• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Harness the Spirit of Victory: Pokémon Honor and Glory Versions

Zephdo

Pokemon Honor and Glory Co-Director
Years
Harness the Spirit of Victory in Pokémon Honor and Glory Versions!

Journey through tropical region of Ibaro discovering new Pokémon and meeting new people along the way!
Challenge the Pokémon League and discover the secrets of PokéSpirit!

Platform/Engine:
Pokémon Essentials v17.2 and EBS

Plot:
Spoiler:

Features:
Spoiler:

Progress Report:
The game concept , character design, lore, and region has been in conceptualization since 2013.
The game has been in development since November 11, 2019.
Estimated release of first demo is Mid 2021.

Changelog
Spoiler:

General Teaser Picture:
Spoiler:

Credits:
Spoiler:

About:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

jensmoking

Little boygirl.
Years
This is gonna be a hack rom or an actual game? If so, what engine are you gonna use?
Besides the scripting thing, I'm pretty sure that I can help.

Zephdo

Years
This is gonna be a hack rom or an actual game? If so, what engine are you gonna use?
Besides the scripting thing, I'm pretty sure that I can help.
Hi jensmoking!~
Thank you for having interest in this project! We appreciate all the help we'll get!~ It is still not planned whether Pokemon Honor and Glory version(s) will be a romhack, rmxp fangame or whatever (is there another way?) yet. It would be really really really nice if this project would be able to pursue the "RMXP fangame path" but that we'll be evaluating our team's resource if we can manage to do so. If not, then romhack it is.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
you are welcome to use my overworld sprites and any tilesets I make. if you are making a gen 3 game that is. I cant be of much help otherwise. as I cant make specific requests at this time. i'm all loaded up with requests.

Zephdo

Years
you are welcome to use my overworld sprites and any tilesets I make. if you are making a gen 3 game that is. I cant be of much help otherwise. as I cant make specific requests at this time. i'm all loaded up with requests.

Thank you very much!~
We will give credit where credit is due! We appreciate all the help we get!~
Thank you for having interest in Pokemon Honor and Glory
Have a nice day! ^_^

Last edited:

Zephdo

Years
attachment.php

Just a little shameless bump to the thread~

Remember that kid in Jubilife? The one that's always turning only his head sideways when you speak to him? Turns out he was holding a DS! Well, look at what he has now!
Damn priviledged kids.

Years
Yo yo yo just a fellow Filipino chiming in to say that this is an incredible idea and I'mma give my support. This'd be nuts to make reality.

Maybe I can help as a brainstormer for new Philippine inspired Fakemon? If there isn't already a full dex? I think I have a few characters lying around.

Zephdo

Years
Yo yo yo just a fellow Filipino chiming in to say that this is an incredible idea and I'mma give my support. This'd be nuts to make reality.

Maybe I can help as a brainstormer for new Philippine inspired Fakemon? If there isn't already a full dex? I think I have a few characters lying around.

Hi, currently we have a WIP Regional Pokédex with over 500 Pokémon including more than a hundred new Pokémon found only in the region. We also have Regional Variants, Cross-generation Evolution, future planned ultra beasts expansion arc. We're interested in some of your ideas!

Kamkam2005

Infernitaur
Years
1- this sounds amazing
2-not trying to ask for too much, but do you think that you could include a gen 6 exp. share in your game?

Zephdo

Years
NEW UPDATE: 18th of May 2020

Harness the Spirit of Victory in Pokémon Honor and Glory!

Logo_Full.png
What is Pokémon Honor and Glory?
MABUHAY! Pokémon Honor and Glory are a pair of Pokémon fangames made by Zephdo and Energyzd. These games are made to capture the spirit of a traditional Pokémon game and will contain a new region, new Pokémon, interesting characters and so much more.

We have only started developing recently, and are in need of awesome people willing to help! If you are interested in joining, information about the game and our contact information can be found below.

unknown.png

Lore:
The Ibaro region, like its real-world inspiration, is famous for its history. The region's famous historic events are all kept in the Great Ibarran Epic; an excerpt of it can be found below.
Once in the Great Ibarran Antiquity, people and Pokemon lived peacefully. They formed tribes, each being in sync to a particular elemental force. Each tribe lived far from each other. Years passed and they began to form alliances. Eventually, two great clans were born: The Sky Clan of the West and the Ocean Clan of the East. Both clans revered one of the two great guardians of Ibaro. Eventually, the two clans started to fight for supremacy. The Great One, angered and disappointed, sent his Emissary to punish the clans of Ibaro. But because of his love and mercy, he also sent his human Champion along with its Pokemon brother to redeem the land from destruction and save it from the Terrible Punisher. Together, they performed many deeds across the islands. Both passed away at the end of the battle against the Punisher, but this was not in vain. The Great One ordered the people to seal the Punisher along with the two great guardians in the most secret of locations, their body parts being split into relics and sealed. The Great Clans formed a pact in order to prevent history from repeating all over again.

Planned Additions:
  • Brand new region with new cities, routes, and more
  • Over 100 never-before-seen Pokémon only native to Ibaro
  • Brand new regional forms and regional evolutions of older Pokémon
  • A regional dex of around 500 Pokémon (new and old), with all Pokémon from Generations 1-8 being available after the game's completion
  • New moves and abilities for old and new Pokémon
Finally, a brand new mechanic called PokéSpirit will be introduced. This mechanic allows Pokémon to gain an additional typing (for a new dual- or triple-typing) and even allows some native Ibaro Pokémon to change into an upgraded form, similar to Mega Evolution and Gigantamax.
The PokéSpirit is believed to be the last great deed of the Champion and his Pokémon Brother the moment they perished. This talent is taught to the people, but they fear it. They believe that the Great One will smite them once more shall they ever abuse this gift.

unknown.png

None of these sprites, maps, or character dialogues are final.

Please go and check out the official recruitment thread:
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=434901

Contact Information:
Interested in joining? Come message us on Discord (Energyzd#9723 or Zephdo#5667) and we will send you a link to the Discord server.

Last edited:
Back