• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What phases have you gone through?

Years
Pretty self-explanatory, I should think. What phases have you gone through? Why? How long did they last? Were they the good old days, or the rancid horrible old days?

But humans are like the moon... they're all phases-y, and this is really deep shit.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I've gone through so many it's not even funny. D: The few that I remember are Nascar (before the internet), Beyblade and Digimon. They were phases that I found myself obsessed with as a teen/child at the time, seeing how I'm not anymore.

pkmin3033

I had a Star Wars phase when I was a teenager...I've read more Expanded Universe novels than I care to admit.

I'm not sure if I ever really had an emo phase persay, as my mood has generally soured - and my mental health declined - as I've gotten older. That said, I DID have a pseudo-goth phase where I just tried to get as much gothic clothing as possible because black was the only colour that really went with my hair. xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Too many to count when it comes to fandom phases.

I did go through this weird phase in high school where I just wore black like I wouldn't even call it a goth or emo phase is was just... a weird phase. But it's the only phase I can really remember having other than fandom phases.

Years
I had this long hair phase from the time I was in 7th grade until just after finishing my first semester of college. During two of those times (8th grade and 11th grade) I actually had real long hair, but the other times it was more like mop hair/skateboarder hair.

My hair is much more shorter now and has been for almost five years at this point.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
too many to count.

the ones i remember are avril lavigne, any sort of emo band (especially pierce the veil and black veil brides, also other ones that shall not be named), dan and phil (i still watch them and am lowkey obsessed with them still but not as much), pewdiepie, uhhh.. sonic for sure for many years. monster high for a short time. oh also victorious. i was obsessed with that for a while.

my current one is jacksepticeye but i wouldnt necessarily call it a phase, imo.

Outlier

Somehow I was a relatively well adjusted kid and teenager, apparently mature for my age according to most people, yet I went through an attention-seeking cringe phase as a young adult. I chalk most of it up to isolation and the effects that can have on your psyche over the years but some of my behavior is still embarrassing to think back on. Not that I'm perfect now either.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I can tell you one phase I HAVEN'T been through:
Being A Tomboy :P I was pretty much never a tomboy in my 28 years of life. I've been friends with lots of tomboys, and i've generally liked video games as a teenager, but I still was pretty much always very girly girl (as a pants HATING child, as a teen, and as an adult). And I pretty much never disliked the color pink, as well.

:P

Girly girl pride (and korrina loving girly girl pride too!!!! <3)

(of course, i still love corni, even if she's more tomboyish than girly she means the world to me....plus stereo types aren't EVERYTHING, ya know? :P *snuggles the pretty blonde sk8r <3*)

EDIT: As for phases I HAVE been through, well, i was super into sailor moon as a pre teen xD; I guess my love for scaryer stuff at age 19ish was also some-what tomboyish, but, meh, i still acted pretty girly even then....O.o;;

Last edited:

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
Years
oh boy, uhhhh

-tomboy phase when i was little that persisted for a looong time
-horse/country phase.......
-"the weird dragon kid" phase
-wolfaboo phase
-online sim site games phase (neopets, webkinz and such)
-scene kid phase
-emo kid phase
-hipster phase
-superwholock and homestuck phase.... ugggggh
-"i'm not trans so i'm gonna be EXTREMELY transphobic!!!" phase because i was Shook at the prospect that i Might have been trans so as a result i dressed and acted INCREDIBLY feminine.
-queue me accepting i'm transmasculine
-"metal is the only good music ever and POP SUCKS!!!11!!!" phase
-EDGY AS FUCK PHASE ("i hate everyone :)", "i'm an asshole and i'm proud that i am", trolling 12 year olds online, going to gore websites and watching videos of people being murdered and tortured and thinking it was funny, pro-gatekeeping and cringe culture, "i was bullied as a kid so it's Okay for me to be a bully")
-stoner phase where i actually started to Chill the Fuck out

and after this everything is pretty much current.
-Huge Ass Furry
-punk as hell
-anti-cringe culture, anti-gatekeeping, please just leave people the fuck alone
-junkie/addict phase. not so much a stoner anymore... more like.... let's take ambien and mix it with alcohol and Ascend into the fourth plane.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
Hmm I don't know if I've gone through many. Definitely had like a slightly edgy phase where I didn't dress edgy but I watched a large of dark anime and such. Tokyo Ghoul and the like.

Back