Water Gun
Strength
Hypnosis

Zehloff

Mudkipz? MUDKIPZ? MUDKIPZ!!!!!
Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2010
I'm thinking of starting. But I'm really torn between fighting and bug...
Which do you suggest?

EDIT:
After some thought, I now want fighting, bug, and poison... ._.
Also, I'll be playing on a leafgreen rom.

EDIT: I've chose poison.
My team will be:

Muk
Nidoking
Haunter (note: will remain Haunter, for this is a rom. [unless you let me hack a Gengar of the same level{winkwink}])
Beedrill
Venusaur
Tentacruel

Wish me luck.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2010
I'll start with fire.
I was going to chose Flying, but it would be way to easy.
First gen limits me to 5 pokémon (4 in red).
I will use Blue.
This is the team I have in mind:
Charizard

Ninetails

Rapidash

Magmar

Flareon

Diamond/Pearl will be dificult, cuz I never beat those games.
1st video/report problably today.

EDIT: Brock: 9wHhDIC1QAM (youtube)
Misty:rPjRBQ5iZOU
Lt. Surge:Q-MZiqraNFY

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
2. Gym Battle - Brock

Battled Brock and easily beat him.
Travelled Route 3 and reached the Mt Moon. PC.
Bought Magikarp (nicknamed DRACO).
Trained up DRACO to Lv.7

TEAM UPDATE

TORRENT, the WARTORTLE
Lv. 17

- TACKLE
- TAIL WHIP
- BUBBLE
- WATER GUN

DRACO, the MAGIKARP
Lv. 7

- SPLASH

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2010
Update

Figueroa - Charizard
lvl 39
Slash
Leer
Growl
Ember

Ricky - Vulpix
lvl 23
Quick Atack
Ember
Roar
Tail Whip

Hernanes - Flareon
lvl 25
Tackle
Sand Attack

Beatten Erika. No need to level up anyone.
Vs erika: youtube.com/watch?v=EemMXvQODJA

Medli

I am Error.
Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2010
Don'tcha love it when your computer explodes thanks to a virus? Don'tcha also love it when you become so stressed due to various reasons you just don't feel like doing anything?

Hopefully, I'll be getting back to more regular logs again. I feel bad for not updating/playing the game regularly. So, today's log is a lame catch-up thing.

---
Fire Monotype Challenge: Part... Twenty-One? - "Aren't I a good Samaritan?" (Note: Title has nothing to do with the log. I always thought that quote was funny.)

Trainer Name: Seb
Badges: 2
Generation: II (on Crystal)

Log:

• Passed through to Violet City left with 1HP on my Pokemon. Thanks for that, poison.
  • Destroyed the Bellsprout Tower. Same with Falkner. No need for special logs. Zephyrbadge get!
  • Tyson, my Quilava, is now Level 18. He's so awesome, he burns Goldeen.
  • And rocks aka Onix.
  • Caught a Bellsprout because I'll probably pwn other HM Slaves later and I won't be able to catch any of them.
  • SAVED THE SLOWPOKES. HUZZAH.
  • Bugsy's Gym was a joke. What was the name of the badge? The Hivebadge? Sure. Why not? Hivebadge get.
  • Defeated Rival Shawn.
  • Got to Goldenrod.
  • Realized that you can only get Growlithe at day, and I don't want to start the next gym without it. It's 7:53 PM. *headdesk*
Team:
gbs156.gif

Tyson (Level 24)
- Ember
- Quick Attack
- Smokescreen
- Leer

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
- did the thingy at the thingy where the thingy comes every friday
- beat gardenia
- evolved magikarp
- beat fantina
- got eevee
- found water stone

about to do the vilestone gym (so i can fly)

TEAM

394.png

Prinplup Lv. 32
Bubblebeam
Metal Claw
Pound
Peck

130.png

Gyarados Lv. 23
Splash (gotta get rid of it -.-)
Tackle (same)
Bite
Dragon Rage

418.png

Buizel Lv. 24
Swift
Pursuit
Aqua Jet
Water Gun

134.png

Vaporeon Lv. 20
Tackle
Helping Hand
Sand-Attack
Growl

399.png

Bidoof Lv. 6 (HM slave and becomes water type never going to use in battle)
Tackle
Rock Smash
Growl
Cut

397.png

Staravia Lv. 18 (going to teach fly and defog)
Quick Attack
Wing Attack
Double Team
Endeavor

Day-Care
Psyduck Lv. I dunno, didn't check

I WANT ICE BEAM!!!

KopaKura

Soul searcher
Years
Hmm, this looks interesting, but I'm seriously low on time.

I'm going to take Fire types on Pokémon Green (Yes, the original), but I don't want to be added to the list yet!

My first update'll come with an idea of whether I'll be able to carry on or not, and I'll let you know whether to add me to the list or not then. :)

EDIT: I believe that I WILL do the challenge, solely for the fact that this Pokémon green is translated so poorly that it's hilarious, and I'll have fun reporting all the mishaps and things. If I finish this before the English Soul Silver is out, I'll also be using my poorly translated version of that for the next generation. So go ahead and add me to the list with Fire types. :)

I will be using my DS to play all of the games, except for R/S/E for which I will be using an emulator, as I'm too attached to my games to restart.

First update:

(Did you know that Green also has a border like R/B/Y in Pokémon Stadium? It makes my DS screen very pretty.)

Well, I started my journey off with a very long lecture by a man named Dr. Auchyder (Oak) Also known as Dr. PET (The Pokémon professer), as he told me somewhat confusingly the ropes of PET training, and also got me confused with his Grandson ("This is my Grandson, your good partner or your opponent, what is your name?"), and then finally I was ready to go!

Of course I started in my room, next to my Snes, I didn't bother to check the game, I probably wouldn't understand it anyway. I headed downstairs and out of the door, completely ignoring my mother as she ignored me. On my way up to the edge of town, out by the long grass, I was stopped by a voice, it was Auchyder's! ("No! Wait me! Bad PET is dangerous here. Follow!") After following his caveman-like cries I came to his laboratory, where his Grandson was also waiting. It seems he didn't forget why his grandson was here, but allowed me to chose first anyway. Looking at the Pokéballs on the table I noticed that they contained SHADO (Charmander), TORTO (Squirtle) and BUD (Bulbasaur). I, of course, chose SHADO, and aptly named it Shado, seems I can only name my PETs up to five letter names, so Shadow was out of the question.

After a brief battle with Green, which I won, I was off on the road again, collecting a 'Wound Cure' (Potion) from a strange man and fighting 'BOBO's (Pidgeys), I don't think I've laughed quite as hard as when a BOBO used 'Blow' (Gust) against my Shado, who happened to be using Scratch and, uh, 'Chirps' (...Growl?).

I got to Evergreen City (Viridian) without any problem though, but there's a man blocking the route out of here, there's no reason for it, he doesn't want his coffee, he just decided he didn't want anyone to go passed him. ("No! You don't go there! I say so!") So instead I went to kill time at the local Pokémart, or I suppose PETmart, but suddenly the store clerk recognised me from White Town (Pallet), and ordered me to take a parcel to Dr. Auchyder, and so I did, journeying back to White Town, hoping that the strange old man will have moved by the time I'm back at Evergreen.

Finally I got back to White Town, and back into Auchyder's lab. I handed him the Mystery Parcel and he thanked me, apparently it was some custom Monster ball or something. Green then turned up soon after, seems that Auchyder had something to give us, it turned out to be an Automated recording book! (Pokédex) With that done, it was time for Green to head off, I'm quite surprised, he quite happily said good bye to his grandfather and me ("Auchyder and Red, Bye-bye!") but not before telling me that he wasn't going to let his sister give me a town map! Then it was time for me to leave too, I quickly stole a glance at the e-mail on Auchyder's screen, but I couldn't understand a word of it! Then I left and headed towards Green's house, where his sister happily gave me a Town Map.

And that was where I saved, "Are you to report on the report card? Red recorded seriously on the report!"

What will happen next? Will our hero beat several blowing Bobos? And will Green start being meaner? And where the HELL did the name Auchyder come from anyway? Find out next time (or not) on Red's Green adventure!

PETS:

greenspr004.png

Shado/SHADO
HP: 22
Attack: 14
Protect: 13
Agile: 15
Special: 13
-Scratch
-Chirps

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

Years
So, in my ghost run, I'm doing things relatively fast and now I'm standing in front of Pokemon Mansion, having six badges.

Team Haunter:
haunter.gif

Haunt/Haunter m. Lv. 49 @ Quick Claw
Bashful Nature/Levitate
114 HP, 75 Atk, 58 Def, 137 SpA, 73 SpD, 104 Spe
~ Shadow Ball
~ Thunderbolt
~ Psychic
~ Giga Drain

HM Slaves: Bulbaslave (Venusaur, level 42, Strength/Cut/Razor Leaf/Vine Whip), Surfed! (Goldeen, level 14, Surf/Water Sport/Supersonic/Peck), Flyfly (Pidgey, level 15, Fly/Gust/Tackle/Quick Attack) and Tom Cat (Meowth, level 12, Flash/Bite/Scratch/Growl)

Fire Wolf

Years
So, in my mono ghost run, I've got to the Victory Road, and now I'm tired, so I decided to save in front of the Victory Road.

Current Team Haunter:
haunter.gif

Haunt/Haunter m. Lv. 56 @ Quick Claw
Bashful Nature/Levitate
132 HP, 91 Atk, 69 Def, 158 SpA, 84 SpD, 124 Spe
~ Shadow Ball
~ Thunderbolt
~ Psychic
~ Giga Drain

HM Slaves: Bulbaslave (Venusaur, level 42, Strength/Cut/Razor Leaf/Vine Whip), Surfed! (Goldeen, level 14, Surf/Water Sport/Supersonic/Peck), Flyfly (Pidgey, level 15, Fly/Gust/Tackle/Quick Attack) and Tom Cat (Meowth, level 12, Flash/Bite/Scratch/Growl)

I just realized that Crystal would be a solo-Gengar run as well (though this is a solo-Haunter run), since we get Misdreavus really late, it's rare there as well and to top it off it has a bad movepool in G/S/C.

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2010
Update:
Now my team is complete. I will level up Vulpix til 42 so it can learn Fire Spin, then I will evolve it into Ninetails
But, after all, my whole team needs leveling up.

FIGUEROA - Charizard
LVL 49
Slash
Growl
Flamethrower
Leer

Magmar
LVL 38
Ember
Leer
:/

RICKY - Vulpix
LVL 37
Flamethrower
Tail Whip
Quick Attack
Confuse Ray

HERNANES - Flareon
LVL 36
Tackle
Sand-Attack
Quick Attack
Ember

Ponyta
LVL 30
Ember
Tail Whip

You can check out the videos in my playlist:
youtube.com/view_play_list?p=343FFCE0681E20BD
I've recorded all of the gym battles.

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
Years
2nd Johto entry
Version: Crystal
Type: Normal

Righto. So, we got past Falkner without any trouble. Bugsy was pretty much a piece of cake, too. Whitney was a little bit of a challenge, knocking out my Noctowl with that cow of hers. Anyways, she ended up handing me the badge, (although she clearly didn't want to) and we owned Morty, too, although his Gengar managed to kick poor Noctowl's ass, so Furret had to take over. When we were in Cianwood to pick up some medicine for Amphy, we stopped by the gym to allow Noctowl to regain a bit of it's honor by owning them all with Hypnosis and Peck. After a little minor grinding, we'll be challenging Jasmine.
Here's teh current team:

gbc164.gif
Noctowl, lv. 35

- Tackle
- Hypnosis
- Fly
- Peck

gbc217.gif
Ursaring, lv. 35
Holding Quick Claw
- Strength
- Faint Attack
- Lick
- Fury Swipes

gbc162.gif
Furret, lv. 35

- Headbutt
- Slam
- Surf
- Quick Attack

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
Hmm, this looks interesting, but I'm seriously low on time.

I'm going to take Fire types on Pokémon Green (Yes, the original), but I don't want to be added to the list yet!

My first update'll come with an idea of whether I'll be able to carry on or not, and I'll let you know whether to add me to the list or not then. :)

EDIT: I believe that I WILL do the challenge, solely for the fact that this Pokémon green is translated so poorly that it's hilarious, and I'll have fun reporting all the mishaps and things. If I finish this before the English Soul Silver is out, I'll also be using my poorly translated version of that for the next generation. So go ahead and add me to the list with Fire types. :)

I will be using my DS to play all of the games, except for R/S/E for which I will be using an emulator, as I'm too attached to my games to restart.

First update:

(Did you know that Green also has a border like R/B/Y in Pokémon Stadium? It makes my DS screen very pretty.)

Well, I started my journey off with a very long lecture by a man named Dr. Auchyder (Oak) Also known as Dr. PET (The Pokémon professer), as he told me somewhat confusingly the ropes of PET training, and also got me confused with his Grandson ("This is my Grandson, your good partner or your opponent, what is your name?"), and then finally I was ready to go!

Of course I started in my room, next to my Snes, I didn't bother to check the game, I probably wouldn't understand it anyway. I headed downstairs and out of the door, completely ignoring my mother as she ignored me. On my way up to the edge of town, out by the long grass, I was stopped by a voice, it was Auchyder's! ("No! Wait me! Bad PET is dangerous here. Follow!") After following his caveman-like cries I came to his laboratory, where his Grandson was also waiting. It seems he didn't forget why his grandson was here, but allowed me to chose first anyway. Looking at the Pokéballs on the table I noticed that they contained SHADO (Charmander), TORTO (Squirtle) and BUD (Bulbasaur). I, of course, chose SHADO, and aptly named it Shado, seems I can only name my PETs up to five letter names, so Shadow was out of the question.

After a brief battle with Green, which I won, I was off on the road again, collecting a 'Wound Cure' (Potion) from a strange man and fighting 'BOBO's (Pidgeys), I don't think I've laughed quite as hard as when a BOBO used 'Blow' (Gust) against my Shado, who happened to be using Scratch and, uh, 'Chirps' (...Growl?).

I got to Evergreen City (Viridian) without any problem though, but there's a man blocking the route out of here, there's no reason for it, he doesn't want his coffee, he just decided he didn't want anyone to go passed him. ("No! You don't go there! I say so!") So instead I went to kill time at the local Pokémart, or I suppose PETmart, but suddenly the store clerk recognised me from White Town (Pallet), and ordered me to take a parcel to Dr. Auchyder, and so I did, journeying back to White Town, hoping that the strange old man will have moved by the time I'm back at Evergreen.

Finally I got back to White Town, and back into Auchyder's lab. I handed him the Mystery Parcel and he thanked me, apparently it was some custom Monster ball or something. Green then turned up soon after, seems that Auchyder had something to give us, it turned out to be an Automated recording book! (Pokédex) With that done, it was time for Green to head off, I'm quite surprised, he quite happily said good bye to his grandfather and me ("Auchyder and Red, Bye-bye!") but not before telling me that he wasn't going to let his sister give me a town map! Then it was time for me to leave too, I quickly stole a glance at the e-mail on Auchyder's screen, but I couldn't understand a word of it! Then I left and headed towards Green's house, where his sister happily gave me a Town Map.

And that was where I saved, "Are you to report on the report card? Red recorded seriously on the report!"

What will happen next? Will our hero beat several blowing Bobos? And will Green start being meaner? And where the HELL did the name Auchyder come from anyway? Find out next time (or not) on Red's Green adventure!

PETS:

greenspr004.png

Shado/SHADO
HP: 22
Attack: 14
Protect: 13
Agile: 15
Special: 13
-Scratch
-Chirps

Oh my, Green is hilariously bad!

All these monotype adventure make me want to start a new one.... no, must revise for exams, must revise for exams...

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
EDIT: Drat, wrong button.

Shoot, I'm gonna have to do some major sequence breaking in Crystal to get the team I want. Oh well, it's for Gligar, so it's alright.

Erika was even easier than I thought she'd be, Chitose was three levels higher than her lead, Tangela. Easy win, easy win.

Koga's gym is proving more annoying than the type should be, but the again he's crammed full of psychic pokemon with annoyer moves (unlike Sabrina who is crammed full of psychic pokemon with direct-damage moves), but Lv. 35 Charmeleon + Lv. 50 Venomoth = Lv. 36 Charizard.

Went to Cinnibar and SAEV'd.

----Funny Notes----

Did you know that Gen 1 Golbat can learn Mega Drain? Neither did I.

Since Blaster's been used as more of a physical sweeper, he gets Swords Dance.

I'm dumping all my unwanted TMs on Strongman. It's not like I'll be using him. Maybe I'll transfer him to a Gold Version file as a Strength Slave... if I can find my Gold Version rom...

Last edited:

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
----Funny Notes----

Did you know that Gen 1 Crobat can learn Mega Drain? Neither did I.

Since Blaster's been used as more of a physical sweeper, he gets Swords Dance.

I'm dumping all my unwanted TMs on Strongman. It's not like I'll be using him. Maybe I'll transfer him to a Gold Version file as a Strength Slave... if I can find my Gold Version rom...
Wow i didn't even know that crobat was in the first gen :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

I didn't think Crobat came until gen 2 :\

for me not much happened

beat vilestone gym, got fly and leveled a bit thats all

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back